Read Post #613 (52 Projects in 52 Weeks!)

tahlara

Hello, I thought I will start the thread for anyone who want to challenge themselves to complete many projects in a year!

The guildlines: (will be revised over time)

1. Complete the number of the projects you can do in a year. Keep the goal realistic. It doesn't matter when you start the challenge. (Ex. 25 projects in Jan 9, 2010 to Jan 9 2011)

2. Projects can be in any crafts: quilting, weaving, x cross, crocheting, knitting, beading, wood painting, etc.

3. Please share the photos if you can. Encouragements and advice/tips are mandatory. ;)

4. It doesn't matter how big or small projects are, just focus on the numbers you want to do. It doesn't matter if it 's birthday, xmas, halloween, baby shower, any theme gifts.

5. Please take advantage of this thread to complete the WIPs and UFOs if you like to go in that direction. Do whatever works for you.

6. It's okay if you want to overlap this thread with others as long as you can try to finish your goal.

7. If you like to do a signature, do what make sense to you. I plan to do it this way - 52in52 thread: 0 FOs

8. And.... have fun doing it! :cheer

I plan to do some fun challenges periodically to keep the motivation going on in this thread. Anyone interested ?

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Diane, this sounds like a wonderful idea! I, for one, could use the motivation.... I also like that you can cross it over with other CAL's. Kind of like a central "tracking" place, and a chance to make some new friends!:tup

So, count me in!

I have one for me! 80 in 63 days! I am making bookmarks for a ladies retreat in March and need to stay motivated. Soooo, I am joining! I have 63 days until the retreat and thankfully I am making an easy bookmark. It is the fan bookmark and after I make a couple of them, I don't need to pattern any more. I have 3 done. 77 more to go!!!

Wow, it's so cool to see some people here. :D

Trish, great to see you here! Do what make you feel comfortable, even if it's one project per a year. ;)

Mandi - 24 projects in a year sound like a good start!

Angelsmith - I have to admit your goal took me back for a minute. :lol Go for it! How long will it take you to complete a bookmark ? Now I wonder what will be your goal after the bookmarks. :yes (assuming you wish to continue playing in this CAL ;))

For the rest who will go for 52 projects as me, that's awesome. :)

For now, I plan to work on a pair of knitted warm wristers and crocheted blanket (Joanne's sensation boucle) that is in basketweave stitch (my own design). Also, I want to start at least 1-2 squares for Learn to Knit afghan by Barbara Walker this month. I have a thread version of stitch sampler (or Lace and Bobbles) that I want to start this weekend.

What about you all ?

I'm working on a baby-ghan right now with some Red Heart from my stash. I hope to have it and maybe another done before the month is up.

:hi Jessica and newcomers!

I didn't touch my crafts yet. However, I will be home tonight where they are waiting for my personal TLC.

I will wait 1-2 more days for people to check out this thread. Then I can get things fired up! :)

Project # 1: Lace and Bobbles/sampler afghan for me for my family room:D

Project # 2: a pair of mittens in Grey heather.

Those are what I am signing up for for right now... I finished a scarf the night before last, and got to use it today... Man! It was :wbrr out!

Have a great night, everyone...

I will join too...I make baby afghans and lapghans for the hospital, so I will go with two a month, just because I have to make doilies inbetween....love to crochet with thread too... not sure how I can add the thread stuff in...

How funny to see this thread! Aggie May and I have been discussing something just like this!

I"m in!

My goal is an afghan or crocheted edged fleece ghan for the NICU for every week up to the week I deliver, which is usually the week after Thanksgiving. So, I think that means I"ve got 48 weeks in total this year.

I've alreay got 2 done and am working on my third.

I think I wanna join this one too! It sounds like fun. Can I cheat and say I started yesterday?:lol Cuz I made a skinny scarf and a cowl yesterday, so that would be 2 done!!

I think I'll go for the 52 as well. I'm working on a blanket right now that I want to enter in the Vanna contest.

I will join too...I make baby afghans and lapghans for the hospital, so I will go with two a month, just because I have to make doilies inbetween....love to crochet with thread too... not sure how I can add the thread stuff in...

Please feel free to add thread stuff to your goal. The guidelines mentioned in the post #1 is really flexible. I found out that it's easier to start with the smaller goal. Will it be easy to make a goal for 2 blankets per month and add the doilies as a fun bonus point ?

Hmm, I think I have a great idea for weekly exercises later in the year. :hook

Hi Diane!!! :hug I was just thinking about you today wondering where you were hiding.

Hmmm for this month I have a goal of finishing:

Ami Teapot © (should be done tonight I hope)

2 mini turtle Ami's ©

1 scarf (k)

1 hat (k)

fire flower ami (if I don't run out of fiberfill again)

and two other small projects, I don't know what they are yet though :rofl they are for a swap on Ravelry where we get a mystery project every week.

Otherwise I will join you in the goal for 52 projects :yes and try to get more done since I plan on doing a fair bit of small and quick projects

This is a great idea.

I have already selected a goal for this year which is 24 NICU ghans (trying to double what I did last year). Also, I thought I would try matching hats this year. Throw in the beaded bookmarks I committed to and I can see me doing 52.

I'm in. Put me down for 52.

:yay Oh I am so in for this one! I started this on my own at the beginning of the year, keeping tabs on my phone. It will be nice to have some :cheer helping along the way. And with a name like simplyme5252 you know I have to go for 52 in 52.

On with the :crocheting and :knit

(edited to add this is my 52 post, what are the odds :lol)

Ok I called myself adding a pic of my FO's for this week, but I can't figure out how to make it show in the post. :lol I finished the pink & green scarf Sun morning. Then cast on the black & grey hat right afterwards. Finished it off Wed evening and started on the red one. Finished the red & grey Sat afternoon.

photo 5.jpg

Archived