Read Post #613 (52 Projects in 52 Weeks!)

tahlara

I think I will join in too! Though my goal will be a modest 1 per month starting for Feb. I love that I can include my needlepoint as well. :clap

Let's see what I have to complete this year:

4 sweaters/jackets

1 pair tunisian socks

hat

baby afghan

Granny scrapghan

3 needlepoints

Hey, that's exactly 11 projects. :hook

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished The Pineapple Doily this afternoon. I haven't blocked it yet, but it is definitely more on the centerpiece size of things.

Sherri that is gorgous, love the pinepples and your colors....TFS:cheer

I finished The Pineapple Doily this afternoon. I haven't blocked it yet, but it is definitely more on the centerpiece size of things.

OMGoodness......... that is absolutely beautiful!!!

:heart

:mug

I'm never a very good poster, but I read all the time!! And you guys are all doing amazing! SHerri, I have to say I love your quilts, and your doily is just beautiful! I have made a few things with thread, but they are few and far between cuz they kill my hands! I haven't gotten anything finished lately, but I have started several things!! :think I hope quite a few will be done next week!!

Sherri, your pineapple doily is beautiful. Thanks for posting the photo. It's lovely to look at.

Have got a preemie blanket almost ready to send, and a burial blanket getting close.

Sherri, the doily is gorgeous!

I haven't finished anything else this month, I'll have to finish three things in February to be on track.

Hello!:)

teakaycee - thanks for the nice comments. I like your dishcloths never thought to use black they are very striking and your son's doll project is excellent! Tell him it looks like A+ work to me!

tahlara - sorry to hear you have some problems as the moment.:( Well done on meeting your FO targets and I will check in tomorrow to see what th fun challenge is!

tralee - thanks for the pattern info for the pencil scarf and for the nice comments about by blanket.

kaziy - I hope you feel better soon!

Tia - welcome and good luck with all your target projects!

ShefnJerri - your pineapple doily is amazing such fine work so delicate and pretty!

I am busy doing some bordering on blankets :hookso have nothing to share right now. Happy crafting and I hope everyone is having a good Sunday!

My first February finish is the All Season Throw found on Lion Brand's website. http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/90079AD.html I really wanted to make it with non traditional colors, but DIL didn't like my choices so I had her pick what she liked from my stash and she decided on color placement. I changed the border to something a little more girly.

post-13672-135897500796_thumb.jpg

Beautiful blanket! I really like the colors combination. :yes

I totally forgot about the Feburary challenge. I will be back tonight with the details. :blush

Yesterday, I bought enough yarn for two blankets and one hat. :D I am chugging on my WIPs though. I have to go to Joanne's to get some tapestry needles. I can't find them anywhere in my place. :rolleyes

I have to run some errands and do some telecommuting. Be back tonight.

Oh, before I forgot.... One of my January FOs. I can't share photos of the rest until they are shipped tomorrow. It's a LTK square in beige.

post-10687-135897500848_thumb.jpg

Yes, it's a knitted square. It's a square from the book, "Learn to Knit" Afghan, by Barbara Walker. It's a great way to learn different things per square, to improve the knitting skills. I advise the beginners to get it if they can. It's a long progress to do the whole blanket but it teach patience and endurance for bigger projects. :yes

The February challenge is optional, just something to keep the spirits up while trying to finish up the yearly goals in this thread. :)

Another night while I went to sleep, I have this weird idea. I am sure it has been done in the past.

What about the piggy bank concept ? Add a dollar to the jar or piggy bank for different types of accomplishment. In end of this month, the money is used as a reward for something that is desired such as a mini vacation, more yarn, eBook Reader, nice clothes or shoes, DVDs, etc.

If anyone want to do it, I can share more details tonight. :) I want to do it very simple and easy, no pressure or guilt involved.

Evening all.............

Hope you all are doing good!

I have been tending to a horrible headache.... trying to power through........ :sigh It hurts!

Sherri: that is absolutely beautiful!!! the colors are fantastic!!!

Diane: Love that square!!! Cant wait to see more!!

I was able to finish my "Hip to be Square" afghan after all giving me another project done! Whew!

It was made with Caron One Pounder 'Lace' I used all but a scrap ball worth of the pound! So this is a one pound 'ghan! :D

post-18634-135897501224_thumb.jpg

52 in 52: 5/52

Thanks, Ladies. :)

Tam, that is a cool blanket. :applause

Diane, love the LTK square. :clap

Thanks hon!!! :manyheart

Great job on that afghan Tam, it's lovely! :cheer

Hope your head feels better. :hug

Aww... thanks dear!!!:hug

I hope it does too........ this is getting rough!

I'm over 2/3 of the way done with the babyghan I'm working on. When I sent the pink & yellow one to my SIL, my little nephew (he'll be 2 in April) loved it. He put it over his head and was walking around like a 'little, pink ghost'. :lol So I decided to whip one up for him. (I wasn't crocheting when he was born or he would've gotten one then).

Evening all.............

Hope you all are doing good!

I have been tending to a horrible headache.... trying to power through........ :sigh It hurts!

[ATTACH]16002[/ATTACH]

52 in 52: 5/52

I'm there with you on the headache. Mine is on day 3 now. Hope it goes away soon.:hug

I'm there with you on the headache. Mine is on day 3 now. Hope it goes away soon.:hug

Aww hon........I'm sorry! :hug

well... I'll be prayin' for you along with myself for the headaches to GO AWAY!

makes it rough to focus.... :(

Well... I have 2 strips done on my hubbys Valentine afghan.... and 3 of the 30 squares needed for another afghan I'm doing :whew

off to refill my :mug and get back to crocheting!

Hi everybody. I guess no one's interested in Feburary challenge. It's okay. :)

I have another challenge if anyone is in the crochet games. ;)

Tam, I hope you will get my PM soon. I hope to do that blanket very soon. I am going to a movie theater in an hour. :lol I need details!

I don't have any FOs yet. I am going to make some small stash buster projects.

Archived