Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

I did what I said I was going to do & here is my progress so far...

3138983238_aecc7fb7c8_m.jpg

It us the Windwalker Lapghan in pink, black, white. It will prolly go to Sissie for her VJGC charity she is doing this year. I am only 1/12 of the way done but this is a good start. My lupus awareness ghan will have to wait until I find the right purple.

So I can join the saltine smackdown (I remember watching wrestling when that term started being used widely) with a total of 13 solids & 5 bi-colors. :cheer

Oooh I love pink and black together. Used to have a pink and black bathroom that everyone hated but I adored :manyheart

Thanks everybody!! I am going to start on this tonight!!!! So, we call each one of the little squares "saltines"?

Yep, the name "saltines" came up once and kinda stuck :lol And I absolutely love the line in your siggie! :rofl

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ladies... I may not be around for a few days...

The Geo just needs one more row of border(im only doing two rounds) and the ends weaved in, but there's really not time for that and its too big to tote along with us tomorrow. I doubt they want a very pregnant woman playing with scissors anyhow ;)

Tomorrow is the big day...well lets hope that it doesn't drag into Sunday but psh...knowing our luck :lol

So I will try to catch up with you all as soon as I can. Just pray that the meds work and they don't send me home...without a baby that is! :hug

well ladies... I may not be around for a few days...

The geo just needs one more row of border(im only doing two rounds) and the ends weaved in, but there's really not time for that and its too big to tote along with us tomorrow. I doubt they want a very pregnant woman playing with scissors anyhow ;)

tomorrow is the big day...well lets hope that it doesn't drag into sunday but psh...knowing our luck :lol

so i will try to catch up with you all as soon as i can. Just pray that the meds work and they don't send me home...without a baby that is! :hug

good luck!!!!

Erin, lots of good thoughts, prayers and positive vibes are coming your way. Give Alexander a kiss from all of us when you finally get to cuddle him:hug:manyheart

Erin ~ Hugs from me, too! We'll all be anxiously waiting to hear his height, weight and all about him. :manyheart

Just one more "joining row" - to join 4 rows of 5 blocks each to 1 row of 5 blocks. Hopefully that will get done tomorrow...and then I'll be asking for advice on the border. :hook

I posted earlier and it never showed up....must have hit the wrong button! So I'll try again!

I know I've been MIA for too long. Now that the gifts are given and packages opened, I can share with you the grannyghans I gave for Christmas.

The first is my sister opening hers.

2434003510057487835OpSFOY_th.jpg

This one shows the ghan a little better.

2853986650057487835WRkRgr_th.jpg

And this is my niece with her Irish Chain ghan.

2246715600057487835rCNXZy_th.jpg

I also gave 2 RRs, 2 ponchos, 2 shawls, and a bunch of dishcloths. Should I go ahead and share them here, too, even though they are not made with saltines?

(If this does show up as a duplicate....sorry!)

Everything looks fantastic. :clap

Hi, Can I still join in on this CAL? I was wanting to make the Penguin cuddle 'ghan..

Welcome to the group. You will love making these saltines they are very addictive.

Thank you.

Here goes some more then.:D

2305419420057487835mdklgK_th.jpg

2007703680057487835YOlkbD_th.jpg

2267039600057487835lniIon_th.jpg

2164441560057487835CSCrcM_th.jpg

2187345420057487835JFQJRO_th.jpg

2265528920057487835yRKDLK_th.jpg

2458622260057487835rkKter_th.jpg

2716739380057487835MxgHaB_th.jpg

2474120350057487835gllGuL_th.jpg

2844846600057487835qBZvCj_th.jpg

2094840550057487835SWsMht_th.jpg

Beautiful work, love the round tablecloth. :clap

Hi Ladies! I have read each and every post and am so impressed with all of the beautiful work. :applause It sounds like Santa was good to lots of us. ;)

Michele, welcome! We love new members and pictures, too!

Linda M. ~ Hi again! Your work is gorgeous. :yay Do you have a total number to add to the saltine smackdown? You're pretty high on the list if I remember correctly. :yes

And Wendy is back making little squares! 38 more added. :hook

Hi Linda T. :D 6 solids and I bi-color are added. Have fun at Michael's.

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone for the last couple of days...just too much going on with my family and MIL right now. We did have a wonderful time with DD and her DH last night - we always do. :manyheart

Mary howdy :hi Im glad you had a great time with your daughter and her hubby.

I did what I said I was going to do & here is my progress so far...

3138983238_aecc7fb7c8_m.jpg

It us the Windwalker Lapghan in pink, black, white. It will prolly go to Sissie for her VJGC charity she is doing this year. I am only 1/12 of the way done but this is a good start. My lupus awareness ghan will have to wait until I find the right purple.

So I can join the saltine smackdown (I remember watching wrestling when that term started being used widely) with a total of 13 solids & 5 bi-colors. :cheer

Oh that is gorgeous, love the pink colour. Great progress so far. :clap

The Geo just needs one more row of border(im only doing two rounds) and the ends weaved in, but there's really not time for that and its too big to tote along with us tomorrow. I doubt they want a very pregnant woman playing with scissors anyhow ;)

Tomorrow is the big day...well lets hope that it doesn't drag into Sunday but psh...knowing our luck :lol

So I will try to catch up with you all as soon as I can. Just pray that the meds work and they don't send me home...without a baby that is! :hug

Erin goodluck, hope you wont have to wait too much longer. :hug

Erin ~ Hugs from me, too! We'll all be anxiously waiting to hear his height, weight and all about him. :manyheart

Just one more "joining row" - to join 4 rows of 5 blocks each to 1 row of 5 blocks. Hopefully that will get done tomorrow...and then I'll be asking for advice on the border. :hook

Mary your nearly there. :cheer

Oooh I love pink and black together. Used to have a pink and black bathroom that everyone hated but I adored :manyheart

I hate pink but it seems to go so well with black. Pink is evil & gets me to use it.

Good luck! They usually do not send a person home once inducing. SO hopefully next time you post you will be showing baby pictures!

Oh that is gorgeous, love the pink colour. Great progress so far. :clap

If I keep going like that this will only take 14 days. But I got things to do next weekend.

Today my DD14 decided that she wanted to make saltines and picked out a pattern on Caras website. She is going to make the Amish Star. So far she has made 11 saltines. Not sure how long it will last but she is determined to do it at the moment.

Anyway tonight my other DD11 decided she wanted to try it again. She has had a lot of trouble with crocheting as she has problems trying to hold the yarn and the work. Anyway we finally made progress tonight and she has nearly finished the first round of the first square. Mind you it has taken a few hours to get this far but she is finally getting the hang of it. Tomorrow I will show her how to do the HDC to join the round and turn the work and start the next row.

Today my DD14 decided that she wanted to make saltines and picked out a pattern on Caras website. She is going to make the Amish Star. So far she has made 11 saltines. Not sure how long it will last but she is determined to do it at the moment.

Anyway tonight my other DD11 decided she wanted to try it again. She has had a lot of trouble with crocheting as she has problems trying to hold the yarn and the work. Anyway we finally made progress tonight and she has nearly finished the first round of the first square. Mind you it has taken a few hours to get this far but she is finally getting the hang of it. Tomorrow I will show her how to do the HDC to join the round and turn the work and start the next row.

WTG, Wendy's girls!:clap:clap

Mary, reporting 13 solids tonight!

Done! Are these for your Irish Chain? My memory is definitely slipping. :lol

Erin - Hoping that all goes nice and easy for you tomorrow!

Mary - 40 more solids to report :D

40 more added. :hook

Check out Annie's Attic FPOD for today!

http://www.anniesattic.com/free_pattern_day/index.html

Thank you, Linda! That is such a cute pattern and would even be cute in a smaller size. :yes

Wendy, with you for a mom I'll bet at least one of the girls will become a yarn addict. :D

Good Morning, Tabby. :manyheart

Hi Donna! I always forget to check the POD unless someone reminds us. :blush

I signed up for their Wednesday deals and get an email every day. This jogs my brain to check for the FPOD, otherwise I would never remember! :D

Done! Are these for your Irish Chain? My memory is definitely slipping. :lol

Yep. I'm still working on a scrappy Irish Chain too, so I did some for both last night. There was no way I could do the baby blanket. I needed to count a chain 14 and 27 hdc's, I can't count that high while trying to talk to people at the same time :lol

Well, good luck with birthing your baby once he decided to poke his head out! :lol

Archived