Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Tracy, that's great about setting up a stall to show off your gorgeous creations!! You may have the start of something pretty big going on.:yes

..and I like leaving hooks with whatever piece I;m working on...makes it so much easier!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tracy the fete sounds great and it will be nice for you to have all your baby things on show. Cant wait to see your gingham. I only have one 5mm hook that I like using so if I lose that I will be in trouble. I had better get myself another one.

Mary how is your Dad.

Linda have you started on one of those ghans yet.

Hope the weather hasnt been too hot for you all.

Good Morning, all. Wow! The saltine race is going great...Sunny, Shelly and Tracy - squares are added. :yes

Sunny ~ Your total as of this a.m. is 738! :cheer

I got one of those dreaded late night calls - my dad is in the hospital with what they think is pneumonia. My brother went down to stay with mom last night. So, I'll be going this a.m. and will do what I can. Guess I'd better get ready.

Prayers to your family :hug

Sorry ladies it's been a busy day.

Shelly - Welcome back :hug

Mary - Sending good vibes your family's way :manyheart

Got an hour's sleep last night. BDs been sleeping very restlessly and he keeps smacking me. It's hard to relax when you're waiting to dodge a smack :lol Then I had to take Tuon to the vet to get her sugar rechecked. But I messed up her insulin this morning because she got away from me and broke the needle. I was too scared to try again. So they didn't take blood and I have to take her back again tomorrow :irk And my aunt had her spleen removed today. I'm just exhausted :whew

I will get a photo of the red ghan tomorrow. The sun's already about down. I'm making a red and yellow checked pillow to go with it. Hope to have that done tonight and I hope it turns out nice :lol

Hi, Wendy. No. I am making myself work on the Painted Desert for now. I want to get it done or at least closer to done before starting on another one. And the snowflake may be my competition item for the Crochet Games of Ancient Greece, so I for sure can't start it yet.

Thank you all so much for the well wishes. :manyheart For almost 92, Dad is incredibly strong and recovering nicely. The Dr. said he can probably go home tomorrow. Thank goodness my brother can drive down from Dallas and stay with Mom at night...she's 91, too. Obviously, no crocheting for me today and I didn't get home til after 6. I need to read back through posts...

Mary, hope he is ok. :hug

Wendy, those squares lately are all for the bus cuddle. :D

Well, I did it. I started another saltine project. I started a gingham in greens and white this afternoon. Went to the school because they are looking for help for the summer fete and the principal asked if I would do a stall with baby things (Kyla told her I make baby things) because they are renting out stalls as well as having their own. So after school on the way to the dentist I stopped at a shop, bought yarn and another crochet hook and made saltines while we waited to go in. I only have 2 4mm crochet hooks, so I needed a spare. :lol

Good for you! I hope you sell lots of things. I learned to keep a hook with each WIP when it dawned on me that a cable scarf wasn't messed up because of the yarn - I was using the wrong size hook. :blush

Mary - Sending good vibes your family's way :manyheart

Got an hour's sleep last night. BDs been sleeping very restlessly and he keeps smacking me. It's hard to relax when you're waiting to dodge a smack :lol Then I had to take Tuon to the vet to get her sugar rechecked. But I messed up her insulin this morning because she got away from me and broke the needle. I was too scared to try again. So they didn't take blood and I have to take her back again tomorrow :irk And my aunt had her spleen removed today. I'm just exhausted :whew

I will get a photo of the red ghan tomorrow. The sun's already about down. I'm making a red and yellow checked pillow to go with it. Hope to have that done tonight and I hope it turns out nice :lol

Your day sounds worse than mine. :hugTake care of yourself and we're looking forward to seeing your red ghan. :yes

:hi Wendy. :blush I forgot to shout everyone awake for you, I am sorry. :blush

Your sacked....:lol

We actually got out the door pretty early this morning and I even cleaned the bathroom. Its amazing how some days you have plenty of time and other days your running behind.

Cara sorry to hear about your Aunt, and what a pain, having to go back to the vets tomorrow. I must applaud you giving Tuon the injections, not sure I could do it.:hug

Mary Im glad your Dad is ok.:hug

Linda the snowflake will be great for the games, not long till we can start.

:hi :hi :hi

just doing my exercises, sitting here lifting my arms....:lol:lol

Cara sorry to hear about your Aunt, and what a pain, having to go back to the vets tomorrow. I must applaud you giving Tuon the injections, not sure I could do it.:hug

Mary Im glad your Dad is ok.:hug

Linda the snowflake will be great for the games, not long till we can start.

:hi :hi :hi

just doing my exercises, sitting here lifting my arms....:lol:lol

Now that's MY kinda exercise :lol :lol

Got help with Tuon's injection this morning thank goodness. She was not in the mood but BD held her and she was a very good girl :manyheart Just gotta get her in the car carrier on my own today. Oh that should be just TONS of fun...NOT! :lol :lol

Cara, cats are too smart - they all know what being puit into the carrier means!

Have any heavy duty work gloves? We must protect the crocheting hands....:D

Cara, good luck with Tuon. Zoe used to walk right into her pet taxi...now I have to "drop" her in tail first. :cat

Hi to everyone. :) I've mowed the back yard and am watering everything. We have a family of Robins and the parents are smaller than the baby - he's huge! So I named him "Baby Huey.":lol

Time to get cleaned up, do some things inside and then it's crochet time. :hook

:hiHey everyone! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Things have been a little crazy here. DH went back to work for the first time after the baby starting Monday. Kind of an adjustment getting used to this whole "Mom" thing without his help! :yes But I'm getting there.

Haven't gotten a whole lot done on saltines this week. :blush Trying to finish up a few other projects and then dive into it head first! Almost finish weaving in the ends on a rainbowish RR for new DD. Then need to line 3 different finished FBBs because I FINALLY found the handles I wanted. Hopefully my WIP pile will dwindle down before I go back to work on the 23rd. Then I can start new ones! :heehee

Mary- Glad to hear your Dad is doing better!

Linda and Tracy- I also try to keep a hook with each project. Makes it easier to find the one I need right away and avoids confusion. Do either of you use the light up crochet hooks? I have been looking at them online lately and think they would be a great investment but I HATE plastic hooks so I'm afraid I won't like them after paying all that much for them!

Cara- You are BRAVE for giving those injections to Tuon! There is NO way I would even attempt that on my Sally and Lucy. Too much fur would fly! I can't even cut there nails on my own!

Oh, has anyone ever attempted this pattern: http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/Crochet/Projects/AfghansThrows/LW1570+Crochet+One+Skein+Throw.htm

I think it would be a nice quick gift for someone and I am adding it to my neverending "to do" list of crochet projects.

That's all from me for now! Sorry that was so long! :eek

That's a pretty pattern, Pickles. I haven't made it, but I just put it on my ever-growing WIM list!

I have a couple of lighted hooks and they have come in handy - and I find them very comfortable to use. I use all kinds of hooks, love my bamboo and other wooden ones best, but plastic is very pratical too. I use a couple of Clover hooks I was gifted, too, and they're terrific, esp when your hands get tired.

I never met a hook of any type that I didn't like:D

That's a pretty pattern, Pickles. I haven't made it, but I just put it on my ever-growing WIM list!

I have a couple of lighted hooks and they have come in handy - and I find them very comfortable to use. I use all kinds of hooks, love my bamboo and other wooden ones best, but plastic is very pratical too. I use a couple of Clover hooks I was gifted, too, and they're terrific, esp when your hands get tired.

I never met a hook of any type that I didn't like:D

Going yarn shopping today for this pattern to take advantage on Michael's sale on Vanna's. I must really like this pattern because I'm ready to start now! NO MUST RESIST!!!! (sshhh don't tell DH about the yarn shopping!!!!) :haha

oooohhhh, I forgot about my light up hook! I love it. My mother loves the shape as well and wants to get the clover non light ones in the other sizes because of the shape. I usually work with my bamboo crochet hook, I love it now that I am used to working with it. And it is true, they do get better with age. :yes

Linda and Tracy- I also try to keep a hook with each project. Makes it easier to find the one I need right away and avoids confusion. Do either of you use the light up crochet hooks? I have been looking at them online lately and think they would be a great investment but I HATE plastic hooks so I'm afraid I won't like them after paying all that much for them!

Hi, Pickles. I have two of the lighted crochet hooks and they really help when I'm working with the really dark colors such as dark brown, dark green and black.

I went to WM again today and got the yarn for the baby blanket I've been comissioned to do. I went through all my grandmother's patterns yesterday and had 7 different patterns for Lindsey to choose from. She chose one that uses two strands of yarn and a large crochet hook, so the blanket should go together quickly. While I was at it I found a pattern for a top, a pattern for a pineapple shawl, and two patterns in filet crochet that I liked really well for myself so my list of WIMs has just grown a whole lot. It was such fun looking at all the patterns. I felt really close to Grandma while I was going through them.

I finally made it to the church during the time the ladies get together to knit and crochet this morning. It was really neat. We all visited as we worked on our projects.

I'm done running around for today now. It's time for something to eat and then crocheting and listening to an audio book.:hook

Linda - I think we've all gotten to where we're fans of audiobooks as well. They are perfect for getting our book fix while getting some crocheting done :hook

Pickles - I love the Clover hooks. I have a light up hook that's very nice but all my regular hooks are the Clover in the same shape. Zero hand fatigue and they're the only ones I can hold these days. I couldn't crochet without them. :D

Pickles, if you need any hints on how to hide your yarn....:devil

Tracy, you can take the triquetra ghan off your WIP list now!:clap

Linda and Cara - I can't concentrate on audiobooks...my mind wanders when I crochet:blush

....I HAVE to get to Michaels...but S-D-R is home...hmmm...have to figure this out.....:think

Mary ~ 9 bi-color squares and 27 solids please. That gives me all the squares for a preemie blanket in red, white and blue.

Morning everyone

Tracy my girls moan when I say lets go to Spotlight and look at some yarn. Its ok when I have to take them somewhere. Maybe I should start moaning.

Cara Im glad you have the injections for Tuon sorted. How did you go with getting Tuon in the carrier.

Sunny are you working on the Casa or something else.

Pickles I wait till the cats are asleep then I cut their nails, they dont even know I have done them half the time. I need them cut short as they do like to sit on my shoulders while I walk around. Have fun yarn shopping.

Linda wow your going to be very busy arent you. Your preemie ghan in red, white and blue sounds great, cant wait to see it.

Mary 18 solids for me thanks.

Archived