Giant Crayon Body Pillow FINALLY Completed

Notuswind

Well after almost 4 years in the making, I've FINALLY completed the 4 foot (yes 4 foot) long crayon body pillow for my daughter! Now, for those of you who don't know, I've made 3 of these in my past - 1 for each of my children and each in their favorite color. I must say that for anyone wanting to do this pattern, it is extremely BORING. It's a super simple single crochet in the round, changing colors evey now and then, but to me, that's boring as all ****. I mean no offense in any way to its creator and I'm glad that I made them for each of my children but oy - what a killer to make. That's why it took me 7 years to complete my first one, 2 years for the second, and 4 to make this last. I'm sure anyone will be able to complete this pattern much quicker than I did. I simply have a tendency to put off a project if I get bored with it and don't see results quick enough to my liking. With all that being said, here's the link to where you can get the pattern.

Pic Link:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_anZ_N8Jn5QQ/S0bEe937UtI/AAAAAAAAAXc/6qReLkYDNkM/s1600-h/crayon3.jpg

RE: THE PATCHES

Sorry forgot to mention about the patch last night but it was sort of late when I posted. The pattern itself instructs you to crochet an oval but when I was making the first for my now 20 year old son, I didn't like the crocheted oval. So instead I purchased felt squares - one in black for the base and a second in the color of the crayon. As for the names I simply ran Sydney's through my embroidery machine but for the boys' pillows I didn't have a machine yet so my ex-mil used her sewing machine which had a lettering font programmed into it. The name is only sewn/embroidered on the colored felt. Then once the name was on, I cut out an oval shape on each piece - leaving the black just a tad larger than the colored. Then sewed the colored oval on top of the black oval then sewed the black oval to the crayon - which I must admit, is a bit tricky to do with the machine but it can be done!

That's really cute! Thanks for the link. Doesn't it feel good to finally finish a project? (I do that a lot, too... get bored with it/don't finish it). :hook

yes it does, but it feels even better knowing i never have to make another one of those again...not unless my "not even in the thought process and i hope they wait a long, long time to make me a grandma" unborn grandbabies will want want one.....:lol

• 2 weeks later...

Now that really is a labour of love! I think it would take me .... um, forever to complete it. Or more like "never". I am with you on this, if it's too boring, it gets put aside. But with me, getting put aside usually means never getting finished :lol

Well done to you, yay! :cheer

Nice body pillow!

I get bored with a large project with all sc too. It took me almost 9 months to make a blanket that was all sc. But once you are invested, like 1/2 way into it , you want to finish it. It is such a relief when it's over :yes I would stop for a 1-2 week break & then go back to it but after the 1st month or so, I did it in small increments because it was so tedious.

Archived