Read Post #613 (52 Projects in 52 Weeks!)

tahlara

Here's an 8" square I did tonight which will be donated here on the forum. First time I've read a pattern for a square. Pic not loading but you can see it on my blog in my signature. 3/52

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished projects continued...The doll is a modification of an Elisabeth Doherty amigurumi pattern. The zigazag was inspired by a blog photo I saw.

Very cute doll and I LOVE:manyheart that blanket the zig zag looks amazing another thing I want to try (the list keeps growing!) :D

Here's 30-32. It's Princess of Twilight from Crochet Garden in 12 months size.

That set is simply beautiful! You must have a lot of skill with your crochet the stuff you make is so lovely!:)

That set is simply beautiful! You must have a lot of skill with your crochet the stuff you make is so lovely!:)

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment! Lisa's patterns are so easy to follow that it makes everyone look really talented.:)

>>Shanna~ those are great! How many do you plan on making?<<

Thanks!

There are 25-35 families in our hospital's NICU at any given time and I am wanting to have at least one blanket and hat for each family at the time of the donation. My youngest was in the NICU for 11 days last fall and we were given a gift by a family who had been there the year before. It was such a sweet blessing to us. So my goal is to collect at least 35 homemade blankets and hats.

Personally I have made 6 each so far. I've collected 10 others and know of at least 5 more that are finished and waiting for me to pick up. So I only have about 14 more to go. I've just completed an 8 week class teaching a group of homeschooled girls to crochet and they helped by making some blankets. I've also been giving one day classes to teach moms and their children the basics of crochet and how to make a simple dc blanket. (Some of the moms already know the basics so I'm showing them how to make ripples and granny squares.) It's been a lot of fun and a project I'll definitely consider doing again and again!

>>Shanna~ those are great! How many do you plan on making?<<

Thanks!

There are 25-35 families in our hospital's NICU at any given time and I am wanting to have at least one blanket and hat for each family at the time of the donation. My youngest was in the NICU for 11 days last fall and we were given a gift by a family who had been there the year before. It was such a sweet blessing to us. So my goal is to collect at least 35 homemade blankets and hats.

Personally I have made 6 each so far. I've collected 10 others and know of at least 5 more that are finished and waiting for me to pick up. So I only have about 14 more to go. I've just completed an 8 week class teaching a group of homeschooled girls to crochet and they helped by making some blankets. I've also been giving one day classes to teach moms and their children the basics of crochet and how to make a simple dc blanket. (Some of the moms already know the basics so I'm showing them how to make ripples and granny squares.) It's been a lot of fun and a project I'll definitely consider doing again and again!

It is great to combine your charity project goal with teaching that must be really satisfying. Your lastest blanket and hat sets look great!:)

Here is number 14 for me. I loved making her. She was kidnapped as soon as she was done lol.

So cute... no wonder she got kidnapped (or is itturtle-napped?!:D)

Here is Number 15. I was lucky to also get to test Miss Dragon for Sanda. Here she is. Just to let you know, she was also kidnapped. I didn't think I was going to be able to take pictures of her lol.

post-20181-135897530501_thumb.jpg

post-20181-135897530504_thumb.jpg

Three more projects to add to my list of finishes. One cross-stitch by M Designs and two baby afghans from Leisure Arts' Our Best Baby Afghans Book: Wee Irish and Pastel Waves.

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/47460/2675997860094065822S200x200Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb56.webshots.com/11703/2224940210094065822S200x200Q85.jpg

http://inlinethumb01.webshots.com/47168/2473722440094065822S200x200Q85.jpg

Is it too late for someone new to join this thread? I was just making my list of stuff that I need to get done... most before Christmas. On the list there are about 10-12 afghans :eek and then some smaller projects.

I really need some motivation to get these done!!!!!

Welcome to the group, Alnee! It's never too late! (That is alot of afghan hooking though!:eek)

SheffnJerri~ your projects are great! I love the colors in the afghans.

Is it too late for someone new to join this thread? I was just making my list of stuff that I need to get done... most before Christmas. On the list there are about 10-12 afghans :eek and then some smaller projects.

I really need some motivation to get these done!!!!!

Welcome to the group, Alnee. :cheerCheering you on :cheer

Archived