Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

I need to get yarn for the angel ghan also.

Cara~Have you been able to figure out approximate amounts for the angel ghan? I would figure it out but i'm not that smart. :blush

Yeah, I posted yarn amounts last week I think :think Lemme try to find the post :D

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here it is Tab. K told me how to link a post once but I've forgotten how :blush So I will just do it the quick and easy way :lol

Okay here's the math on the angel........

Burgundy - 24 oz

Aran - 29 oz

White - 10 oz

Buff - 2 oz

Brown - 2 oz

Blue - 6 oz

Gold - 1 oz

Black - 1 oz

And I hope I didn't miss anything :lol

Cara, I like most peppermint sweets. :drool And wotsits don't last long in this house. :no There are 3 of us that like them and 2 of those 3 eat 2 or 3 bags at a time. :lol

I'm gonna have to find a domestic source for those Wotsits. They're better than the cheese puffs we have around here AND they're only 95 calories for that bag. Perfect for my Weight Watcher's program :yes That and the Curly Wurlys. My sister's gotten hooked on them too :lol I need to order some for her b-day in April :yes

I'm back and thankfully they didn't do $500 worth of stuff! It was only $190 something. I know they wanted me prepared since none of my deductible has yet been meet. Doc wants me to go to PT and get some exercises to strengthen the muscles around my knees. I'm also slightly bow legged, which apparently happens frequently with women, and that might also be affecting my knees.

Well at least you do not have to sell your arm or leg. :lol

Okay here's the math on the angel........

Burgundy - 24 oz

Aran - 29 oz

White - 10 oz

Buff - 2 oz

Brown - 2 oz

Blue - 6 oz

Gold - 1 oz

Black - 1 oz

And I hope I didn't miss anything :lol

That be a lot of yarn woman! I am glad I cannot afford that right now. :lol

I think I pry have most of the yarn in my stash for the angel ghan the only one i know i dont have would be gold.

Hi Dusti I am Andrea sorry to hear about the miscarriage and the ghan is gorgeous way to go.

Mary, where do you live? I live in Ohio and they are calling for lots of snow starting tomorrow night into Weds. they are saying 4-6 inches.

Julie hope everything went well with the surgery.

Me im still working on saltines i have almost all 50 of the lt purple done for the ATW.

"Gulp!" :eek is absolutely right, Val. I am glad the orthopedic's 'warning' was just to give you a head's-up, but I am really glad to read that your bill is not, actually, your whole deductible in one-fell-swoop. Here's hoping the physical therapy and follow-up appts go well and give you some relief from the pain!

You could join us all in making Caras new pattern the Angel ghan, we are all starting first of feb. :D

I'm tempted... I am going to go back and look at her pattern this afternoon to see the finished size of the angel. My girls attend a parochial school, and I can just plan ahead and make the angel to donate next spring :D

Oh Dusti, I'm so very sorry about the miscarriage :hug Been there twice and that's rough. But we're just so tickled to have you back :manyheart

Your DIC is fabulous! :drool

Thank you :manyheart This is our 2nd, as well, and I can't say it gets any easier. The pregnancy started off roughly, and when the u/s at 19 wks showed the baby was measuring a lot smaller than "normal," we were quite concerned. My blood pressure sky-rocketed a few days later, and that was just...the best for everyone (we have to think that, anyway). The girls did not know, yet, and now I am back operating at full-speed.

Howdy Ladies. :manyheart I finished one block on the flag ghan & made 8 saltines for the last block. The end is near, yippee! I figure even with work the rest of the week I should still be able to finish it. :cheer

Wow, you are getting close to the end, now. Anxiously awaiting pictures :yes

Mary ~ stay warm and bundled up if your rain turns into ice. Did you get out to shop for the fur babies? Bad weather is a great excuse to relax and crochet :hook

I think I pry have most of the yarn in my stash for the angel ghan the only one i know i dont have would be gold.

Hi Dusti I am Andrea sorry to hear about the miscarriage and the ghan is gorgeous way to go.

Mary, where do you live? I live in Ohio and they are calling for lots of snow starting tomorrow night into Weds. they are saying 4-6 inches.

Julie hope everything went well with the surgery.

Me im still working on saltines i have almost all 50 of the lt purple done for the ATW.

Hi, Andrea! It's nice to meet you, too :) Have you had lots of snow this winter, too? I went to college in central IN, though I taught in Eaton, OH for 4 years. Those years, we did not get much snow, but since I left the area, my friends there tell me the winters are more Minnesota-like than ever. Drive carefully if you have to go out-and-about. Good luck on the ATW :cheer What size are you making?

Here it is Tab. K told me how to link a post once but I've forgotten how :blush So I will just do it the quick and easy way :lol

Thank you so much for that. I'm sorry I missed it. I miss alot around here. First the angel, now the amounts among a ton of other stuff. Geesh, didn't people realize this was my full time job. Why oh why did I have to get another one?? :( Sorry just feeling sorry for myself today. I guess i'm just fed up. :sigh

Dusti~This is what my flag ghan looked like a ways back. I now have 5 blocks done & together, 1 more stripes one left to go. :cheer

th_000_0334.jpg

Beautiful, crisp look, Tabby....:cheer:cheer

That's beautiful Tabitha! Man this thread moves fast. I can't keep up with it. :lol

My yarn from Crafts etc. came so now I have all the colors I need for my Chains & Diamonds 'ghan. I have made enough squares that I can start joining the first row together. :clap

After I get a few rows finished I'll be sure and post a pic.

That be a lot of yarn woman! I am glad I cannot afford that right now. :lol

Not that bad. Using 7 oz skeins it only works out to 4 skeins of burgundy, 5 skeins of Aran and 2 skeins of white that really need more than just basically scraps. :hook

Thank you so much for that. I'm sorry I missed it. I miss alot around here. First the angel, now the amounts among a ton of other stuff. Geesh, didn't people realize this was my full time job. Why oh why did I have to get another one?? :( Sorry just feeling sorry for myself today. I guess i'm just fed up. :sigh

Awww Tabby needs a huggy wuggy :hug:hug :hug Hang in there, sweetheart :hug

Dusti~This is what my flag ghan looked like a ways back. I now have 5 blocks done & together, 1 more stripes one left to go. :cheer

th_000_0334.jpg

That still just totally impresses me! I love this pattern :clap

Tia - you want a fast thread? Come over to SKY! :rofl

I was just gonna say that :rofl

I'm back and thankfully they didn't do $500 worth of stuff! It was only $190 something. I know they wanted me prepared since none of my deductible has yet been meet. Doc wants me to go to PT and get some exercises to strengthen the muscles around my knees. I'm also slightly bow legged, which apparently happens frequently with women, and that might also be affecting my knees.

Thankfully, it wasn't as much as predicted! I hope the exercises help. :manyheart

Afternoon everyone. I've got 21 solids to report.

So far I'm working on the scrappy doo only.

I figure for the angel ghan I'll work on the colors I have and then grab the others when I can afford the whole color. I'd hate to have trouble with the color lots. And we all know how RHSS no dye lots can be different.

Hi Donna! 21 more added to the list. :hook

Mary, where do you live? I live in Ohio and they are calling for lots of snow starting tomorrow night into Weds. they are saying 4-6 inches. Me im still working on saltines i have almost all 50 of the lt purple done for the ATW.

Andrea, I live in a suburb of Fort Worth. Now they're saying the ice should be here around midnight. :eek Way to go on so many squares. :cheer

th_000_0334.jpg

Oh, it's so pretty, Tabby. Thanks for sharing the picture. :yes

That's beautiful Tabitha! Man this thread moves fast. I can't keep up with it. :lol

My yarn from Crafts etc. came so now I have all the colors I need for my Chains & Diamonds 'ghan. I have made enough squares that I can start joining the first row together. :clap

Congratulations on getting your yarn! And, as you know, we love pictures. :D

Hi to everyone else, too! :) I'm reporting 33 solids and 6 bi-colors...enough to finish through the 7th row of Pete, the Penguin. I'm experimenting with names for him. :lol

Hi to everyone else, too! :) I'm reporting 33 solids and 6 bi-colors...enough to finish through the 7th row of Pete, the Penguin. I'm experimenting with names for him. :lol

Pete the Penguin, huh? I like it :D

th_000_0334.jpg

Oh thats beautiful Tabby.

Cant wait to see your progress.

Tia - you want a fast thread? Come over to SKY! :rofl

:rofl

Aren't those the best? I love them because they're soft and melty :drool I left my second packet of Wotsits to share with BD but he hasn't touched them. They may end up my afternoon snack :rofl

Oh we loved those wotsits, they are like our cheese balls and very moreish, one packet is not enough.

I've just been playing around with names while making squares. :lol How about Pedro? Or maybe Patrick? :D

Well, I called him Pepe the whole time I was designing him. Don't know what in the world possessed me to call him Pepe but Pepe he was :lol

Oh we loved those wotsits, they are like our cheese balls and very moreish, one packet is not enough.

I know! I now have a new addiction :rofl Wish I'd get some that didn't require overseas postage :rofl

Not that bad. Using 7 oz skeins it only works out to 4 skeins of burgundy, 5 skeins of Aran and 2 skeins of white that really need more than just basically scraps. :hook

If I did not have to save all my extra money to go to San Diego next month I'd go bust my stash score even more & go buy the yarn & try them blasted bicolor granny squares. But instead I'll be a good girl & not buy any yarn. :D

I checked out that Sky thread. :eek Wow! Seems like someone posts every couple minutes. If I joined I'd post a pic of me crocheting while on my elliptical machine!

Yes, you heard that right. :lol

Howdy everyone - popping in to say that I hope to join the saltine clan here in a few weeks after I finish some RRs. I decided to make the Garden Cat afghan from freepatterns.com for a friend that has helped our family with some major sewing projects for my stepdaughter - it's her turn to get one of my afghans and this will be perfect. Can't wait to get started.

See you soon!

Dusti the winter has been more cold than anything couple of days with bad ice the snow just really started within the last month not to bad but when we get it we get it good.

Tabby that flag ghan is beautiful.

Howdy everyone - popping in to say that I hope to join the saltine clan here in a few weeks after I finish some RRs. I decided to make the Garden Cat afghan from freepatterns.com for a friend that has helped our family with some major sewing projects for my stepdaughter - it's her turn to get one of my afghans and this will be perfect. Can't wait to get started.

See you soon!

Hi Norma!! :hi You are welcome here any ol' time you want, sweetie :manyheart

I checked out that Sky thread. :eek Wow! Seems like someone posts every couple minutes. If I joined I'd post a pic of me crocheting while on my elliptical machine!

Yes, you heard that right. :lol

I have got to see a photo, how can you do that.:eek

See you soon!

Norma its great to see ya, I quite like the pattern your going to do, welcome to this group. :hug

Dusti the winter has been more cold than anything couple of days with bad ice the snow just really started within the last month not to bad but when we get it we get it good.

Tabby that flag ghan is beautiful.

You can have our hot weather if you like, its going to be over 37C for the rest of the week here. I hate the heat. Can we swap.

Archived