Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How many squares have you received so far? I'm just wondering how many have been sent out and many try to keep a tally. I've gotten 32!

I have received 3 so far, and have sent out...well, I'm not sure:lol.

I want to thank everyone again who has sent me the beautiful squares I have some of the squares made to send off to poeple but due to my DH old job not filling what they said they were sending in severence pays they have left all of us high and dry and my DH new job is half or even lower what he was bringing home in the past.So I am unable to send out at this time. So please dont send me any more squares at this time because I am feeling too guilty how it is that I havent mailed back a square to some that have sent some to me. Just dont want anyone to think I am take and run person.

I have received 3 so far, and have sent out...well, I'm not sure:lol.

Well, we all know you sent me 13! I've sent out 16 so far.

I want to thank everyone again who has sent me the beautiful squares I have some of the squares made to send off to poeple but due to my DH old job not filling what they said they were sending in severence pays they have left all of us high and dry and my DH new job is half or even lower what he was bringing home in the past.So I am unable to send out at this time. So please dont send me any more squares at this time because I am feeling too guilty how it is that I havent mailed back a square to some that have sent some to me. Just dont want anyone to think I am take and run person.

NO NO NO! We are still sending you squares and that's that! In the 1st post it says making squares to send is NOT required. So you just deal with getting squares from us and like it! ;):hug Remember, in this CAL I'm the boss. :P

:turtle:vheart

:hug Sheila....how many more are needed for your afghan??

It looks like 10 packages out and 10 squares in on this CAL :c9

Well, we all know you sent me 13! I've sent out 16 so far.

NO NO NO! We are still sending you squares and that's that! In the 1st post it says making squares to send is NOT required. So you just deal with getting squares from us and like it! ;):hug Remember, in this CAL I'm the boss. :P

I didn't know but now I do. Heather not only were those squares beautiful but the scarf and pillow topper were absolutely gorgeous!

Yeah, she's the boss of this here CAL! And if I want to send you more squares I can!:neener:neener:neener:neener

I didn't know but now I do. Heather not only were those squares beautiful but the scarf and pillow topper were absolutely gorgeous!

Yeah, she's the boss of this here CAL! And if I want to send you more squares I can!:neener:neener:neener:neener

The scarf is made from silk and soooo soft! I wish it wasn't so stinkin' hot or I'd be wearing it!! :lol

Yeah, listen to Brenda. :neener

:cheer Mailed out a few squares today. The postmaster and I had a bizarre chat, he had a package that was ticking... Think I wouldv'e set it outside. Then he preceded to tell me that it was for people that did a lot of ebay, toys. We had a good chuckle. Explained that my packages were crochet related, that set off a whole new discussion, needless to say I will be mailing packages on my off days from here on out,....:blush lol (was just a tiny bit late :eek.)

Okay, I have a question...I know what Red Heart is...but what is Red Heart SS (RHSS)? The stores near me sell Red Heart Super Saver...is that what it is, or does the SS stand for super soft? Because if it's super soft, then I'm super out of luck...

Good morning ladies....It is FRIDAY, but we all know Sue is wishing for Sunday to get here, so she can be Key West bound!

Heather, yes Iit is super saver....if not I'm in the same boat with Erin.

What are you guys up to this weekend, we are going scalloping. They started our season early because of the oil spill. Hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend.

Sue, take care and have fun....and try to stay out of trouble. Maybe you can find that "lost shaker of salt" LOL!!!

Okay, I have a question...I know what Red Heart is...but what is Red Heart SS (RHSS)? The stores near me sell Red Heart Super Saver...is that what it is, or does the SS stand for super soft? Because if it's super soft, then I'm super out of luck...

Super Saver. :)

Good morning ladies....It is FRIDAY, but we all know Sue is wishing for Sunday to get here, so she can be Key West bound!

Heather, yes Iit is super saver....if not I'm in the same boat with Erin.

What are you guys up to this weekend, we are going scalloping. They started our season early because of the oil spill. Hope you all have a wonderful and safe weekend.

Sue, take care and have fun....and try to stay out of trouble. Maybe you can find that "lost shaker of salt" LOL!!!

Thanks! Great, now my vacation is a treasure hunt and I don't even use salt. I normally have raspberry coladas, but I guess I'll have to do Margaritas to find the salt. :rofl

Is it Sunday yet???:eek

Well today my fiance and I are getting the lock changed on our mailbox but I actually got my fiance to get the mail from the mail man today and I got a Beautiful square from Pat!!!!!! Thank you so much for the square and the cute little card :hug. It really made my hellatious last few weeks seem that much better and it put a smile on my face. I always get so excited when I get squares!!!!!!! So thanks again to all who have given me squares and smiles so far :manyheart.

post-38400-135897542141_thumb.jpg

I have two squares ready to go out, but i'm probably going to wait to go to the post office until I get a few more put together. :) Hope everyone is enjoying their Friday!

Well today my fiance and I are getting the lock changed on our mailbox but I actually got my fiance to get the mail from the mail man today and I got a Beautiful square from Pat!!!!!! Thank you so much for the square and the cute little card :hug. It really made my hellatious last few weeks seem that much better and it put a smile on my face. I always get so excited when I get squares!!!!!!! So thanks again to all who have given me squares and smiles so far :manyheart.

Always happy to bring a smile to someone. Glad you liked it.

I never did that square before. One of the fun things with the CAL is that I'm making a lot of squares I've never done before if you like 8". I have a ton of pattern books for squares but they are mostly 6 or 8 inch. 12" are harder to find so I've been doing those in the few patterns I have.

I'll take any size square even though for my blanket I am looking for 10 inch because I can always find something to do with it :P hehe. I know what you mean about being able to try new patterns I've been trying as many new ones as possible even kinda making them a little different here and there. I absolutely loooove this cal :). It's the first time I've ever done something like this and I am loving every min of it.

But please...no crocheting "under the influence"...that could lead to some sloppy stitching:lol.

Or a hook in the eye. Wait, then I could wear a pirate patch and wander around with my hook and nobody will look at me strangely. :rofl

Archived