Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Good morning, Wendy. The preemie blanket will be reminescent of a flag as each of the blue squares that go in the upper left corner have a white center and the rest of it is alternating rows of red and white solid squares. I'll do the border in the blue again.

I've spent the last couple of hours doing some test swatches of the star stitch that is what the baby blanket is made up of. I think it's going to be very lovely and I've almost got the stitch down now. I have to be careful on the ends of the rows though or I decrease a stitch. It will be very, very soft since it's 2 strands of 3 ply baby yarn and done with a size P hook.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wendy - Actually I used Mary's idea of "dropping" her in it with it standing upright and it worked perfect :D Just waiting for the vet to call and tell us what the glucose reading was.

Finally have photos of the red ghan...

simplyred.jpg

simplyredclose.jpg

Cara ~ that is a beautiful pattern and the color is gorgeous! :cheer What yarn did you use? I'm so glad you got Tuon to the vet okay...actually our vet showed me that trick years ago. :)

Hi Linda. Your baby ghan sounds wonderful! :c9 And I think the preemie ghan in red, white and blue will be darling...maybe a July 4th baby will get that one.

Pickles, the pattern looks sooo pretty. Thanks for sharing the link. :yes

Wendy and Linda - Squares recorded!

Linda, your r/w/b pattern sounds beautiful! And isn't it fun working with a P hook? I have to figure out some more stuff to do with mine...gives the piece such a different look.

Maybe I can whip up some prayer shawls.:think

Cara, the ghan is beautiful! Is it RHSS? And do you have the pattern written down or just outlined for now?

I hope Tuon continues to do well.....:hug

I really like the color and stitch on the blanket, Misa. Will the pattern been in the happy house website ? If so, please pretty please let us know asap. :hook

This blanket look perfect for my poor lonely new couch that is boring beige from IKEA. It need some color. :P

Thank for the compliments ladies :manyheart I was pretty happy with it myself. I used the ILTY! in Cranberry. Nice and soft. But RHSS Burgundy is almost exactly the same color. And yes, I am gonna put the pattern up on the site along with the Man Ghan one. I really hope to get to that tomorrow. I'm hoping for a nice boring day for a change :lol

Yay! Take your time. I have many WIPs all over the living room waiting for their turn. :blush It will be a while before I can start a new project. :P I do have some yarns in mind for it. :yes

This month's goal is finish at least 5 WIPs before I can start a new project. :hook

Cara, that is very pretty! I like the red a lot. I'm on row 3 of the baby afghan. It's coming along slowly, but then again, I'm still learning this stitch and it is worked the long way so the row is really, really long. I'm getting very tired so I think I'll turn in soon. Have a good evening/day everyone.

Pickles, if you need any hints on how to hide your yarn....:devil

....I HAVE to get to Michaels...but S-D-R is home...hmmm...have to figure this out.....:think

Thanks but got it all hidden before he got home! ;) Yarn shopping was a success!!! Went to Michael's first to get some Vanna's Choice for a ghan for my cousin for her birthday in August. They have a sale on it here this week! Then went to Hobby Lobby. Not much good on sale but they did have some great clearance yarn. I got a bunch of skeins of some different varigated Yarn Bee baby yarn. Not sure on the color or the kind of yarn but will post that later. It was only $.99/skein! :clap They also had some crochet books on clearance for a couple of dollars! I made out with all kinds of good stuff! OOOH my favorite thing was a big gardening bag on clearance that will make a perfect crochet bag (or diaper bag! haven't decided yet!) :yay It was a good yarn day!

Thanks to all ladies for the input on the light up hooks! I think I will try my mom's when she is here visiting to see if I like it before I buy it!

Just started a small bag for my neice for her birthday on the 3rd. Just using a solid granny square for each side with a braided handle. She loves pink so I found a couple of different pink yarns in my stash including some fun eyelash yarn and mohair type yarn. Going to alternate a couple of each into the rounds and maybe add some white. Will post pics as soon as I'm done even though its not a saltine! :hook

Hmmm, I kept thinking today was Tuesday. No quiet day tomorrow. It's my day out. :yes

BTW Tuon's new blood sugar level was 386 down from 600 on Friday. Not there yet but we're moving in the right direction :D

Howdy doody everyboody

Its my day off tomorrow, woohoo.:yay all day crocheting here I come.

Linda your preemie ghan sounds amazing, cant wait to see it.

Cara your red ghan is just beautiful, love the stitch.:clap

Pickles wow you had a great day shopping for yarn.

Cara Tuons sugar level is a lot better, what does it need to be.

Wow, Pickles - you had a very good day yesterday!:yay

When I make tote bags I make 12 inch squares...so I completely "get" your idea for the pink bag. I have a couple of pics posted on my blog.

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Tuon's sugar needs to be around 100. We're getting there :D

Today's my day out. Need to make the mortgage payment, get milk and stuff and a new cat carrier since we'll be make more vet visits. The one we have is really horrible. I just needed a new big one quickly and grabbed the first one. Lousy latches that are hard to catch and uncatch. Hmm, might see if I can sweet talk BD into springing for a haircut too. It's gotten way too long and it's way too hot :P

Howdy everyone :hi

Cheryl would you like to make one of these ghans. The saltines(squares are very easy to do). Your more than welcome to join us.

Cara have fun on your day out today. At least Tuon is on the mend slowly. Lets hope this insulin will help her get better.

Ms Cara,

You do beautiful work. I have never seen a crocheted quilt before. They are all beautiful.

Thank You for All that you have given.

Cheryl

Wow! You used your very first post to come visit us :D Thank you very much for your kind words and come on in and join us :hug

Wow! You used your very first post to come visit us :D Thank you very much for your kind words and come on in and join us :hug

To Tell the truth, I have been looking around here for about 3 months or so.

I will have to figure out which one I would like to do. The Casablanca is stunning. Not sure if I am brave enough to tackle a job that big. Did you happen to do the art deco? Might do that for my daughter for christmas, in ocean blue colors.

hope your cat is better, they are such loves.

Thank You again, :)

Cheryl

Cheryl - Yes, I did the Art Deco. That was one of my favorites :yes Someone started one a while back in blues but I've never seen it finished. It was coming out absolutely stunning though. Wish I could remember who it was :think:blush

Tuon and Misa were playing chase a few minutes ago! :jumpyay They haven't chased each other in months. Tuon's so bright and perky today! That extra unit of insulin must be doing the trick. At least for today and today is all I can ask for :manyheart

Archived