Read Post #613 (52 Projects in 52 Weeks!)

tahlara

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you everyone so very much for the compliments!!!

The Sunflower purse design came from a pic on *pinsandneedles* blog.

Melanie: WOW! What great work! Those are just too darn neat!!!

Kendall: How absolutely adorable!!!

Anuradha: What a cute purse and frog!!!!

Lindsay: OMGoodness………. what great afghans!!!

Look at all the projects getting done… my goodness… how neat!

:heart

:mug

52 in 52 ~ 7/52

32 pennies in the cup!

Hello! Jacob'smommy, it's never too late to join this thread. :) It start whenever and endever (Is it a word?) you want it to be. ;)

Love your projects, Lindsay!

I don't think I will have any FOs coming up anytime soon. But I feel good about the progress on my WIPs. I have no crafting time for a week, thanks to workload and travelling between work locations. I hope to make up for it later this week, two days off from work and a free Sunday.

I am going to finish a square and go off to bed so early tonight. Tomorrow will be an extra long day! I will be out from 8 am to 10 pm tomorrow. I will do my best to be around often. I decide I will ship the finished wristlets/headband set later this month when I have some spare time. It's just because I do have her mailing address. I hope she will like it. :)

Good night!

Oh gosh, that's so gorgeous! :drool What will be your finish?

I am going to try finish all sc squares for LB's Jackson Square afghan today. I have the SnB meetup tonight where I will work on my hat.

At work, I was so bored that I brainstorm some challenges for this year. I really am excited about them. It should be fun. :devil For now, I will stick to the pennies in the cup challenge for this month. So far I have 25 pennies in my cup. :)

]My cup is filling up!! :lol I actually went back to the beginning of the month and figured out what I owed myself instead of starting on the 5th or 6th. The snowstorms we've been hit with have kept me inside with lots of time to crochet. My commute for work is a 2 hours round trip and with the weather I've been working from home a lot so those extra 2 hours have been really nice for crocheting.

I just finished a babyghan for my coworker. She's due next month so there's not much time to spare. :) The fringe is pink & yellow because she's having a girl.

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz13/oh-lmm/crochet/DSCN0030.jpg[/img]"]DSCN0030.jpg

:) Thanks for the nice comments I am really enjoying the CAL everyone is so friendly!

Tami - I really do love your sunflower I am taking a picture of it so I can try to copy it sometime. I have no bright yellow yarn so it will have to wait until I am buying more :yarn! I tried foraging in Mum's needlepoint wools and she did have some bright yellow but we didn't think it would be enough and she said that she needed it or any birds she stitched would be beakless!:D

Diane - Gosh you do work some very long hours. But you get lots of crochet done considering your hectic work schedule. I have one FO to share today and that will be me for a while too as I need to start some new projects now! Good work on your pennies building up!:clap

Sherri - I love your afghan with the fancy stitches all in different colours. Amazing work I can only make grannies so all the fancy stitch work I get to see here is a real treat!

Lisa - Good for you going back to the beginning of February to count your pennies why treat yourself of your treats!:D Your baby blanket for your co-worker looks great. Well done on doing that pretty fringing it takes ages :eek but always looks so pretty!

I have one more FO to share:

8/52 - Crocheted Cover For A Second Hand Foot Stool

I am hoping to do the February Charity Blitz weekend which starts today as I want to make some squares using my ever growing pile of scrap yarn!!! It means I will be around this weekend so can say hello and admire the FOs!

Happy Crocheting!:hook

sherri, a beauty of a blanket! :cheer

lindsay-pretty foot stool cover. :manyheart - a creative idea.:hook

ladies I am sadly having to take a break from crochet. i will have to be a cheerleader for a while. :yes i broke my middle finger -of crocheting hand :( my back door slammed on it & the knuckle took the main force. i am worried if my crocheting may be affected when it heals. I hope just a couple of weeks rest & splinting will give it the time to heal and swelling to go down.

sorry for my poor post grammar not using the caps key.

sherri, a beauty of a blanket! :cheer

lindsay-pretty foot stool cover. :manyheart - a creative idea.:hook

ladies I am sadly having to take a break from crochet. i will have to be a cheerleader for a while. :yes i broke my middle finger -of crocheting hand :( my back door slammed on it & the knuckle took the main force. i am worried if my crocheting may be affected when it heals. I hope just a couple of weeks rest & splinting will give it the time to heal and swelling to go down.

sorry for my poor post grammar not using the caps key.

Thanks. :)

Shell, I'm so sorry to hear about your broken finger. Hope you heal soon. :hug

I have a half day off from work today. Things should slow down a bit. The company is in transition phase which demand a lot of hours in 90 days. :)

Lindsay - I really like the foot stool, very cleverly done!

Stell - Maybe learning how to crochet with the other hand ;) ? (Ex: if right handed, learn how to left handed crochet.)

I am doing some serious flyladying this afternoon, then I would catch up with my Crochet Game afghan. I really want to do about 4 more squares today. :xfin If I have some spare time left in the day, I plan to work a bit on the hat or a LTK square

I finished another lapghan....couldn't find anything in thread that thrilled me at this time.....so made this, it is cotton, white/white with red/green specks, simple 5dc shell....bought the yarn at Christmas time... Now I think I will make a shamrock doily for St Pattys day... so # 7 done

post-9781-135897506294_thumb.jpg

Good Afternoon all……………

Sherri …..Your afghan came out so cool!!!!

Lisa……………That baby’ghan is sweet! I love the fringe!

Lindsay…….Thanks for the compliment on the sunflower purse… it was really fun to create! I want to make other flower purses too. That footstool cover is awesome!!!! Wow!

Shell………. OMGosh… hon………..how awful! You poor thing! Do take care!!!

Anu…….. that is a really neat rug!!!!

Oh Vonnie……….. I love that lapghan!

I’m keepin’ busy with my projects for the “Games”

When I get these done… I’ll be able to add them to my list!

But for right now… I’m adding these two dishcloths that are swap items to my list.. bringing me to 9/52

post-18634-135897506349_thumb.jpg

52 in 52 ~ 9/52

team original design

team flannel’ghan

Good Afternoon all……………

Sherri …..Your afghan came out so cool!!!!

Lisa……………That baby’ghan is sweet! I love the fringe!

Lindsay…….Thanks for the compliment on the sunflower purse… it was really fun to create! I want to make other flower purses too. That footstool cover is awesome!!!! Wow!

Shell………. OMGosh… hon………..how awful! You poor thing! Do take care!!!

Anu…….. that is a really neat rug!!!!

Oh Vonnie……….. I love that lapghan!

I’m keepin’ busy with my projects for the “Games”

When I get these done… I’ll be able to add them to my list!

But for right now… I’m adding these two dishcloths that are swap items to my list.. bringing me to 9/52

[ATTACH]16793[/ATTACH]

52 in 52 ~ 9/52

team original design

team flannel’ghan

Nice dishcloths!

what bear pattern you using? i would like to see one.

Sorry, I've been busy. I am using the Bear In A Jif pattern off of Lion. It is pretty good. I have used three different yarns and it makes a difference in the final look of the bear. I've got three more to make so I am sure I will be an expert. Then all the cousins will have matching bears.

I finished a third bear this week, but nothing else. So, 20 out of 52. Plus I am half-way thru a kitchen towel for my mom and have the stuff and patterns for the clovers.

Hello everybody! I hope the weekend went well. :yes

My weekend was so full that I barely have time to knit four rows of a ripple afghan, and few rows of my Hip to be Square afghan while I watch "Terribly Happy", a subtitled movie tonight.

I don't have any FOs close to be done. Sounds like a broken record here! So far, I did a bit by bit on some WIPs in turns. Progress is still progress. ;)

This week, I plan to work on few squares, a special olympic scarf and a hat. I'm off to finish a hdc square and few more rows on an afghan in front of tv tonight.

Nite nite!

I just finished these two St Patty's day doilies, I got tired of working with yarn and decided to make a couple of doilies... I won't put them in my totals because those are just lapghans I am making for the Chemo unit... ok here are the doilies:

They are done with size 10 thread size 7 hook

1st one is from Orientalmom's Original crochet volume 1 called Shamrock Doily( I have made every pattern in this mag several times,,,love them)

2nd one is from Magic Crochet # 66 and is the center rows out of a doily called Real Gem....

I think they came out very well....now to make a couple more little ones to finish my decorating then back to my lapghans..

Thanks for looking

post-9781-135897506915_thumb.jpg

post-9781-135897506918_thumb.jpg

Archived