Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, all. I've been busy with needle and hook today. I'm on round three of 11 of the border for the Stacked Cubes ghan. The gray that I origanally planned just doesn't have enough pizzazz to make the ghan come alive, so I'm adding 2 rows of each of the dark colors after the 5 rows of gray. Hopefully that will make the colors in the cubes pop the way I want them to. :hook

Mary I've got 22 more solids to report.

I've got the first row sewn together. Need to get the 2nd one sewn together and joined to the first then get back on my pinwheel quilt. I'm getting close to finishing it if I just stick to it :lol

Howdy everyone :hi

I've decided I'd like to do the Chains & Diamonds lapghan.

It's my exercise 'ghan that I picked in the 2009 Weight Loss Afghan cal. I will do a square for every 15 minutes of workout.

I picked RHSS Soft Navy the for dark blue, haven't picked the lighter blue or off white yet. I wanted it to be bigger than a lapghan, so I'm using an H hook so the squares are 3" instead of 2 1/2".

Welcome to the group, cant wait to see how your ghan looks. :cheer

Feeling half way decent today and of late that's a rarity :lol I'm about halfway done with the baby blanket. I thought at this point it would be 2/3 done but noooo....not coming out tall enough for that :lol That's okay I'm having fun with it and it's going quickly :hook

Your making great progress Cara. :cheer

Hi, all. I've been busy with needle and hook today. I'm on round three of 11 of the border for the Stacked Cubes ghan. The gray that I origanally planned just doesn't have enough pizzazz to make the ghan come alive, so I'm adding 2 rows of each of the dark colors after the 5 rows of gray. Hopefully that will make the colors in the cubes pop the way I want them to. :hook

Its a great design, and Im sure the colors are going to look fantastic.

I've got the first row sewn together. Need to get the 2nd one sewn together and joined to the first then get back on my pinwheel quilt. I'm getting close to finishing it if I just stick to it :lol

Way to go Heather. :cheer

It sounds perfect! Can't wait for pictures. :cheer

Mary - 50 more solids to report :D

Time to get some sleep!

They're added, Karen. :hook

Hi Heather! Super progress. :yay

Mary I have 30 more solids to report. I have to start sewing these together now. I think I have enough different colors to get it worked on now.

Way to go, Donna!

And I'm reporting 17 solid squares. :D

Good morning ladies :flower

Today will be my day out. Gotta run those errands :lol The baby blanket is 3/4 done. But I'm having a feeling that it's gonna end up way too big. Well, too late to turn back now :hook

Yep, I got that email and I'm doing my level best to ignore it

Good! Then you won't buy all the ILTY that I want before I can order it! :rofl:rofl

Hi Gang -

Just a quick note to let you know we have a new girl that is interested in joining and already has the pattern picked that she'd like to make -- please welcome Penelope .... her real name is Jenna, so she can let you know which name she'd like to go by in here, and tell you about her pattern choice, colors, etc .

I know you guys will all make her feel welcome, as you always do . :)

Hi Julie! As you know, we love new members...thanks for the information. :manyheart

And in case you see this post, Jenna - Welcome to the CAL! :welcome Whenever you jump in, we'd love to here about your pattern and colors!

Welcome Jenna! :hug

In case you did not know.....all needlework crafts, including yarn, is 25% off at Crafts, etc until Jan 20. Here's the link if you need it: http://www.craftsetc.com/

Thanks mizmo! I didn't know about that website and I've never seen ILTY before (no Hobby Lobby around here). Though I've heard lots of people here love it. I ordered some, can't wait to see how I like it.

I got the medium blue and antique white to go along with my RHSS soft navy for my Chains & Diamonds 'ghan.

Teresa ~ That yarn is wonderful! It's so soft and really nice to work with.:yarn

Hi Tracy ~ I started a scarf in that v-stitch pattern that we both made. It's in Vanna's Linen color and is for a friend. And maybe it's a good thing that Craftsetc. doesn't ship to the UK.? :lol

DH will be home in about an hour and then leaves again tomorrow for 5 days. :( He travels a lot, but doesn't have too many back-to-back trips like this. So, my afternoon will be laundry and putting on a big pot of vegie-beef soup. :)

Welcome Jenna! :hug

Thanks mizmo! I didn't know about that website and I've never seen ILTY before (no Hobby Lobby around here). Though I've heard lots of people here love it. I ordered some, can't wait to see how I like it.

I got the medium blue and antique white to go along with my RHSS soft navy for my Chains & Diamonds 'ghan.

Glad to enable you! And both of those colors are great!

Archived