Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the ad for Michael's and just had to go take a look at what was on sale. :no :no I shouldn't have done it. I came home with 20 skeins of TLC Essentials yarn that was on clearance for $2 a skein. 12 skeins (all they had) are a variegated in fall colors that I fell in love with. The other skeins are solids in the same colors with one in a soft white. Part of it will be used in a RR for an aunt and uncle that didn't get one last Christmas. Aunt Peggy quilts and will appreciate the time and effort in the RR.

And for all of you who envisioned the snowflake in black and white, here it is.

BlackWhiteSnowflake.jpg It is stunning. You were right about that.

And for all of you who envisioned the snowflake in black and white, here it is.

BlackWhiteSnowflake.jpg It is stunning. You were right about that.

YUMMY!:drool:tup

Linda, that is dramatic. Very pretty.

My sister likes the gingham and wants it for a double bed. :eek I told her I would make her an afghan for her birthday this year and that is what she chose. And she wants it in blues after I showed her Mary's version.

Tracy at least there are no bi colors to do.

Linda thanks, I love it in the black and white, just couldnt do all that black though, but the effect is amazing.

Krystal thanks.

Judy :hi

Mary howdy doody, hows the crocheting going.

Hey, Wendy!:hug

I'm on row 62 of the filet...how are you doing with it?

I also sat down with S-D-R and we put our heads together for the commerative "furbabies" afghan I want to make for the house. It'll include our first pet (a tabby cat), our first dog (a Sheltie), and the shepherds. I have graph designs for all three...now to start computing the math. No rush on this, so I can take my time and make sure I know what I'm doing!

I'm a step closer...:hook

Wendy - Yep, the other one will be the same color. Same pattern too. That way I can test the pattern myself :lol

:lol You are too cute, Cara! Do we get to see it, or do we have to wait for the "tested pattern?" :devil

Hi Ladies. :)

Cara and Judy~I am always saying to DH that I wish he'd get a job in Alaska or at least Washington state. Of course, he was born and raised in Fort Worth and has turned down jobs in other states. :lol

Tracy, I've added your squares. You are so steady with the squares, you'll pass me up before long. :yes

Linda~the Snowflake in black and white is gorgeous! However, I avoid black yarn like the plague. :D

Linda~the Snowflake in black and white is gorgeous! However, I avoid black yarn like the plague. :D

Thanks for all the compliments on the black and white snowflake. Mary, I don't avoid it like the plague, but I have no wish to do that amount of it either. :lol :lol :lol

i wanna make that - it's beautiful - anyway

id like to add the total for my cat blanket square thingie is 40 solids and 8 bi colors - I've done the first 4 rows and am going to connect the next 4 in a little while.

it's a nice little break from the cassa - but i'll be back on that soon enough. i just wanted to finish this before that cat ruined the dress i made.

pics soon to come - btw what is my total :hyper:

Mary, I work steadily on the cuddle to avoid Krystal's :tryme. :lol I am a big baby and avoid it at all costs. I have to control myself, though. When I start on the saltines, I don't want to stop and I have other things to work on as well. I am thinking that once we have moved, I am going to choose a day and spend ALL day doing saltines and see how far I get with the Casa and ATW. And if I have the yarn, maybe my sister's gingham. She loved your blue one (blue is her favourite colour), so hers is also going to be blue.

Hello all... I just read through all the posts from when I was gone... I did 45 solid saltines ... not for any purpose just in red and green varigated... while I was gone... Had too many other fun things to do....

Shelly doody howdy :hi hope you had a great time.

Tracy your going well with the Casa and ATW.

Cara have you finished the test pattern yet.

Sunny your making great progress on the cat ghan.

Im busy with the test filet. Im upto row 59 now.

Judy your graph ghan sounds great, can we see a pic of the graph soon.

Judy your graph ghan sounds great, can we see a pic of the graph soon.

As soon as I start it!:lol

I need to map it out first. This one will have a lot of stuff on it!

Good Morning, all. Wow! The saltine race is going great...Sunny, Shelly and Tracy - squares are added. :yes

Sunny ~ Your total as of this a.m. is 738! :cheer

I got one of those dreaded late night calls - my dad is in the hospital with what they think is pneumonia. My brother went down to stay with mom last night. So, I'll be going this a.m. and will do what I can. Guess I'd better get ready.

Good morning, everyone. Welcome back Shelly. Way to go Sunny. I've been reading a lot so far, while Kim and John are away.

I'm also looking up baby patterns for the friend who wants me to make a baby blanket for her son. I've found three or four really pretty ones so far. I still have to go through my grandmother's patterns. I know there are more in those pattern books. Hope everyone has a good day.

Shelly did you see Wendy and my comments about the three of us maybe working it so that we all cross the 2,000 point mark at the same time?

Mary, hope he is ok. :hug

Wendy, those squares lately are all for the bus cuddle. :D

Well, I did it. I started another saltine project. I started a gingham in greens and white this afternoon. Went to the school because they are looking for help for the summer fete and the principal asked if I would do a stall with baby things (Kyla told her I make baby things) because they are renting out stalls as well as having their own. So after school on the way to the dentist I stopped at a shop, bought yarn and another crochet hook and made saltines while we waited to go in. I only have 2 4mm crochet hooks, so I needed a spare. :lol

Mary, hope you dad comes through with flying colors.

Tracy, that sounds awesome. I find it's very helpful to have multiples of the hooks I use most often. I can then leave one with each project that I'm working on so that I always have the right one for that project no matter which project I grab to work on.

Archived