Read Post #613 (52 Projects in 52 Weeks!)

tahlara

#14 and 15

I made a reindeer baby hat and a drumpad cover for another CAL.

:D That reindeer hat is so wonderful. I would love one for myself:lol as I am getting more eccentric each winter...must be the cold going to my brain. It is so cute!:)

Love the drum pad.... so that covers the drum kit while it is not in use right? And the bulls are a football team! Great work!

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks tralee and Lindsay. The shawl IS for ME ME ME!! lol. I never make anything for myself, so thats why it was a good challenge. The baby blanket I am in love with! Its from Spring 09 Interweave called Solas Caomh. I am afraid of cables....well, I WAS. Now I wanna find one just like it to fit me!!!

I'm glad the shawl is for you it is so pretty I hope you enjoy wearing it!:) And cables well done you... now you can find gorgeous pattern to make yourself a cabled blanket. I remember when I was stitching and learned how to make french knots (it took me ages!:think) then all I wanted was patterns to stitch that included french knots (or would let me add lots of them!) It is so satisfying to learn a new skill it makes you feel all :manyheart!

Just finished DH's afghan. He's curled up with it watching the end of the hockey game. :)

Lucky DH!:manyheart That is the fun part of crocheting something for someone you live with you get to see it being used as soon as it is finished!:lol I hope you will share a picture sometime as I would love to see it!:)

How is everyone today?

I have been busy with my 3 younger ones and school sports! :whew and trying to keep from going completely crazy with all the dumb family drama! *sheesh* sometimes … ya know?!

Anyway……… Thanks so much for all the compliments on my Baby Flannel’ghan! I’ve been trying to stay focused on getting things done… and have been able to get another dishcloth done and test a square that I will use for a charity need.

Lindsay………LOVE those blankets!!!! Very cool use of left over sock yarn!

tralee…. Those are great bookmarks!!! ^5 and awesome baby gown!!! That drumpad is too cool! And I love the reindeer hat!!!!

Oh Vonnie………. What a beautiful ripple’ghan!!!! Love the double side!

jacob’smommy………. Those ami characters are too cute!!!!

Melanie………. LOVE your shawl and baby blanket… Very Nice!

#11 dishcloth

post-18634-135897509822_thumb.jpg

#12 charity square

post-18634-135897509841_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

52 in 52 ~ 12/52

Lucky DH!:manyheart That is the fun part of crocheting something for someone you live with you get to see it being used as soon as it is finished!:lol I hope you will share a picture sometime as I would love to see it!:)

Your wish is my command!! :lol

This is a picture I took while it was a WIP, I just repeated the pattern Caron Pounder Black, Caron Perfect Match Sunflower, Caron Pounder Black, Red Heart Cornmeal until it was a length he liked. It's just a HDC in the back loop. :)

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz13/oh-lmm/crochet/DSCN0032.jpg

Tam~ I love the dishcloths. Believe it or not, I have never made one. Do you use them for yourself or gift them?

Lisa~ lovely afghan!

Here is my #16. It is an O Christmas Tree Baby Hat that can also be used as a Christmas decoration. I hope you like it. I designed it myself which is kind of new to me.

post-6187-135897509916_thumb.jpg

post-6187-135897509919_thumb.jpg

Tam- Sorry to hear you are having family dramas!:( At least you have your crochet to keep you sane!:) Your dishcloth and charity square look great!:D

Lisa -:lol I almost fell over when I give commands most people laugh or look incredulous:lol:think:D Your DH's blanket is great. I love the yellow and black together very sharp for a man but sunny and cheerful in your living room!

Tralee - very cute tree! Great idea a hat this is also a decoration!:)

Anu - good luck with your work on the dress :hookI can't wait to see it when it is done is it a baby dress?

I have no FO's to share as I am trying to put together blankets from scrap yarn squares and I have not been making much progress. This is mainly because I started a new blanket in pinks at the same time which I am enjoying more than the messy scrap squares!:eek Hopefully I will have something to share after the weekend.

I hope you all have a good weekend!:D

Lisa -:lol I almost fell over when I give commands most people laugh or look incredulous:lol:think:D Your DH's blanket is great. I love the yellow and black together very sharp for a man but sunny and cheerful in your living room!

We're big fans of the Pittsburgh pro sports teams so black & yellow (gold) is a very popular color combination in our home. Even our wedding was black & gold. :lol

I'm very happy with the afghan and astounded by how quickly it worked up.

wow...this is interesting. I have a horrible habit of starting projects and not finishing them. x__x

I should set some kind of personal goal. By this time next week I should have my cat finished. ^__^

Hello everybody. I have to say my apologies for disappearing into thin air last few weeks. I was going through a bad period which cause the loss of my job last week. I took a weekend out-of-town trip. It really make me feel better about things.

This week, I will take it easy while I run some neglected errands. Anyone want to volunteer to do deep cleaning at my place ? I will trade my whole yarn stash for the labor! :lol

For the pennies collector challenge: I got 38 'pennies' in mine. :) I might save it for my savings for an e-reader. I am not sure which one, kindle or nook.

Give me 1-2 days before I can set up the March challenge officially. It will be a freeform crochet based on a CAL that I saw on Ravelry. It will be best if you are already a Ravelry member.

If not a Ravelry member, I do have another challenge. It will be a simple challenge. I call it a March Madness challenge. :D

Of course, those challenges are optional. It's done in fun! Please let me know if you still want to do the pennies challenge. All I ask is move the dollars to a safe place (such as an envelope), so it will not be used up by accident. No point to do the challenge if there is no dollars to spend on yourself ?

Hugs, all of you. I was so glad that this CAL is not fading away. Thank you for keeping it alive. It meant a lot to me as a host. :manyheart

I haven't been a member here long, nor have I been involved in many CALs, but this one is awesome!!! I got through a ton of my WIPS because of it and now I'm not afraid to have many things on the go.

Take care of yourself, Diane. Us and your WIPs will always be here for you!! :hug

tralee: love the bag:manyheart great color combination. i am also thinking of making a bag but still have to finalize the color and i am confused:think may be i'll be using some shade of green.

as on the progress of the dress for my girl, my yarn is finished and as i am using stash yarn i am looking for the remedy. it is almost finished, i hope to post it till next week.

Hello everybody. I have to say my apologies for disappearing into thin air last few weeks. I was going through a bad period which cause the loss of my job last week. I took a weekend out-of-town trip. It really make me feel better about things.

This week, I will take it easy while I run some neglected errands. Anyone want to volunteer to do deep cleaning at my place ? I will trade my whole yarn stash for the labor! :lol

For the pennies collector challenge: I got 38 'pennies' in mine. :) I might save it for my savings for an e-reader. I am not sure which one, kindle or nook.

Give me 1-2 days before I can set up the March challenge officially. It will be a freeform crochet based on a CAL that I saw on Ravelry. It will be best if you are already a Ravelry member.

If not a Ravelry member, I do have another challenge. It will be a simple challenge. I call it a March Madness challenge. :D

Of course, those challenges are optional. It's done in fun! Please let me know if you still want to do the pennies challenge. All I ask is move the dollars to a safe place (such as an envelope), so it will not be used up by accident. No point to do the challenge if there is no dollars to spend on yourself ?

Hugs, all of you. I was so glad that this CAL is not fading away. Thank you for keeping it alive. It meant a lot to me as a host. :manyheart

Lovely to see you back Diane. :)Sorry you are going through some tough times at the moment :(and I am glad a weekend away helped some.:hug I am with Lisa I have not had much experience with CALs before and I love this one as you can fit what you are doing into it and everyone is nice to each other... you don't get that everywhere so you are doing a great job as host! :manyheart

I finally have some FOs to share::clap

11 & 12/52: Two Doll Blankets For Mum's Charity Knitted Doll Sets

13/52: Rose Pink Multi Giant Granny Blanket

My work basket still looks ugly though....too many projects started :eekand as I want to start more right away:blush I need to get busy!:hook

I finally have some FOs to share::clap

11 & 12/52: Two Doll Blankets For Mum's Charity Knitted Doll Sets

13/52: Rose Pink Multi Giant Granny Blanket

My work basket still looks ugly though....too many projects started :eekand as I want to start more right away:blush I need to get busy!:hook

Lindsay, your projects turned out great! I just had to comment on your ugly work basket... I still have two totes and 3 drawers full of WIPs and keep starting more projects! It must be part of the crochet addiction. Let's get busy together,ok?

Thanks for all the nice comments on my bag. It is actually quite roomy and would make a great project tote. I'm not one for joining motifs, but that one was pretty fun to make.

I have taken some time off from my hospital ghans, but have finished a afghan for my sisters new vacation home and also a couple of doilies, just needed to "feel the thread" I will see if I can take some pictures and share....everyone is doing great...I love this CAL

Well, I finished my bookmarks on Monday! They have been sent off and will be given out this weekend at the retreat. I, sadly, won't be able to go this year so I won't be abe to see their faces. They ended up needed 75 out of 80 that I thought they would need. It takes about 30-45 minutes to make one of them. Here they are...I can't remember whose pattern this is BUT....thanks so much!!!

post-11840-135897511405_thumb.jpg

post-11840-135897511675_thumb.jpg

jacob'smommy~ I love the train and the little chick. They turned out great!

angelsmith52~ Awesome bookmarks! I have been wanting to try that pattern.

# 19. Here is a newborn little princess crown. I made it for my husband's cousin that just had a baby girl. The next project that I am working on is a blanket for her as well.

post-6187-135897511815_thumb.jpg

Archived