Read Post #613 (52 Projects in 52 Weeks!)

tahlara

Vonnie, those are very cheery. Congratulations!

My scarves to donate are all dry now and ready to be delivered.

Baby blankets getting close.

Lap robe, potholder and scarf for a friend in UFO status.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I finished another teddy bear.

I am at 16 out of 52. Yeah! I've not no WIP. But I am starting on some hearts for my DS to hand out to all his "girlfriends." I'm going to put a pin on the back so they make pins. My DS is 2, so all his girlfriends are my age! Then I am going to make myself a lunch bag. (I got the job!!!) Then back to teddy bears. I've got 3 more to make (all me nephews are getting one for Christmas this year!)

But my progress is seriously slowed as my job is taking so much of my time. This CAL is awesome because it makes me finish at least one thing a week and I am up on completed projects from last year. Now to figure out how to post pictures.

well got 2 more down. forgot pics again. I can never remeber to take them

I did a v-stich hat for my neice and a scrap blanket for my big guy (wild now tamed outside kitty) to use in his bed.

the projects you guys are finishing are awesome. I have a few on my to do list. keep up the great work.

Whooo! I just finish a bath dishcloth, the long one to cover my chest for extra privacy if someone dare to interrupt me during my bathtub soak.

I was going to make another one. But my friend (who make this request) ask only for one. She's an invalid who often have nurses come to her bedroom for her sponge baths. Hence the request for the bath cloth, however she changed her mind. She got several sets as a gift from another friend.

So I am keeping this one for myself. I really am pleased with Bernet 'one pounder' cotton. I got one in purple, tan and white ombres. I really like it enough to ponder making a cotton tank top, summer top or a market bag. I will post a photo tomorrow as it's late tonight.

My first FO for Feburary, whoo! :cheer

Just my bedtime, I got another FO. :D I made an I-cord necklace that have the yarn-cutter charm tied to it.

Once, I will take a photo of it and share it in the morning. :)

Nite nitey!

Mornin’ all……….

How is everyone this fine snowy morning? J

Well………..10 pennies in the cup so far. :yay

Look at everyone go. A lot of projects getting done or worked on! How cool!

Vonnie……… that afghan is awesome!!! So cheery!

Lindsay…… love those afghans!!!

Diane………wow……. Those are cool!!!!

Lisa……. Oh……. What a sweet baby’ghan!!!

da-tamsta………..WOW…….look at you go! Cant wait to see pics!

btw ……. Thanks everyone for the compliments on my Valentine Flannel’ghan! I’m getting closer and closer to done! :yay

Okay… off for a coffee refill… and crocheting

Catch up in a while!

:heart

:mug

52 in 52 ~ 5/52

Here is my February FOs. The bath cloth in bernet one-pounder cotton, purple tan and white ombres. I use needle 7 for the body and I use hook F for the trim. I want to have some ripples so it will not 'fall' off during the bath. (It need some weight.) Next time, I will use bigger hook for the trim.

Second is the I-cord necklace. I do four stitches on DPN 8 (I think) to show off the stripes better. Yarn is I think sugar n cream (some kind of bright tropical colors). I lost the brand. I made the I cord then tie the ends to the charm. I use crochet hook to pull the ends inside the cord itself. (Yes, I put the necklace in the heart shape to celebrate the valentine month. :heehee)

Both projects are for me! First two selfish projects for 2010. :D

post-10687-135897503061_thumb.jpg

post-10687-135897503064_thumb.jpg

Diane....... those are awesome... Love the necklace!!!

Welcome to the fun jordannichole! :hi

I am so close to having my next project done!

I have to get it done before Friday... as the "Games" will be starting and I have alot of work to do during that!

I hope I can get to a point of putting my Valentine Flannel'ghan together today!!! :pray

Okay... off for a coffee refill......

catch up later

52 in 52 ~ 5/52

OK, I've been starting quite a few projects for the boys, but just had a thought that I could give them to them for Valentines!! So....I have 6 nearly finished and......about 8 to do. I think I can, I think I can:cheer....And I just joined the games for the first time!! Sounds like lots of fun. Hopefully will post pics of finished things today! Off to work.:hook

Welcome Jordannicole! Wow, it's hard to keep track of whom doing what in this thread. :lol

There is some good progress on my UFOs and WIPs here. So far, I have two UFOs, three WIPs, one WIM and three new projects in my living room. I don't count the UFOs in my bedroom closet. :lol

I can see myself finishing some LTK squares, one hat WIP, two (new) projects for Crochet Games and one new small project this month. Of course, I might start up another afghan. I hope to do some work on living room WIPs.

What about you all ? Any FOs coming up this month ? I didn't hear from my friend about the wristlets and headband. I am not sure if I should go ahead and ship them. Any thoughts?

Hey guys, I've been MIA for a bit. But I have been crafting. Since last I posted I've managed to finish a few projects.

-red & gray striped scarf to finish my set. I learned that knitting takes less yarn. I made a slouchy hat, pair of fingerless mitts, and a scarf all from one skein of gray and one skein of red that I received in the fav color swap. (thanks emedley:hug)

-black, gray & red striped hat and black & white striped hat

-black,gray & red earflap hat

But what I am most proud of is finally starting & FINISHING the celtic knot shawl that I've been planning to make for like 2 yrs. :yay Purchased the yarn and everything, just sitting downstairs.

Now I'm in a bit of a slump. dont know what to make next. what ever it is would have to be from stash cant afford to buy new stuff right now. le sigh

post-22625-135897503692_thumb.jpg

post-22625-135897503697_thumb.jpg

post-22625-135897503701_thumb.jpg

post-22625-135897503705_thumb.jpg

Good Morning all…….

How is everyone this cold snowy morning? :snow

Hows the projects going? Anyone on a time crunch to get done with something before the 2010 Crochet Games of Ancient Greece start? I am……. :hook

I’m working on an afghan for hubby for Valentine. :whew

Then for the games I will be making another afghan of the same pattern… different color… and an original design sweater. :faint

Dorian …. Those are all great! You did an awesome job!

Well… off for a coffee refill… and back to work on this afghan!

Have a great day all…….

Hey guys, I've been MIA for a bit. But I have been crafting. Since last I posted I've managed to finish a few projects.

-red & gray striped scarf to finish my set. I learned that knitting takes less yarn. I made a slouchy hat, pair of fingerless mitts, and a scarf all from one skein of gray and one skein of red that I received in the fav color swap. (thanks emedley:hug)

-black, gray & red striped hat and black & white striped hat

-black,gray & red earflap hat

But what I am most proud of is finally starting & FINISHING the celtic knot shawl that I've been planning to make for like 2 yrs. :yay Purchased the yarn and everything, just sitting downstairs.

Now I'm in a bit of a slump. dont know what to make next. what ever it is would have to be from stash cant afford to buy new stuff right now. le sigh

Very nice hats and shawl! :clap

Afternoon all…….

I’m almost done…………. Just have the boarder to do.

post-18634-135897503764_thumb.jpg

16 pennies in the cup! J

Have a great day all…….

52 in 52 ~ 5/52

I really like the hat, warm wristers and scarf set, Dorian. :)

The V-Day afghan look great, Tam!

I lose count on my 'pennies'. I will check on it when I got home. I am still at work, stuck all day in the server room. I have to do the servers maintenence. It's rather cool and loud. I have to wear an extra sweater, brrr!

I am almost half way with my current work project. I think I will sneak out and grab my craft in my office cubicle. So, I can do some crafting while things are on the downtime. :devil

I am looking forward to my SnB meetup tonight. I plan to bring my hat and a small quick project.

Anyone excited about the Winter Olympics on this Friday ? I am doing the crochet games. Whooo!

Afternoon all…….

I’m almost done…………. Just have the boarder to do.

[ATTACH]16362[/ATTACH]

16 pennies in the cup! J

Have a great day all…….

52 in 52 ~ 5/52

I love this, it is really neat, where did you find the pattern?? I love your colors, what is the next one's color?:yay

That looks so cool!

:D thank you!!!

I really like the hat, warm wristers and scarf set, Dorian. :)

The V-Day afghan look great, Tam!

I lose count on my 'pennies'. I will check on it when I got home. I am still at work, stuck all day in the server room. I have to do the servers maintenence. It's rather cool and loud. I have to wear an extra sweater, brrr!

I am almost half way with my current work project. I think I will sneak out and grab my craft in my office cubicle. So, I can do some crafting while things are on the downtime. :devil

I am looking forward to my SnB meetup tonight. I plan to bring my hat and a small quick project.

Anyone excited about the Winter Olympics on this Friday ? I am doing the crochet games. Whooo!

Thanks sweetie!

hehehe... you sneaky little thing you! :hook

oh...........have fun at your meeting!

I am VERY excited about the 'Games' I have myself signed up on two teams............ :faint

I love this, it is really neat, where did you find the pattern?? I love your colors, what is the next one's color?:yay

Thanks hon!

the pattern is here on the 'ville http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42711

Come join the fun... we have the CAL up and running again... :hook

16 pennies in the cup

52 in 52 ~ 5/52

Ohhh, I don't realize that I can sign up for two teams. I should do it for Special Olympics team, along with the Afghan team.

At SnB meetup, I end up frogging the whole hat and unravel two tangled skeins. Colorwork can be so fun... sometimes not ! I do meet two new knitters in the group. They know sign language which is cool in my book. :D I hope they will come back next week.

I found that I am 18 'coins' in the cup. :D Also, I found that my boss is out for a week. So, I am going to sneak in more crafting time between projects. ;)

I forgot that I have plans on Friday night, so I have to tape the pregame ceremony. :( I am still excited though! I do have most of the weekend free, mostly for crocheting time. Anyone ready for the olympics ???

OK, got this one finished for some reason had a hard time, just didn't want to work on it......I want to do some thread crocheting :hook so I am going to take some time off the yarn and do a tablecloth or doilies or something....

This one is deep purple/white ripple, looks light on one side and dark on the other as you can see in the picture....I just love how this works out by changing the yarn with every row... Thanks for looking...it is off to the chemo unit...

post-9781-13589750388_thumb.jpg

Archived