Dino Hats

Found this pattern in the Sept/Oct 2009 issue of Crochet Today listed as Halloween Hats. Decided to make one for each of my favorite little guys. I starched the spikes and am hoping they won't be doing any head butting! Every time I drop in for a visit they are showing me dinosaur books so thought this would be fun! can't wait to see their faces!

post-16535-135897517778_thumb.jpg

post-16535-13589751778_thumb.jpg

I put the word out that I'm looking for a copy of that magazine. They are just too cute.

Hi Alesha! If you have not found a copy of the magazine yet, I thought you might be interested in a new pattern on Ravelry : Crazy Dinosaur Mohawk Beanie: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crazy-dinosaur-mohawk-beanie It is very close to the one in Crochet Today and it is available on etsy.

Hmmm.....NM it seems while I was making the post she sold out! Not sure how you sell out of a pdf file dl, but maybe she will have it back up again soon. Hope I did not just get your hopes up to dash them again.

Oh my gosh I have that issue and paid no attention to that pattern. Those hats are adorable and of course I have to make my godson one of them now...wait then I have to make two in girl colors for my god daughters lol. I'm glad I saw these now I'm inspired to make these.

• 1 month later...

I just saw the 2 little boys I gave these too and the hats were holding up great. I wondered how well the stiffener would hold under some serious play, but after almost 3 months in a house with rambunctious boys...they still look like they did the day I gave them...so I was thrilled. I used crafters pick stiffener from HL. This was such a quick pattern and easy to make. I saw the hats on the little guys at an open house I attended and had several moms interested in getting some for their little dinos

I was able to get a hold of a copy of the magazine. I can't wait to try it. I'll have to find some stiffener - we don't have HL. boo!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my gosh those are SO sweet! I really want to make one for my son now. I'll have to dig back through my stash and see if I have that issue. Great job!

Archived