Our House [Archive 5]

Super Granny

:faintAll these squares in a week.

No, no. As Mary said these are the running totals for 13 months. You may participate with this if you want. It's totally voluntary. The description of what we're doing is explained in Mary's siggy. Welcome to the saltine group! :welcome

The girls and I leave for Hawaii next Tuesday. Have I started packing the suitcase, yet? Nope :blush Tomorrow...maybe :lol

Have a wonderful time in Hawaii next week, Dusti.

The quilt top is about 1/3 done. I am liking my colors much better than the ones in the pattern I'm following. It's going to look super in John & Kim's bedroom.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pauline the Saltine Smackdown started as a little friendly compitition between Wendy and I then everyone else wanted in on the fun.... and it exploded from there...

Hi all.... Went to endocrinologist today... she started me on some meds for the diabetes as my blood sugars were running a little too high for her liking...

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I feel very :manyheart, despite being scarce these last couple of weeks. My daughters and I will be in Hawaii for almost 5 weeks. I am SO lucky DH indulges my desire to escape the cold and snow every winter and he encourages me to go and stay for as long as I can every year (this is going to be my 11th winter of escape :D). I have had a studio apartment in Hawaii since we got married, and I just love getting out of the snow, peeling off the layers of long underwear and thawing out my bones in the sunshine. As the girls get older, I know I am not going to be able to take such long holidays, but they are doing so well in school, yet, that the principal and classroom teachers still allow me to take them for the entire month (I think it helps that I was a teacher and I promise to track-down enriching activities on a daily basis :yes). Unfortunately, Mary, I do not have a computer in Hawaii, nor do we have a laptop I can take and log-on while I have coffee at the cafe down the street (How great would it be to be able to chat with all of you from the beach?!?). So, I will just have to be super-chatty when I get back home and hope you'll let me back into the thick of things upon my return. I plan to take a few crocheting patterns and a variety of yarn, so that I can :crocheting as time allows. The little ones want to go snorkeling this year, we have plans to climb the Diamond Head crater, we always take a day to explore the aquarium and another to check-out the zoo, I want to enroll them in art classes at a nearby institute, and we have to try hula dancing lessons, so I am not exactly sure when I will have time to catch my breath after chasing my two DDs all over the island. I'll do my best, though. I promise!

Ok I'm joining in on the CAL. I'm going to do the Around the world. Not sure of my colours yet. But it might be scrap or organized.

Off to read some instructions on saltines. This is going to be fun ( slow) but fun.

:welcome So glad we could convince you to join us! Any questions on the making of saltines? Just holler. Many friendly folks here will have you on the right track in no time. Work at your own pace and be sure to post progress pictures, we love to see pics at any stage of a project :)

Pauline the Saltine Smackdown started as a little friendly compitition between Wendy and I then everyone else wanted in on the fun.... and it exploded from there...

Hi all.... Went to endocrinologist today... she started me on some meds for the diabetes as my blood sugars were running a little too high for her liking...

Hope you and the doctor are able to get your sugars balanced, and that you are feeling well, soon. So, you and Wendy are to blame (?) for the start of the Saltine Smackdown, no? Guess I never heard what actually started the march towards 2000 saltines. It was a great idea :hook

I hope the new meds work out for you Cindy. I remember the competion between yourself and Wendy at the beginning of last year didn't realise it had turned into an ongoing one.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies.

I will be counting my saltines just cause it's a mathamatical thing for me todo. But I doubt I will come near any of the numbers you ladies turn out in a week or month.

I have 5 saltines to report! Instead of making them, I put blocks together tonight. I now have all the colored blocks together. Yay!

Hey, all those cleaning, want to come clean my apartment this weekend? I've got family in town and we're getting together for dinner Monday. Dad informed me that we'll be meeting up at my place before dinner. How'd I get so lucky? Other than the pizza place (Giordano's, YUMM!) is like a mile away :lol

I hope the new meds work out for you Cindy. I remember the competion between yourself and Wendy at the beginning of last year didn't realise it had turned into an ongoing one.

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies.

I will be counting my saltines just cause it's a mathamatical thing for me todo. But I doubt I will come near any of the numbers you ladies turn out in a week or month.

Pauline welcome to the saltine world. You will love it and its very addictive. Just go at your own pace there is no rush to finish anything.

I have 5 saltines to report! Instead of making them, I put blocks together tonight. I now have all the colored blocks together. Yay!

Hey, all those cleaning, want to come clean my apartment this weekend? I've got family in town and we're getting together for dinner Monday. Dad informed me that we'll be meeting up at my place before dinner. How'd I get so lucky? Other than the pizza place (Giordano's, YUMM!) is like a mile away :lol

thats great Val. Have fun with your family.

Thanks for all of the well wishes. I feel very :manyheart, despite being scarce these last couple of weeks. My daughters and I will be in Hawaii for almost 5 weeks. I am SO lucky DH indulges my desire to escape the cold and snow every winter and he encourages me to go and stay for as long as I can every year (this is going to be my 11th winter of escape :D). I have had a studio apartment in Hawaii since we got married, and I just love getting out of the snow, peeling off the layers of long underwear and thawing out my bones in the sunshine. As the girls get older, I know I am not going to be able to take such long holidays, but they are doing so well in school, yet, that the principal and classroom teachers still allow me to take them for the entire month (I think it helps that I was a teacher and I promise to track-down enriching activities on a daily basis :yes). Unfortunately, Mary, I do not have a computer in Hawaii, nor do we have a laptop I can take and log-on while I have coffee at the cafe down the street (How great would it be to be able to chat with all of you from the beach?!?). So, I will just have to be super-chatty when I get back home and hope you'll let me back into the thick of things upon my return. I plan to take a few crocheting patterns and a variety of yarn, so that I can :crocheting as time allows. The little ones want to go snorkeling this year, we have plans to climb the Diamond Head crater, we always take a day to explore the aquarium and another to check-out the zoo, I want to enroll them in art classes at a nearby institute, and we have to try hula dancing lessons, so I am not exactly sure when I will have time to catch my breath after chasing my two DDs all over the island. I'll do my best, though. I promise!

What a wonderful month you have planned. You must tell us all about it when you return. Is there a library nearby? If so maybe you can use one of their computers once in a while while you are there.

I'm up and catching up on sleep this weekend. I'm going to run some errands today and do some cooking this weekend, too. Specifically make blueberry waffles and banana bread. I need to look for more of the blue yarn for a scarf I'm making and some special material for a quilt I'm going to be making for myself in the future. (I do keep a few things for myself. :lol :lol :lol)

The quilt top is about 1/3 done. I am liking my colors much better than the ones in the pattern I'm following. It's going to look super in John & Kim's bedroom.

Can't wait for pictures!

Hi Val! WTG on joining the blocks. :cheer I'll come clean for you if you'll join some for me. :D 5 more added.

Shelly, I hope you're feeling okay. :hug

Dusti, your trip sounds wonderful! I'll bet the girls are so excited. :manyheart

Linda, I hope you have a great weekend. Good luck finding your yarn and fabric. :)

Wendy, I love your avatar! It's fun to see your Amish pattern again. :yes

Jessica ~ Yep, the Sky Cal is to blame. :lol We're here whenever you're ready to start the ATW. :hook

I'm trying to plow through some desk stuff today...not very enthusiastic about it, though. I usually have all this done in January and would much rather be crocheting. :D

I just finished posting the instructions for my "Airy January Snowflake" in the free original designs section. It was a fun one to make.

DCP_1558.jpg

That's great, Linda!:clap

I just finished posting the instructions for my "Airy January Snowflake" in the free original designs section. It was a fun one to make.

DCP_1558.jpg

Those are beautiful! Great job!

DCP_1558.jpg

They are beautiful. I know I should start making something for gifties but I do not want to even think about christmas until the day. :lol

Linda, I hope you have a great weekend. Good luck finding your yarn and fabric. :)

Wendy, I love your avatar! It's fun to see your Amish pattern again. :yes

Jessica ~ Yep, the Sky Cal is to blame. :lol We're here whenever you're ready to start the ATW. :hook

I'm trying to plow through some desk stuff today...not very enthusiastic about it, though. I usually have all this done in January and would much rather be crocheting. :D

well it is nice to know I am not the only one who thinks the Sky gals are to blame for all the WIPs cville has. :laughroll I will prolly start a scrappy doo thing as I got a bunch of balls of yarn I need to get rid of... along with a ATW.

What a wonderful month you have planned. You must tell us all about it when you return. Is there a library nearby? If so maybe you can use one of their computers once in a while while you are there.

I'm up and catching up on sleep this weekend. I'm going to run some errands today and do some cooking this weekend, too. Specifically make blueberry waffles and banana bread. I need to look for more of the blue yarn for a scarf I'm making and some special material for a quilt I'm going to be making for myself in the future. (I do keep a few things for myself. :lol :lol :lol)

Mmmm, blueberry waffles and banana bread :drool And fabric and yarn shopping! My two favorite kinds :D

DCP_1558.jpg

Stunning! You really are great at those snowflakes :clap

Ahh Saturday and getting to sleep until 2:30 with no guilt :devil Today is pretty much a do-nothing day. No major housework and I know BD isn't gonna do any projects :lol So it's a lazy daisy crochet day for me :hook

DCP_1558.jpg

Beautiful Snowflakes. :clap

well it is nice to know I am not the only one who thinks the Sky gals are to blame for all the WIPs cville has. :laughroll I will prolly start a scrappy doo thing as I got a bunch of balls of yarn I need to get rid of... along with a ATW.

Us at the Sky Ville, surely not :lol Its great to see you in here and you will enjoy making the ATW.

Ahh Saturday and getting to sleep until 2:30 with no guilt :devil Today is pretty much a do-nothing day. No major housework and I know BD isn't gonna do any projects :lol So it's a lazy daisy crochet day for me :hook

Enjoy your day and have fun crocheting. Its the best way to spend the day I reckon. :yes

Wendy the video of the koala was darling! even caught DH attention!

Linda the snowflakes look really nice! :yes

Trying to finish up a few things here (like 20!) so I can start a new quilt ghan to go with the ltka i'm working on...any suggestions of which one? Cara you need a pic of any? I'm not picky!

Hi Ladies. :) I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Linda, your snowflake is so pretty! Thanks for sharing with us. :manyheart

Cara, I hope you're enjoying some crochet time. :yes

Wendy!? An Enabler? Not our Wendy. :lol

Wendy, I hope none of the wildfires are near you...I just saw pictures on the news. :(

No crocheting for me today, but there's always tomorrow. :hook

Great snowflakes Linda! Very pretty!

Mary 20 bi-color and 30 solids to report. :yay

I'm still just chipping away at the pinwheel. The end is in sight :yay I'm about done with the next to last row then only need to assemble the 8 more blocks for the last row and figure out a border. :faint

Wendy the video of the koala was darling! even caught DH attention!

Linda the snowflakes look really nice! :yes

Trying to finish up a few things here (like 20!) so I can start a new quilt ghan to go with the ltka i'm working on...any suggestions of which one? Cara you need a pic of any? I'm not picky!

Im glad you liked the video. Pickles why dont you do the Angel ghan with us.

Hi Ladies. :) I hope you are all having a good weekend.

Wendy!? An Enabler? Not our Wendy. :lol

Wendy, I hope none of the wildfires are near you...I just saw pictures on the news. :(

No crocheting for me today, but there's always tomorrow. :hook

Im in Adelaide which is about 900kms away from Victoria where the fires are so Im safe. The fires are so devastating, so far 86 people have died and 640 homes destroyed. One town Marysville is completely destroyed and they cant get in there to see if anyone has survived. Then you have Queensland that are in the middle of severe flooding and cant cope with anymore water.:(

I'm still just chipping away at the pinwheel. The end is in sight :yay I'm about done with the next to last row then only need to assemble the 8 more blocks for the last row and figure out a border. :faint

You can do it Heather. :cheer

Go Heather! :cheer Go Heather! :cheer

Archived