Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

I just realised I never got around to posting a picture of the square Mom w/a Motif sent me.For some reason my computer will not read my memory card so I took another photo on my phone.It is a gloomy day and about to rain so I had to take it in front of the heater.Unfortunately it makes the colour look very dull but in reality it is a bright gorgeous blue.

post-26847-135897677776_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:clap :clap My computer would do that, too. It's really weird. If I had old pictures on the memory card, still; it wouldn't work. I have to upload them with HP Photosmart, then they are in two places. But it won't work if I don't do it that way. I have a picture of your square somewhere, I think.. If you want me to post it here. :shrug

I just realised I never got around to posting a picture of the square Mom w/a Motif sent me.For some reason my computer will not read my memory card so I took another photo on my phone.It is a gloomy day and about to rain so I had to take it in front of the heater.Unfortunately it makes the colour look very dull but in reality it is a bright gorgeous blue.

Hope you all have a good day- didn't get anymore squares done this weekend- but hoping to rectify that by next weekend!! Thanks for the links to the 12 inch patterns Brenda- I also like this one The Argyle Diamond by Tammy (teakaycee) http://coffeencrafts.blogspot.com/2011/06/freebie-friday.html

Hi everyone, hope u all are doing well. Im feeling much better lately.

Sue, I sent you an email. My computer decided to change the file type of the addresses, and it wont open. not sure what happened...

woo hoo, good to hear, one less biggie to make!! thanks!!

:haha

What GREAT squares!!!! Thank you for posting the links!!

Neat square!

Hope you all have a good day- didn't get anymore squares done this weekend- but hoping to rectify that by next weekend!! Thanks for the links to the 12 inch patterns Brenda- I also like this one The Argyle Diamond by Tammy (teakaycee) http://coffeencrafts.blogspot.com/2011/06/freebie-friday.html

Thank you for posting the link to Tammy's site!! neat square and site, became a follower, Tammy!!!

Nope. :devil Sent! :)

:turtle:vheart

:laughroll:tySure do appreciate you, Sue!! ;)

Just Had to take a break with cup of java to check the 'ville! Gonna check out a few more things on here before finishing work today. Plans for tonite: :crocheting and :crocheting!!! Can some of you share with me your system of doing squares for this CAL? Just curious. Maybe I can pick up a few tips?!?

Also I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to print patterns off this site without printing ALL the comments (like about 10 pages worth sometimes :P)!! :)

Anyway, hope all has a great day!!!

Also I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to print patterns off this site without printing ALL the comments (like about 10 pages worth sometimes :P)!! :)

when your print thing pops up there should be a spot you can check to only print the page you are on, or just a certain page. otherwise I copy and paste the pattern and the link onto a word page. then I still have the link that will let me know where to send people to for the pattern

:haha

What GREAT squares!!!! Thank you for posting the links!!

Neat square!

Thank you for posting the link to Tammy's site!! neat square and site, became a follower, Tammy!!!

:laughroll:tySure do appreciate you, Sue!! ;)

Just Had to take a break with cup of java to check the 'ville! Gonna check out a few more things on here before finishing work today. Plans for tonite: :crocheting and :crocheting!!! Can some of you share with me your system of doing squares for this CAL? Just curious. Maybe I can pick up a few tips?!?

Hi ya Michelle,

system?? Well, not sure mine qualifies as a Whole System, or anything, lol but what I did, when I started doing this, i picked out all the 5 and 6 inchers first, jotted down names, and colors and preferences, and did all those first! Then moved on to the 8 inchers, same thing, now I am about to embark on the 10 and 12 inch journey,,,,which i am seriously dreading, however, I know they will be fine, (she says with fingers crossed!) When I finish each one, I stuff it into a puffy, and address it right then, so I never see it again after that point, but to mail it in it's puffy! On one sheet of my notebook, i list who I mailed to, i do 5 each week, by random, as I put them in a tote and just close my eyes, and pick five, lol Then when someone receives, i check mark their name, with the date they posted. That's all, simple really! just to keep myself straight on it! (I do tend to work ahead a bit, so am stocked up for two more mailings, which will give me time to work on some larger squares for the 12 inch gals! )

Hope that helps.

By the way everyone, five more went out this am, want a clue as to whom, wellllll, ain't getting one! Lets see who among them are the first to post they received, and maybe there is an extra square in there for that first poster, you never know! muu ahh haaa haaaa!!!

*”˜˜”*°•.¸¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸Good Afternoon*”˜˜”*°•.¸¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸

How is everyone today? Wow is it hot already! Please stay safe everyone! We had a few people go down over the last few days at the ball tournament from the heat…. Including an umpire.

Thank you everyone for the love … prayers and congrats concerning Ken!!!!

It means the whole world to me!

More good news……………. My son Michael is still in remission!!! God is so Awesome!!!

Beautiful heart square you got their from Phyllis… Joanne!!!

Michelle darlin’…………. I am so praying for your SD and family! You hang in there! Come here and be with us……….. let me tell you first hand… you ladies have kept me going! Through every little thing! Yes … God has and always be my strength… but you have to understand……… His way of giving me strength was to put all you ladies in my life!

Oh… Ann………….. what a pretty square you got! I love that butterfly square pattern!

Mandymae……. :hug :hug :hug……….. you need to make one of Sue’s Stash Buster Totes for your expecting friends. :hook

Oh hey neighbor…………love the square you got! What a pretty color!!!

How are you holding up with the flood waters? Any seepage yet? Its getting closer and closer down here…………. Sheeeeesh. You would think with all this heat it would evaporate….. hmmmm

post-18634-135897677948_thumb.jpg

Mary……….. very pretty squares you got!!! Speaking of…………THANK YOU for the square for my daughter!!! The little card and angel pin are the sweetest touch!!! :hug

post-18634-135897677962_thumb.jpg

Susan………. :hug :hug :hug to you too my dear!!!! Think hook.. think yarn….think Stash Buster Tote :hook

Oh Cindy…. Hon……….. wow! Praying for ya!

Nice patterns Brenda………. Thanks for sharing!

AussiePaula………… very pretty square you received!!!

Today is going to be another hot one… and Ken and I are running the admissions gate at the tournament again.

But right now I need to finish catching up on emails and posts… get some laundry done and get a coffee refill! J

You all have a GREAT Day!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

Hi Ladies,

I see some beautiful squares posted lately. Speaking of beautiful squares, I recieved two amazing squares from CindysSweetThings on Friday. I'll get pics up later today. I'm in awe of the geometric pattern she created on the back of the work. I just can't decide which side of the work I want to display on my finished 'ghan.

I sent five squares out in the post today. :yes

post-1185-135897679274_thumb.jpg

post-1185-135897679279_thumb.jpg

Thank you Tonyal for your computer help. I will try that! :D

Tammie--thanks for the encouragement!! Coming from you that's pretty weighty!! You're right! This has always been the most encouraging site with the most wonderful group of ladies!!

Katyallen!! I :manyheart your system!!! I may just have to "steal" it!! I need some way to keep me on track!

Hello everybody!!

sorry to hear about the floods everywhere!! We were having a drought here but for the last 2 weeks, rain every day!! :( Today I've been in a funk guess everything hit all at once. Thanks all for the prayers and nice wishes!

Just hoping things will get to where I can have more "me" time, but I don't know. I know how Mandymae feels. Got my new Annie's Attic in the mail the other day and between thinking of all kinds of squares and what all I want in that book...:drool:lol

As for those asking for 12" squares (like me :blush) I personally will look forward to some 6" squares. 4 of those would make a 12 inch!! :lol Think that would make my afghan look that much more friendshippy!! :lol

I have to agree with you about the 12" sqs. I'm asking for them too, but after thinking about it some 6 inchers thrown in there would make it all that more "friendshippy! :lol

*”˜˜”*°•.¸¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸Good Afternoon*”˜˜”*°•.¸¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸

How is everyone today? Wow is it hot already! Please stay safe everyone! We had a few people go down over the last few days at the ball tournament from the heat…. Including an umpire.

Thank you everyone for the love … prayers and congrats concerning Ken!!!!

It means the whole world to me!

More good news……………. My son Michael is still in remission!!! God is so Awesome!!!

:mug

Great news about Michael!!!! :clap Stay safe in that heat tonight now! :hug

[

Katyallen!! I :manyheart your system!!! I may just have to "steal" it!! I need some way to keep me on track!

Hey ya , it's ok, use the system!!! That's what it's for Hershey! lol

Oh hey neighbor…………love the square you got! What a pretty color!!!

How are you holding up with the flood waters? Any seepage yet? Its getting closer and closer down here…………. Sheeeeesh. You would think with all this heat it would evaporate….. hmmmm

[ATTACH]42306[/ATTACH]

and yeah, Neighbor, we were in iowa yesterday for brunch, river is still way over, and looks weird to see the tree line, and what was the banks way in the middle of the river! and not where it should be, for sure! The place we ate at, had sandbags around their electrical boxes, and stuff, the parking lot was closed due to water though....wow.

I sent out a square, today! :blush Now, I don't totally feel like a 100% slacker...lol Still a bit under the weather, so I'm getting things done, slowly. :hook

Hope everyone has a great week, try not to get too hot out there.:hot

Wow, I definitely need to catch up with all that is going on. I wanted to post a picture of the beautiful square I received from CindysSweetThings. It is oh so pretty. Thank you very much Cindy, I love it.

post-18047-135897678255_thumb.jpg

Well, had to run to town and do errands and I got 3 squares in the mail! :yay

Two of them are from baseballmom18! :clap Thanks Trish! They are so soft! What kind of cotton is that? I've never seen it before but it's wonderful! :c9

I also received a beautiful square from grannyannie! :cheer Thank you Ann! She also sent the cutest turtle pin!! I love the idea of making it into a pin! It's so cute and would be great to pin on totes as well as an outfit! :hook

Thank you ladies so much! :hug

post-44513-13589767826_thumb.jpg

post-44513-135897678262_thumb.jpg

Sue, an updated list please. I have several squares done and I need to catch up on all the new people added.

Sue- did you remember to mark me down on the list as having enough squares? I could also use an updated list and then I'm going to try "the system" :lol

(guess I'm lucky cause I wanted 12 inchers and they seem to be the least favorite squares to make:lol)

Well, had to run to town and do errands and I got 3 squares in the mail! :yay

Two of them are from baseballmom18! :clap Thanks Trish! They are so soft! What kind of cotton is that? I've never seen it before but it's wonderful! :c9

I also received a beautiful square from grannyannie! :cheer Thank you Ann! She also sent the cutest turtle pin!! I love the idea of making it into a pin! It's so cute and would be great to pin on totes as well as an outfit! :hook

Thank you ladies so much! :hug

Your welcome! Glad you like it and the little turtle! :lol

I know I just started this, but the way I am doing it is I go through my stash and see what yarn I don't have a lot of or what is left from previous projects. Basically whatever yarn that looks lonely. Then I go through and see if anyone is asking for that color and make the square according to the size they want. When I choose the pattern for the square I look through a bunch of online patterns until one jumps out at me.

Not much of a system,but it's a system.

Archived