Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Anyone want to do an ami swap??? We would just do ami's, no extras necessary (unless you want to). Let me know!

:turtle:vheart

:hi Please add me

You all really got me good! Not long ago my mailman came up the drive honking which means he has a package. I wasn't expecting anything. Inside the box was the most beautiful afghan ever along with a couple of dish cloths, a pack of notecards, and a couple of cards. I can't believe I was the secret project. I have been fumbling around with the camera, my old slow computer on dialup trying to get some photos so you can all see the finished secret project.

:ty:ty:ty:ty

:hug glad you got it today, Beautiful

I forgot to tell you. Bruce named the afghan "Minnie Pearl." He kept asking what was with all the price tags!! :rofl

:rofl

Jim just got home and saw it draped across the couch. He said I knew you mailed a lot of yarn out but it is impressive to see it come back like that!
:lol Didn't know it worked that way did you :D

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wait!!!!!!!!!! YOU LIKE TURTLES :eek:eek:eek! I had no idea I'm glad you said something :rofl! But on a serious note I am excited to get this going and I think 3/4 weeks after we start would be a good amount of time.

I hope you didn't fall off your chair when you realized that! :rofl

Yay for secret project being delvered!!! :cheer & what am I hearing about an Ami swap? lol I love amis.

I'm adding you so there! :P

You know when I said I didn't think I would ever take the tags off I was thinking of Minnie Pearl so my afghan will keep the name Bruce gave it. I just feel really humbled right now. I actually have the first completed friendshipghan from this CAL and it has its own name. Thank you all so much.

:hug Well, it would have been the second if I would get up and finish mine! :lol

Jim just got home and saw it draped across the couch. He said I knew you mailed a lot of yarn out but it is impressive to see it come back like that!

:rofl:sofunny

Ami swap:

You have until Sept 22 to sign up. Then your partner will be assigned. You will NOT receive from the same person that is sending to you. If you want in PM me a word that tells your partner what ami you would like (ex. turtle, doll, cat, flower, etc). Keep the person you are sending to secret! (Yes, I'm stealing from the dishcloth CAL swap :lol)

Then you will have until Oct 20 for your partner to receive their ami. That gives 3 weeks to make and a week to mail. You must send a DC# to me as proof of mailing.

Sound good??? Any suggestions???

Here's who I have so far...

Sue

Nicole

Tina

Tammy

Erin

Tonya

Melissa B

Rene'

Melissa F

You all really got me good! Not long ago my mailman came up the drive honking which means he has a package. I wasn't expecting anything. Inside the box was the most beautiful afghan ever along with a couple of dish cloths, a pack of notecards, and a couple of cards. I can't believe I was the secret project. I have been fumbling around with the camera, my old slow computer on dialup trying to get some photos so you can all see the finished secret project.

Love you sweetie!!! :hug

I'm so glad you like it!

:heart

:mug

:( I am so sorry for my delay in the thank you's that I owe.

I want to thank...

@pat54 for the pretty orange square. I have yet to try that pattern out, but I want to soon :)

@hhensler for the pink and light green variegated very beautiful colored square. Makes me thing instantly of flowers :)

@sapphire for the very pretty double framed lace square. I love it.

These are all new patterns for me and I hope to try them out soon. This has been a very busy and hectic time for me with work, kids, cold and everything. Somethings have slipped my memory but I do hope there is some understanding. I also hope that I may return the favors soon.

Thank you all so much!

Glad it made it and you are very welcome.

Anyone want to do an ami swap??? We would just do ami's, no extras necessary (unless you want to). Let me know!

I have never done an ami and I've started on my scarf project so I think I'll sit this one out.

Great to hear you enjoyed your surprise. I don't think I'd take the tags off either.

I forgot to tell you. Bruce named the afghan "Minnie Pearl." He kept asking what was with all the price tags!! :rofl

:laughroll:haha

Ami swap:

You have until Sept 22 to sign up. Then your partner will be assigned. You will NOT receive from the same person that is sending to you. If you want in PM me a word that tells your partner what ami you would like (ex. turtle, doll, cat, flower, etc). Keep the person you are sending to secret! (Yes, I'm stealing from the dishcloth CAL swap :lol)

Then you will have until Oct 20 for your partner to receive their ami. That gives 3 weeks to make and a week to mail. You must send a DC# to me as proof of mailing.

Sound good??? Any suggestions???

Sue

Nicole

Tina

Tammy

Erin

Tonya

Melissa B

Rene'

Melissa F

Sounds Great

Okay, Sue!! :devil You made me feel guilty! :lol Count me in on the ami swap. Never done one before, but I know this great group will help me. I will send you a PM since I think you're not wanting us to put our faves on here.

Brenda!!!! :cheer:cheer

You deserve it! I'm just sorry I couldn't crochet you more, for the ones you sent kalie and I are beautiful!! You are very appreciated and such a beautiful afghan just suits you!!! Thanks Sue for doing this work and allowing us to be a part! :hug:hug

BGS: I am so excited for you to finally recieve the friendship ghan. When Sue suggested it, I thought that it couldn't be going to a more deserving person! You are so generous, and send so many squares...

Meowy - the color is teal, and the pattern is from the book "300 Classic Blocks for Crochet Projects" by Linda P. Schapper

YAY! Heather! Thank you :):)

I so love this color! What color is it though, is this teal? I love the pattern too, is that a free one online that I can mooch a link from you or the name of the book or wherever it's from please? :)

Here's another photo too, this is my squares so far! The bear one, I made that.. but the rest are from Crochetville people! YAY! :manyheart:clap

Pretty square....your ghan a looking great!

You know when I said I didn't think I would ever take the tags off I was thinking of Minnie Pearl so my afghan will keep the name Bruce gave it. I just feel really humbled right now. I actually have the first completed friendshipghan from this CAL and it has its own name. Thank you all so much.

Brenda, Hope you and Minnie Pearl well be very happy together. Thanks Sue for letting me be a part and for all your hard work!!

Okay, Sue!! :devil You made me feel guilty! :lol Count me in on the ami swap. Never done one before, but I know this great group will help me. I will send you a PM since I think you're not wanting us to put our faves on here.

Brenda!!!! :cheer:cheer

You deserve it! I'm just sorry I couldn't crochet you more, for the ones you sent kalie and I are beautiful!! You are very appreciated and such a beautiful afghan just suits you!!! Thanks Sue for doing this work and allowing us to be a part! :hug:hug

:lol I'm :devil that way!

Sue

Nicole

Tina

Tammy

Erin

Tonya

Melissa B

Rene'

Melissa F

Michelle

:hug

Brenda, Hope you and Minnie Pearl well be very happy together. Thanks Sue for letting me be a part and for all your hard work!!

:hug

Hey guys - I need your help. I have a friend of the family getting ready to start chemo (it doesn't look good at all). Anyways - I want to throw together a quick lapghan for him to take with him to treatments. I need 11 squares (I'm making one...at least) BUT I need them quick. He's a huge redskins fan so I'm hoping to do it in Burgundy in gold. If you could send me a square in the next 2 weeks could you PM me? I know it's a lot to ask with everything going on - and I'm still working on my patriotic comfortghans.

12 inch

Acrylic

Burgundy or Gold

No specific pattern.

Please PM me and let me know if you are able to do one - let me know what color you are planning (burgundy, gold, both...whatever)

Thanks in advance! I'm going to buy yarn tonight to make him a hat too.

GOOD MORNINGJust thought I'd say hi to everyone:hi I received another square yesterday!!:clap Thanks tmpinsntyit is perfect. I am still slacking on the picture taking but should get it done today!:blush

Really looking forward to this weekend since BF is going hunting, the kids will be gone and I can have a nice quiet couple of days for me:lol ! I say that now but something will probably come up:eek. I'll spend some time with my DD and her new baby boy though. He has casts on both legs(his 3rd set) and he is only 5 weeks old:(. He was born with clubbed feet, so he has to have them straightened out. Hopefully it will be over soon and he won't have to go in every week to get new ones. But he'll never even know he had the problem when it's all done. Just makes it really hard on my DD and her hubby though. She is suffering from post partum depression and is meds. Rough when you're only 20!:(

Hey guys - I need your help. I have a friend of the family getting ready to start chemo (it doesn't look good at all). Anyways - I want to throw together a quick lapghan for him to take with him to treatments. I need 11 squares (I'm making one...at least) BUT I need them quick. He's a huge redskins fan so I'm hoping to do it in Burgundy in gold. If you could send me a square in the next 2 weeks could you PM me? I know it's a lot to ask with everything going on - and I'm still working on my patriotic comfortghans.

12 inch

Acrylic

Burgundy or Gold

No specific pattern.

Please PM me and let me know if you are able to do one - let me know what color you are planning (burgundy, gold, both...whatever)

You bet I'll help!! :hug

I'll let you know what color for sure as soon as I go through my stash!

GOOD MORNINGJust thought I'd say hi to everyone:hi I received another square yesterday!!:clap Thanks tmpinsntyit is perfect. I am still slacking on the picture taking but should get it done today!:blush

Really looking forward to this weekend since BF is going hunting, the kids will be gone and I can have a nice quiet couple of days for me:lol ! I say that now but something will probably come up:eek. I'll spend some time with my DD and her new baby boy though. He has casts on both legs(his 3rd set) and he is only 5 weeks old:(. He was born with clubbed feet, so he has to have them straightened out. Hopefully it will be over soon and he won't have to go in every week to get new ones. But he'll never even know he had the problem when it's all done. Just makes it really hard on my DD and her hubby though. She is suffering from post partum depression and is meds. Rough when you're only 20!:(

Good Morning to you too dear!

ooooooooooh... here's to hoping you get to have quiet time to yourself! :hook

:( poor little guy! hugs...love and prayers to him!

12 inch

Acrylic

Burgundy or Gold

No specific pattern.

PM'ing you :crocheting

It's been great to see so many beautiful squares posted the past couple of days. I just love seeing such a flurry of activity here. It will be fun to see what you all come up with for ami's. I may give one a try sometime but for now I think I will work on some more squares. I am so close to getting through the list. Just two more to mail out and then any replacements for ones that never arrived. I redid one that was confirmed MIA. I am waiting for responses to my pm's to find out if there were more.

Sue I still can't believe you said it was too hot to put your ghan together and did mine first. :hug:hug

Just wanted to update you a little on my patriotic comfortghans. Things were a little crazy with school ending and working around the clock on a rush work project. I'm still plugging away on these. I've learned the hard way to edge them as I receive them next time. I have 54 squares in total to edge and sew together. My cousin will be home for 2 weeks on leave from Afghanistan the end of Nov beginning of Dec - so i want to have them all done by then. The little girl's is totally done and the baby's is almost done. I can't thank you enough for your generosity!!

This is the one that is finished. I used the 3 squares April sent me and I made the 6 pink ones for the little girl. I thought it would be a cool patriotic but still very girlie blanket. What do you think? it's my first one.

post-34258-135897575077_thumb.jpg

Archived