Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Sing it girls...........:)

Hooks are risin'

Yarns getting low

According to all sources

Walmarts the place to go

Cos tonight for the first time (first time)

Just about half past ten (half past ten)

For the first time in history

It's gonna start raining saltines (start raining saltines)

It's raining saltines - Hallejulah

It's raining saltines - Amen

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yes Krystal I explained it to both Emma and Kevin this morning and I think Kevin gets it but I think it still went over Emmas head. We are going to talk to her teacher about it as she reckons she wasnt shown how to do it.

Hooks are risin'

Yarns getting low

According to all sources

Walmarts the place to go

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Wendy, I was thinking of "designing" a baby cardigan out of saltines last night just for the fun of it, now I am wondering about making a matching cuddle ghan and cardigan set, with maybe a hat? :think Just need to think of what colours and a theme.

Ooh now that's a project I'd be very interested to see :yes

Wendy, I was thinking of "designing" a baby cardigan out of saltines last night just for the fun of it, now I am wondering about making a matching cuddle ghan and cardigan set, with maybe a hat? :think Just need to think of what colours and a theme.

That would be interesting indeed. Cant wait to see what you come up with.

Hi, and good night, Wendy:hug

I just finished taking apart my guest room: washed windows, curtains, ceiling light fixture, smacked out the throw pillows to get the dust off, washed the filet bedspread that I have on the bed, dusted furniture, washed fake plants....

Okay, now I can have a good lunch and sit on my *&% and :crocheting

The room had been bugging me for a long time and now I can smile whn I look at it.

Wendy - Reo helps me alot if he is inside and realizes I am on the computer. The first time I was trying to type something and I couldn't get anywhere and then suddenly all these weird letters went across the line, I wondered what was wrong with my computer then realized Reo had his paws on the keys :lol

I joined the games right after they were posted. I've had a vest pattern that baffled an experienced crocheter and she gave it to me. I never tried it and that's been umpteen years ago! Thought it would be a good challenge. It's shaped like a business suit vest, if you know what I mean.

Cara - hey! I like to hear that kind of stuff about Tuon!!

Are you designing a new quilt aghan for the games?

You know, I would buy more stuff, but because of the high postage - forget it.

Linda - I'm really liking that snowflake. Did you say you did the coloring in paint shop pro? I have that program and also Corel Draw, but really never used them. I need to get something with graphs on it so I can try a few designs that are running rampant in my head. I always used Adobe Illustrator at work and don't have it here.

Krystal - I like your black background idea for the block one.

Is it past Wendy's bedtime again? Yes I see it is :lol

Judy - send some of that energy my way. I can't get motivated to do anything. But then with the sudden heat & humidity the last few days...be any wonder I'm drained.

Come on Tracy join Linda and me in the games and take part in the 50m Saltine race or there's the 5000mtr Saltine marathon. What about the 200m Saltinebutterfly race.:lol

I love the titles for races Wendy. I think the Snowflake ghan would qualify in the 5,000 mtr Marathon. Probably the Koala would be there too.

For me it is a vest that my 4H leader gave up on years ago. I never tried it but always wanted to. It will be a challange.

Ya know it is hard to type with a cat laying halfway on the keyboard and trying to help me!!!

Sounds like a nifty vest. Sarge frequently helps me type when I'm on the computer downstairs. He causes interesting results when he helps me play games, too.

Hooks are risin'

Yarns getting low

According to all sources

Walmarts the place to go

I LOVE it!

I joined the games right after they were posted. I've had a vest pattern that baffled an experienced crocheter and she gave it to me. I never tried it and that's been umpteen years ago! Thought it would be a good challenge. It's shaped like a business suit vest, if you know what I mean.

Linda - I'm really liking that snowflake. Did you say you did the coloring in paint shop pro? I have that program and also Corel Draw, but really never used them. I need to get something with graphs on it so I can try a few designs that are running rampant in my head. I always used Adobe Illustrator at work and don't have it here.

Another neat sounding vest.

I'm using PaintShopPro. It has taken me a while to figure out how to jump through the hoops the way I want it to, but the two yesterday went together with only a few snags.

I hadn't thought of black as the background for the snowflake, but it would be very, very striking done like that. I don't like working with black well enough to do it that way myself.

Pickles (Jessi), if you like Pickles as a nickname, I have no problem with that. It just seemed strange when the rest of us are all called by our first names. I'm sorry last night didn't go so well. I found that when my two were that age they never seemed to be on the same schedule, day or night, for more than a week or two at the most. We'd just get used to one pattern and it would change.

Here are the patterns. I decided to call the first one Snowflake. I tried the Stacked blocks 3 different ways before finding the one that I liked best, although they all came out pretty. There is no way I'm making the Stacked Blocks for the games. There are just too many combinations of bi-color squares. I'd mess up the pattern for sure. I am making it, just not with a 16 day time window.

Snowflake.jpgStackedCubes1.jpg

StackedCubes2.jpgStackedCubes3.jpg

Oh any type of schedule for just a day at a time would be nice! Its not that she has her days and nights mixed up. She is just uncomfortable at night. Squirms like she is in pain almost. The doctor thought it was acid reflux and gave her meds but it doesn't seem to be getting any better. Hopefully tonight will go better. Thanks for the encouragement! :hug

And by the way these are GORGEOUS!!!! :yay Can't wait to see pics of your progress and what colors you decide on for sure!

Hooks are risin'

Yarns getting low

According to all sources

Walmarts the place to go

:rofl:rofl:rofl

If your crocheting is only as creative as your song writing I can only imagine!!!!!

You ladies are definetely making the Games sound like tons of fun! I just have way too many other projects to finish up before I dare start another! And with everything going on here don't think I could finish anything in 16 days! If by some chance miracle I complete the 3 projects I am needing to get done soon then I will join. If that miracle happens I will be doing an easy afghan:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/shadedblanket.html?noImages=

And not sure if the ad is the same everywhere but Michael's is having a REALLY good sale this week starting today in my area! They also emailed me a 50% off 1 regular priced item coupon! :yay

Too bad I can't get everything I want there! But I can get a few items I've been needing! A shopping I shall go! Have a good day everyone!

Linda - Oooh very nice :clap I really like the snowflake in negative colors like that :yes

Pickles - Sorry the baby's not sleeping again. Sometimes it just takes a while to find their grooove. And I'm gonna keep calling you Pickles. Reminds me of Buddy's wife from the Dick Van Dyke Show. You're probably too young to remember that unless they're still showing it in reruns somewhere :D

Sunny - Oh my goodness. Your mom is one brave woman. First having that many kids and second home schooling them all. My hat's off to Mom :nworthy

Wendy - You're so funny you little instigator you :lol

Tracy - Are you participating in the Games? Have you chosen a project? I need to get to work on mine. :yes

Still didn't make much progress on the red ghan yesterday. It's really just too hot right now for a full ghan. I might go back to my ATW today or tinker around with an idea for the Games :scrachin

i forgot to mention the 5 youngest are all adopted :cheer

btw i am thinking of making a small quilt from the sight every happy house. because i gave a friend a dress (crochet) to send to her niece but she can't get it back. her cats have taken to laying on it. :rofl: and will not give it up. so i'm going to make a square of one of the gahns

i said after posting this i would start anther quilt - i have 15 solids and 1 bi color done right now. these are not conntect. it's from the love letters quilt afghan. but i'm only making one square (one heart). it's for a cat that loves yarn. :D

Archived