Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

:hi Mary.

Are you ready for all the saltine counts that are going to start coming in with the Angel ghans being started today? :D

Yes! I keep a pen and notepad right here by my Laptop. :hook

I forgot to show you lovely people. I entered DBF's dragon and an H bag into the Vanna's Choice contest. Here's the bag:

th_Hbagflatview.jpg

Val, it's beautiful. :yay Good luck with the contest!

We always watch the Super Bowl and love to see the commercials. It will be a great time to make some little squares. :crocheting

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Ladies!

Just wanted to stop in to speak. I will try and go back and read the stuff I have missed. I did read some

Tabitha, I hope Jaden is feeling better.

Prizsm, your bad is very pretty.

Mary but me down for 42 more squares.

I have joined enough squares to make two blocks for my DIC. I will have to post a pic later. I have start an ATW for my aunt and I am doing it as a join as you go and it has turned out ok. Here is a pic ...http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z23/selanda1/Crocheted%20Items/Picture247.jpg

Everyone have a good day!

Your CASA is very pretty and your grandson is a cutie!

Hi ladies....I haven't posted lately but do try to keep up with all the chatter......

Without further ado.......the CASA....given to my BF for Christmas (sorry about the delay, I'm a terrible procratinator)

new015.jpg

And my new grandson, Little Jeffery, born Jan 9th......7 lbs and 9 oz

new034.jpg

Selanda, great start.

I just made out like a bandit at Michael's. 16 skeins of Berella "4" for $17 (savings of $70). 8 skeins each in Velvet Night and Tapestry Ombre. :jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

Selanda, great start.

I just made out like a bandit at Michael's. 16 skeins of Berella "4" for $17 (savings of $70). 8 skeins each in Velvet Night and Tapestry Ombre. :jumpyay:woo:jumpyay

WOW!!! I really don't need any more...really...really...

Tracy, your children are too cute!

Tracy wishes they were hers! They're her brother's kids and she used to have them over all the time, but not lately, since she moved. This was a treat for her and her 11yo DD to sit with them.

We are a hard group to keep up with;)

Hi! I just stumbled on yellow happy house this week and was blown away by the quilt afghans! I want to do every one but I especially like Around the World. I want to do this too, but am new to this site and still don't understand how all this works?:think I haven't figured out how to add friends, or really find my way around but I guess I'll learn all that, but I've never done a CAL? before. Is this to be finished by a certain time. If someone can give me the details, I would like to do this! Also what are all the things at the bottom of everyone's posts like stash,wip,wish list,etc. I know I'm so new I seem dumb,:blush, but this whole site looks really fun if I can figure it all out! lol Thanks, Michelle

Howdy Michelle! Welcome to the group. I see some of the other ladies have already explained things much better than I could have. So I'll just add that we're oh so glad to have you :manyheart

I forgot to show you lovely people. I entered DBF's dragon and an H bag into the Vanna's Choice contest. Here's the bag:

th_Hbagflatview.jpg

Oh I like that in the smaller size very much! :yes Good luck in the contest :cheer

Hi, Linda!

We'll be watching the Super Bowl. SDR went to pick up his step dad (he'll stay overnight) and our DS will be coming over, too. Normal Sunday dinner before the game, and we're hoping it's not a blow out...that can be boring. At least the commercials should be good.:D

Oh dear, is it Super Bowl Sunday? I didn't even know. BDs not a sport fan at all. He likes to play but not to watch. Makes it hard during basketball season cuz I loves my Spurs :D

Hello Ladies!

Just wanted to stop in to speak. I will try and go back and read the stuff I have missed. I did read some

I have joined enough squares to make two blocks for my DIC. I will have to post a pic later. I have start an ATW for my aunt and I am doing it as a join as you go and it has turned out ok. Here is a pic ...http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z23/selanda1/Crocheted%20Items/Picture247.jpg

Hi Selanda! :hi You're off to a great start on your ATW! :cheer

Selanda, great start.

I just walked right on past that "4" yesterday because it just wasn't in my budget. Okay, I lie. I picked up one skein and cuddled it but that was all :rofl I made my scarf from the "4" and that yarn is just delicious! Grats on the great yarn score! :h5

Good morning ladies! Yes. It's morning in Caraland :rofl Are we ready to make some saltines!?! I know I am. Tried to start a little bit ahead of time last night but all I got was four made and put together. BD had half the lights off and I couldn't see well enough :lol

But I'm raring to go today :hook

Thanks to all who helped!:waving I'm so happy that my first CAL ever is one of Cara's designs! I found her website before this one and man! are you talented!!! I'm going to do ATW in reds and blues for my bed. How do I get my name on the list so I will be in the "group" if someone else is doing this same quilt-ghan? I know I will soon be addicted!:D I will gladly put up pics although I will be slow,if I can learn how:blush :ty again! I'm so excited!:hug

Thanks to all who helped!:waving I'm so happy that my first CAL ever is one of Cara's designs! I found her website before this one and man! are you talented!!!

Aww shucks :2blush I'm just continuously bowled over that folks enjoy it so much :manyheart Can't wait to see your ATW! :clap

Thanks ladies. I have made an album for a DIC here. I joined each sqaure w/a slip stitch because I did not like the way it looked when I whipped stitch them together.

Ooh love those colors! Excellent choices :yes

WOW!!! I really don't need any more...really...really...

Tracy wishes they were hers! They're her brother's kids and she used to have them over all the time, but not lately, since she moved. This was a treat for her and her 11yo DD to sit with them.

We are a hard group to keep up with;)

:yes exactly that. :D

Thanks to all who helped!:waving I'm so happy that my first CAL ever is one of Cara's designs! I found her website before this one and man! are you talented!!! I'm going to do ATW in reds and blues for my bed. How do I get my name on the list so I will be in the "group" if someone else is doing this same quilt-ghan? I know I will soon be addicted!:D I will gladly put up pics although I will be slow,if I can learn how:blush :ty again! I'm so excited!:hug

We all just check in as we're working on something.

I have an ATW in 4 colors that is still waiting for my attention, but I might suggest you put EHH Cal in your siggy line, or just WIP: ATW so those who are doing them can see and possibly reach out to you if they want to.

Cara, owner of EHH, can offer more suggestions, I'm sure!:yes

Hi Selanda! Your IC is gorgeous and I really like the colors in your ATW, too. :cheer I've added your 42 squares. :)

Michelle ~ Are you talking about the very first post? I don't think that has been updated in a long time, so Judy's idea is a great one. :yes Oh yes, we love pictures anytime!

Wow! Linda, congratulations on the wonderful bargain. Our Michael's hasn't had that yarn in a long time...maybe I'd better check again. :hook

Thanks for the compliments everyone! It'd be nice if we all could win :D

Hershey, regarding the picture's. I have a Photobucket account (so this is the only way I know how). I upload my pics to photobucket, then under the picture there's a check box. Select that, and go to the bottom of the page. Click on the button that says "Generate HTML..." You'll be taken to a page with four boxes of code. Copy the code that's in the box for Clickable pictures for message boards and just paste that right into your message. Super easy and makes the picture clickable in case anyone wants to see it bigger.

Quick question. How many saltines can you get out of a skein with an I hook?

Hi Pickles. I always use my H hook and will usually get at least 45-50 squares from a skein of RHSS and I Love This Yarn. If I remember right, it's about 7 yards per saltine. :think

Hi Miss Tabby. Is Jaden better? I hope you are okay, too. :manyheart

Dishes are done...very little crocheting this weekend, but I did make a few squares for Miss Angel this evening and joined one row for Mr. Penguin. :hook

Quick question. How many saltines can you get out of a skein with an I hook?

No clue :no I get at least 48 with a G hook. Sometimes are many as 60 :yes

Hi Pickles. I always use my H hook and will usually get at least 45-50 squares from a skein of RHSS and I Love This Yarn. If I remember right, it's about 7 yards per saltine. :think

You know, I never thought to see how many yards a saltine takes. That's something I should probably do :lol

I've made and sewn together 28 squares so far on the Angel! :yay I told y'all I was anxious to start this :lol

Sounds like a great layout to me :D I'm dying to start work on mine. Gotta wait 1 hour 50 minutes though :lol I might just cheat and start now. I don't think I can stand the wait :devil

:lol :lol

Hi! I just stumbled on yellow happy house this week and was blown away by the quilt afghans! I want to do every one but I especially like Around the World. I want to do this too, but am new to this site and still don't understand how all this works?:think I haven't figured out how to add friends, or really find my way around but I guess I'll learn all that, but I've never done a CAL? before. Is this to be finished by a certain time. If someone can give me the details, I would like to do this! Also what are all the things at the bottom of everyone's posts like stash,wip,wish list,etc. I know I'm so new I seem dumb,:blush, but this whole site looks really fun if I can figure it all out! lol Thanks, Michelle

Welcome to the group, you will become addicted to these saltines.

Morning everyone.

Wendy your colors sound great.

Got all the squares done for the scrappy doo. Now I just have to sew them together. Will do that between working on the angel.

Mary that's 41 solids for me :D

thanks Donna, cant wait to see your scrappydoo

:hi Mary.

Are you ready for all the saltine counts that are going to start coming in with the Angel ghans being started today? :D

She will need all our fingers and toes. :lol

th_Hbagflatview.jpg

Oh that is just gorgeous. :clap

Hello Ladies!

Great start, love the colours :clap

Selanda, great start.

:woo wow thats fantastic

ATW is a great one to start with and your colours sound great.

No clue :no I get at least 48 with a G hook. Sometimes are many as 60 :yes

You know, I never thought to see how many yards a saltine takes. That's something I should probably do :lol

I've made and sewn together 28 squares so far on the Angel! :yay I told y'all I was anxious to start this :lol

28 already, you speedy gonzalez you.:lol

28 already, you speedy gonzalez you.:lol

38 now :hook I'm debating about starting the next group or going to bed. I think I'm keeping BD awake...that or the fact that he didn't even wake up until 5:15 this evening :lol

That is beautiful! :manyheart What is an "H bag"? Does it stand for something?

Good luck!!

It stands for Haekelbeutel, which might actually be German for bag. I'm not sure :lol

I got a couple rows done on my scrap baby nine block on Saturday and also found myself another skein of soft white to make the last 20 saltines I need (plus to do the border with) - now to find time to keep sewing the thing together... On that note - it's time to get ready to hit the gym and head to work...

Archived