Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

I passed on the messages. :D Her DH says she beats me with her stash organisation, she has a whole room to put it in. :lol I laughed and said yes, a Harry Potter room. :lol

Ah a room of requirement.... I just got done reading all 7 books in 2 weeks. that is really where I have been. ;) So um if we had one of these could I hide yarn there & no one would tell? :lol

eww. but it reminds me of the time that Emma was sick one night and i heard her so I ran up to the other end of the house to see how she was and she must not have made it to the bathroom and did it all over the floor and of course me running to see her I slipped over her throwup and so not only did I have to clean up the floor and tend to her but I had to clean myself up too. :lol

Oh my that is too funny. :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah a room of requirement.... I just got done reading all 7 books in 2 weeks. that is really where I have been. ;) So um if we had one of these could I hide yarn there & no one would tell? :lol

Oh that would be convenient wouldn't it? :lol

Okay, starting the saltines before tomorrow has come back to bite me. BD has the lights on the other side of the room off so he can see his game better. The low light is giving me a headache. Think it's time for me to go read too :yes

Hi! I just stumbled on yellow happy house this week and was blown away by the quilt afghans! I want to do every one but I especially like Around the World. I want to do this too, but am new to this site and still don't understand how all this works?:think I haven't figured out how to add friends, or really find my way around but I guess I'll learn all that, but I've never done a CAL? before. Is this to be finished by a certain time. If someone can give me the details, I would like to do this! Also what are all the things at the bottom of everyone's posts like stash,wip,wish list,etc. I know I'm so new I seem dumb,:blush, but this whole site looks really fun if I can figure it all out! lol Thanks, Michelle

AC Moore is having a sale on RHSS starting tomorrow:devil

I did not need to hear this bit of information :blush

Part of my organization mission this year is going to be getting every RHSS color and making a swatches of each color so I can play around with them. Think I'll put them in these CD holder books like BD uses. That way I could slip in the swatch then label the front :yes

Ohhh neato idea!! :yes

Hi! I just stumbled on yellow happy house this week and was blown away by the quilt afghans! I want to do every one but I especially like Around the World. I want to do this too, but am new to this site and still don't understand how all this works?:think I haven't figured out how to add friends, or really find my way around but I guess I'll learn all that, but I've never done a CAL? before. Is this to be finished by a certain time. If someone can give me the details, I would like to do this! Also what are all the things at the bottom of everyone's posts like stash,wip,wish list,etc. I know I'm so new I seem dumb,:blush, but this whole site looks really fun if I can figure it all out! lol Thanks, Michelle

Welcome Michelle! This is an on-going never-ending CAL :D There are no firm deadlines on anything here :lol People jump in and work on a project and once they have finished it up they continue to hang around in here and make more quilt-ghans. There is a pattern floating around that several ladies are starting on today. I resisted the urge to make that one (so far) Some of the things in the bottom of people's posts are mostly lists of other CALS they are in or lists of WIP (works in progress). The wish lists are lists posted of things you wish for - they are however not open for viewing or joining until someone has been a member for over a certain number of days and have over a certain number of posts (I forget the exact details but somewho think they are open to new-comers after 30 days) Feel free to ask all sorts of questions - we are a friendly chatty bunch :yes

:hi Michelle. There is no deadline in this Cal. :hook Some of us have made more than one and still making more. :yes The saltines are very addictive. :D

Karen - it's not you.. my time is all messed up, too. It says Wendy's post was at 12:08 PM... :lol Time flies, but that's just crazy!

Good that's it's not just me. I lose track of time but 7 hours is a bit much for me even :lol

Welcome, Michelle! It's hard to pick a pattern, isn't it? :yes Please ask questions any time and someone will jump in with an answer. As far as adding things under your signature - go to User CP at the top of the page and click on signature...you can add things there! Some things on the site are delayed until you have a certain amount of time/and or posts. That info can be found under FAQ at the top of each page.

Good Morning, all. Yesterday got so busy with the yard work and company for dinner that I finally caught up on posts just now!

Here's what I've added to the scores:

Val ~ 9 solids

Heather ~ 25 solids/20 bi-colors

Donna ~ 41 solids

I can't wait to start on the Angel ghan later today. :angel

Morning everyone! Michelle welcome! If you're interested in the Angel ghan (the newest one a bunch are doing) Cara (username Misa) just reposted it yesterday. So scroll back through the last 5 pages or so and look for the link by Cara. It's beautiful.

I finished my first bead square and it turned out beautiful! It took me awhile since I was figuring out where and how to add beads and I can't remember how many times I frogged the last 2-3 rows. I couldn't decide how I wanted to do them :lol

Priszm, that bag is lovely. :yes

Thanks! It ended up being a small bag with 12 squares instead of 16 because I ran out of Antique Rose. I didn't want to buy another skein for just 2 squares, so it's small :lol

eww. but it reminds me of the time that Emma was sick one night and i heard her so I ran up to the other end of the house to see how she was and she must not have made it to the bathroom and did it all over the floor and of course me running to see her I slipped over her throwup and so not only did I have to clean up the floor and tend to her but I had to clean myself up too. :lol

Oh, YUCK!!! :yuck

Welcome to the CAL and to Crochetville, Michelle! :welcome We're glad to have you join us. Cara's patterns are so lovely and soooo addictive. I've completed 5 so far and have another in the final stages. And two more just waiting to be started. Ask all the questions you want. We'll all try to help out.

I forgot to show you lovely people. I entered DBF's dragon and an H bag into the Vanna's Choice contest. Here's the bag:

th_Hbagflatview.jpg

Priszm, it's lovely.

I'm awake, but that's about it so far. I'm still working on squares for preemie afghans (11 1/2 done so far.) I'm going to fix some Chex Party Mix for the Super Bowl. Anybody else watching it?

Hi, Linda!

We'll be watching the Super Bowl. SDR went to pick up his step dad (he'll stay overnight) and our DS will be coming over, too. Normal Sunday dinner before the game, and we're hoping it's not a blow out...that can be boring. At least the commercials should be good.:D

Hi, Linda!

We'll be watching the Super Bowl. SDR went to pick up his step dad (he'll stay overnight) and our DS will be coming over, too. Normal Sunday dinner before the game, and we're hoping it's not a blow out...that can be boring. At least the commercials should be good.:D

I'm hoping for a well fought, close game, too. And, I'm hoping for some good commercials.

Archived