Read Post #613 (52 Projects in 52 Weeks!)

tahlara

The February challenge is optional, just something to keep the spirits up while trying to finish up the yearly goals in this thread. :)

Another night while I went to sleep, I have this weird idea. I am sure it has been done in the past.

What about the piggy bank concept ? Add a dollar to the jar or piggy bank for different types of accomplishment. In end of this month, the money is used as a reward for something that is desired such as a mini vacation, more yarn, eBook Reader, nice clothes or shoes, DVDs, etc.

If anyone want to do it, I can share more details tonight. :) I want to do it very simple and easy, no pressure or guilt involved.

Here is the Feburary challenge. The idea is enabling self for completing the FOs in different ways.

I have some ideas. Of course, it is different for everybody.

1. Put a dollar in the tip jar daily, just because a day counts as an accomplishment!

2. Put a dollar for a FO completed.

3. Put a dollar for at least a hour of crafting for the day.

4. Put a dollar for using up a skein or ball of yarn.

5. Put a dollar for doing everything mentioned in the list in a day!

The idea is 1-5 dollars per day for 28 days. We can start it in March if you all prefer it. I still have few challenges for Feburary.

Side note: No, there will not be additional dollars for each hour of crafting, number of skeins or FOs in a day. I want to keep this challenge simple and reasonable. The dollars amount is confidental. The code of honor will be used in the challenge. There will be no dollars withdrawl until the final day of challenge. :)

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For anyone who is on tight budget, go with what feel right such as 25 cent.

Update: I started more projects. :blush I start a Hip to be Square blanket and a hat. The blanket was so fun as it's my first time knitting in the movie theater. I watched a subtitled movie, 'White Ribbon'. It's a great movie, 2.5 hours long and even paced.

I hope to finish at least 1 LTK square this weekend. Other projects are rather large, so it will be a while. I plan to do small projects for instant gratification later.

Hi Everyone!:D How is the:crocheting Going?

SheffinJerri -I love your striped blanket that is so fun the colours are great!

Tahlara - Your finished knitted squares is lovely. What a great idea a book that improves your knitting skills as you build up squares for an afghan! I can't manage the February challenge I'm afraid as my budget is too tight and I get obsessive about things and would take the simple and fun part out of the challenge pretty quickly. But good luck with your saving up it will be fun to hear what you treat yourself too at the end of the month.:)

Teakaycee - your 'Hip to Be Square' blanket is really nice. It looks amazing and with the change from stocking stitch to garter stitch must have been fun to knit? I would have gone wrong somewhere and had a knit stitch where I needed a purl :think as knitting is not really my area but it worked out so nicely. I love it when you buy yarn for a project and it gets used up without loads left over it stops some of the yarn buying guilt and also the little extra balls guilt!:D

teakaycee and tralee - I hope those headaches have both gone it is miserable! having headaches for days on end! :(

Imm77- that is nice that your nephew liked the blanket you made and so now is getting one for made for himself. I laughed at the little pink ghost image!:D Have you thought of colours/patterns yet for it? Are you buying yarn especially or using up some stash? :hook

Well I have 2 more FOs both pram blankets made with squares that got finished during the Charity Blast Weekend in January. All I did was crochet them together and add edging/bordering so they were fun and fast to finish. Now I am working on squares for a blanket with red in it as with Valentine's Day around I am seeing red everywhere and it put me in the mood to crochet with it!:manyheart

Here is my 2/52 FO and here is my 3/52 FO!

Bye for now!:)

Here is the Feburary challenge. The idea is enabling self for completing the FOs in different ways.

1. Put a dollar in the tip jar daily, just because a day counts as an accomplishment!

The idea is 1-5 dollars per day for 28 days. We can start it in March if you all prefer it. I still have few challenges for Feburary.

Side note: No, there will not be additional dollars for each hour of crafting, number of skeins or FOs in a day. I want to keep this challenge simple and reasonable. The dollars amount is confidental. The code of honor will be used in the challenge. There will be no dollars withdrawl until the final day of challenge. :)

I think it's a great personal challenge. Just not sure if I can stick with it this month. Olympic games may call for an additional yarn purchase.

Mornin’………

I’m in. If you don’t mind… I’m going to use pennies in a coffee cup to keep track of my “dollars” So the pennies will be like tokens to keep count. And at the end of the month… how ever many pennies I have… I’ll take that much in dollars and go treat myself! Sound okay?

Thanks for a neat idea/game to make staying on track fun!

:heart

:mug

This challenge can be done in any month. I will be glad to do it again later in the year.

Tam - I really like your idea. It sounds more practical. :yes I will start it today and see if this challenge work. I am not going to count previous days.

Consider this challenge a test run this month. :yes

I was working on my hat. Now I am not happy with it. Too many little flaws in it drives me nuts. I am rather a perfectionist. I was going to show off this hat at Stitches West end of this month.

I think I will frog it later. Too many WIPs is calling me. Luckily, I have next two days off. :)

How's everybody with their FOs ?

I LOVE this idea!!! I'd like to do this every month. :)

Imm77- that is nice that your nephew liked the blanket you made and so now is getting one for made for himself. I laughed at the little pink ghost image!:D Have you thought of colours/patterns yet for it? Are you buying yarn especially or using up some stash? :hook

I wish his mom would've gotten pictures of him being the little pink ghost. He's such a little character. :manyheart

I'm actually using the same pattern. When he goes to sleep now, he always takes a pillow sham with him. It's his binkie. But he really likes the lace edging on it and he loves to put his fingers through the holes. The pattern I made for his new sister is very open so I thought it would be wonderful for him as well. And I'm very proud to say that I'm using up stash on it!! His will be a little smaller than the one for Baby Girl (her name is still up in the air) because I only have 3 skeins of it but I know he'll still love it. His is being made from Bernat Softee Baby in His Jeans Ombre. I can't wait to finish it and send it off to him. :)

3 pennies in the cup for me yesterday! J

The Valentine Flannel’ghan I’m working on for hubby is coming along nicely! I’ll have another project to add to my count soon! :yay

post-18634-13589750229_thumb.jpg

3 pennies in the cup for me yesterday! J

The Valentine Flannel’ghan I’m working on for hubby is coming along nicely! I’ll have another project to add to my count soon! :yay

[ATTACH]16114[/ATTACH]

It looks great!

That look great! I don't have enough pennies as spare change. I know it's hard to believe. :lol Instead, I use any spare change for counting each coin as a point.

As I don't hear from my friend about her commission, I am not sure if I can ship them. Here is the picture of my January FOs, the one I cannot share last month. A pair of cable wristlets (cables are reversed to be symmetrical) and a headband as a bonus surprise.

post-10687-135897502306_thumb.jpg

That look great! I don't have enough pennies as spare change. I know it's hard to believe. :lol Instead, I use any spare change for counting each coin as a point.

As I don't hear from my friend about her commission, I am not sure if I can ship them. Here is the picture of my January FOs, the one I cannot share last month. A pair of cable wristlets (cables are reversed to be symmetrical) and a headband as a bonus surprise.

Very nice, Diane. Love the color! :clap

Tam~ your flannelghan is looking awesome. I love this pattern. I made one for my brother-in-law last year for Christmas in black and silver gray. He is a Raiders fan. It worked up really fast. Worst part for me was joining the panels and that wasn't too bad. I'm sure you will have no problem finishing by Valentine's Day. He's gonna love it!

Diane~ your wristwarmers and headband are great. Love the color too.

Archived