Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Yes you all really got me good! I am glad you got a good photo of it before you mailed it since mine didn't do it justice. I don't blame you on not taking the tags off. I may never take them off because its a real joy to go look at them and see all the names of everyone and the squares they made. :hug:hug:hug to everyone that was in on it. I think I counted 18 individuals involved.

18 of us sneaky ladies. There were a couple more that wanted to help, but just couldn't because of life's situation. You've sent so many out we just wanted to say thanks. :hug

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOOOT on the secret project getting to it's new home :cheer!!!!! Also I would be VERY interested in an ami swap I LOVE amis and LOVE making them. So count me in! The very first project I ever finished was an ami bug. Would we have a theme to stick to or just any ami can be sent?

We got you! :hug You said awhile ago you wanted a friendshipghan, but didn't want to put it together. So I e-mailed a bunch of our wonderful square making ladies and they went to town! Now I didn't wash it because I was too lazy to take off all the tags and then have to put them back on! :rofl

Here's the picture I took before it was sent.

[ATTACH]27186[/ATTACH]

Nice work, ladies! Brenda truly deserves it :manyheart

Thank you, Alesha, for the rust colored square and memo pad :manyheart Are you watching the Friends of Coal Bowl tonight? LET'S GOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

Sorry for the late response. I can't believe WVU pulled that out. I stopped checking my phone for updates with 8 minutes left. I'm glad you like your square. I LOVE that color.

Sorry for the late response. I can't believe WVU pulled that out. I stopped checking my phone for updates with 8 minutes left. I'm glad you like your square. I LOVE that color.

I wonder how many people changed the channel thinking it was over? :thumbdown:tup

WOOOT on the secret project getting to it's new home :cheer!!!!! Also I would be VERY interested in an ami swap I LOVE amis and LOVE making them. So count me in! The very first project I ever finished was an ami bug. Would we have a theme to stick to or just any ami can be sent?

I think any ami would work. But I would hope someone would know what the other one likes. For example, you may know I like turtles. I know, shocker, but you get the idea. :lol

:think Ok as long as it could be legless than Im in

Or something like this... http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70586AD.html?noImages=0

yeah sue count me in...i'll do my best!

Got cha! We're up to 7! I'm thinking 3-4 weeks to get them out once we start?

You all really got me good! Not long ago my mailman came up the drive honking which means he has a package. I wasn't expecting anything. Inside the box was the most beautiful afghan ever along with a couple of dish cloths, a pack of notecards, and a couple of cards. I can't believe I was the secret project. I have been fumbling around with the camera, my old slow computer on dialup trying to get some photos so you can all see the finished secret project.

:ty:ty:ty:ty

I forgot to tell you. Bruce named the afghan "Minnie Pearl." He kept asking what was with all the price tags!! :rofl

I think any ami would work. But I would hope someone would know what the other one likes. For example, you may know I like turtles. I know, shocker, but you get the idea. :lol

Wait!!!!!!!!!! YOU LIKE TURTLES :eek:eek:eek! I had no idea I'm glad you said something :rofl! But on a serious note I am excited to get this going and I think 3/4 weeks after we start would be a good amount of time.

I forgot to tell you. Bruce named the afghan "Minnie Pearl." He kept asking what was with all the price tags!! :rofl

You know when I said I didn't think I would ever take the tags off I was thinking of Minnie Pearl so my afghan will keep the name Bruce gave it. I just feel really humbled right now. I actually have the first completed friendshipghan from this CAL and it has its own name. Thank you all so much.

You all really got me good! Not long ago my mailman came up the drive honking which means he has a package. I wasn't expecting anything. Inside the box was the most beautiful afghan ever along with a couple of dish cloths, a pack of notecards, and a couple of cards. I can't believe I was the secret project. I have been fumbling around with the camera, my old slow computer on dialup trying to get some photos so you can all see the finished secret project.

Yay!!! So happy you like it!!!! I love the one I've put together so far- it reminds me of all the wonderful friends I've made here at the Ville!!!:hug:hug:hug

We got you! :hug You said awhile ago you wanted a friendshipghan, but didn't want to put it together. So I e-mailed a bunch of our wonderful square making ladies and they went to town! Now I didn't wash it because I was too lazy to take off all the tags and then have to put them back on! :rofl

WOW! That is awesome! You ladies really are a great group!:hug

Thay would be an awesome suprise!:cheer It's always so nice to get something unexpected (as long as it's a good thing!):lol It's beautiful!:manyheart

YAY! Heather! Thank you :):)

I so love this color! What color is it though, is this teal? I love the pattern too, is that a free one online that I can mooch a link from you or the name of the book or wherever it's from please? :)

Here's another photo too, this is my squares so far! The bear one, I made that.. but the rest are from Crochetville people! YAY! :manyheart:clap

post-422-135897574501_thumb.jpg

post-422-135897574504_thumb.jpg

You are welcome. :)

Thank you, Tina, for the blue square! :manyheart

tonyal, how about a bird ami? That's legless. I just got the Crochet Today special issue today, and there were some birds in there.

Erin, :hug for you & your Mom. I hope all will be well.

Archived