Two Shawls Are Off And Running! (New pics added!!! Post #22))

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ty tampa.. I know i sure love mine.. Have had it on since I realized who the box was from and what it was IN the box LOL!... hubby even asked me if "you ever gonna take that off" you do know you have to go to bed rite? lol.

SQUUEEEEEEELLLLLLL OMG IM THE Eastern GIRL !!!!! HAHAHA omg omg you should ask hubby i was freeking he and my kids thought i was nutz

I hear a BEEPPPPPPPPPPP BEEEPPPPPPPPPP outside.. I look out and there is the mailman honking (he always honks when he has a package that dose not fit in the mailbox.. I'm thinking my Order for my Nintendo ds card came.. and im thinking "why cant he put it in the mailbox? its a small box...so I run out n he said "someone loves you" .. and hands me the box.. I look at the address lable and the return name n addy did not register. i though OH i musta got holiday ROAK cause the name was not familiar. I walk in the house.. set the box on the table tellin hubby HEY i just got ROAK> n tell him what it meant (i was cooking)so i continue to check my dinner..... Stop in my tracks.. and scream OMG OMG its from ELLE.. OMG I"M A SHAWL LADY IM A SHAWL LADY (imagine me jumpng up in down in my kitchen.... it was when i stir my noodles i put the name Elle with what was in the box.. i tore thru the kitchn to the diningroom table n grab the box n tore into it lOL!!! (yup family thought i officialy lost it).. Grabbed my cell n tossed it to my hubby TAKE MY PIC>> lol. he said ANN what the heck is a shawl lady LOL what dose that mea.... I tell him to be quite n take my pic first.. he still dose not understand why i was acting like a "freekazoide"

.. OMG elle Thank you so much.. This is a awsome christmas pressy!!!.. brings a smile to my face and brightens my day.. as i was still sad.. as one of my pet ferrets died sometime yesterday. and i was so upset.. this brighten my day.. like getting a big hug directly from Elle :)

ITS SOOO PRETTY>. it's resting on the back of my pc chair rite now. I know what im snugging under tonight when i get my pj's on..

Congratulations. Another beautiful shawl and excited shawl lady.

:wooIt's me! I am the lucky midwest gal!! :yay

We had freezing rain last night and while trudging down to the mailbox I fell down...lol...then got to the mailbox and...nothing :(. I carefully made my way back and as I was prying off my boots the postman knocked on my door with a box! I was so thrilled I started yelling and my daughter came running to help me open it.

The shawl is beautiful and I love it!! :manyheart Black and silver with gorgeous fringe! Thank you Elle!! :hug I will enjoy wearing this fabulous shawl so much! Thank you --Thank you!!

I am so glad that you like it! It looks lovely on you! Enjoy it! :hug

I hope you don't suffer any ill effects from your fall! Be careful on that ice!

SQUUEEEEEEELLLLLLL OMG IM THE Eastern GIRL !!!!! HAHAHA omg omg you should ask hubby i was freeking he and my kids thought i was nutz

I hear a BEEPPPPPPPPPPP BEEEPPPPPPPPPP outside.. I look out and there is the mailman honking (he always honks when he has a package that dose not fit in the mailbox.. I'm thinking my Order for my Nintendo ds card came.. and im thinking "why cant he put it in the mailbox? its a small box...so I run out n he said "someone loves you" .. and hands me the box.. I look at the address lable and the return name n addy did not register. i though OH i musta got holiday ROAK cause the name was not familiar. I walk in the house.. set the box on the table tellin hubby HEY i just got ROAK> n tell him what it meant (i was cooking)so i continue to check my dinner..... Stop in my tracks.. and scream OMG OMG its from ELLE.. OMG I"M A SHAWL LADY IM A SHAWL LADY (imagine me jumpng up in down in my kitchen.... it was when i stir my noodles i put the name Elle with what was in the box.. i tore thru the kitchn to the diningroom table n grab the box n tore into it lOL!!! (yup family thought i officialy lost it).. Grabbed my cell n tossed it to my hubby TAKE MY PIC>> lol. he said ANN what the heck is a shawl lady LOL what dose that mea.... I tell him to be quite n take my pic first.. he still dose not understand why i was acting like a "freekazoide"

.. OMG elle Thank you so much.. This is a awsome christmas pressy!!!.. brings a smile to my face and brightens my day.. as i was still sad.. as one of my pet ferrets died sometime yesterday. and i was so upset.. this brighten my day.. like getting a big hug directly from Elle :)

ITS SOOO PRETTY>. it's resting on the back of my pc chair rite now. I know what im snugging under tonight when i get my pj's on..

You had me laughing as I read your account of what happened when your shawl was delivered! I can picture you cooking dinner and having it dawn on you what was in the package and getting all excited about it! :lol

I'm so glad that you like it! Enjoy it!

I also wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your ferret. :hug

OK, it's time to update everyone on the status of the remaining three shawls. :)

One is completely finished. One is 75% finished, and the third remains to be done. I didn't think I'd be doing another one, but when DH and I were talking to our friend and she expressed such an interest in the shawls, DH suggested that we give her a shawl. Since she is leaving tomorrow to visit her husband's out-of-state relatives for Christmas and won't be back until December 27th, we decided that we would give her one of the shawls that I had completed for my Crochetville giveaway, and I would just make another one for Crochetville. By now you all are familiar with the story of the green and white shawl and how it happened that it wasn't mailed out as was originally planned for the November Shawl giveaway.

So I still have to come up with an interesting yarn/color combination for the fourth December shawl. I have a few ideas kicking around in my head. At this point, rather than send out two more this week and the last one right before Christmas, I am going to just finish the third and fourth shawls and mail all three out at the same time. Right now I'm shooting for the 22nd of December to mail all three. I'll post photos of them all before I mail them, in fact, I'll post the one I have finished in the next day or two, the one I've almost got finished as soon as I finish it, and the final one as soon as it's done so that everyone can see what they look like. :)

You had me laughing as I read your account of what happened when your shawl was delivered! I can picture you cooking dinner and having it dawn on you what was in the package and getting all excited about it! :lol

I'm so glad that you like it! Enjoy it!

I also wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your ferret. :hug

I can't waite to see the pics of the new shawls and then the excitment of the recipients!.

Thank yo for the hug for my ferret hes is truly missed by us all..

and yes it was pretty comical to see me jumping around my house after i put 2 n 2 togther.. what was also funny was the fact without knowing at all what was in the box or anything about it my mailman sayind "someone loves ya" then hands me the box lol.. Im standin there looking it over.. Don't see any "cville roak or Cville anything" on it.. im thinkin ok.. well I abviously been ROAK.. tinkin hmm who's elle.... then the whole dawning me me bit. LOL. yea hubby still thinking im insane lol... it's ok.. He knew i was when he married me so shoulda been no suprise lol

Thank you everyone! :)

My new shawl is so soft and warm!:manyheart I came upstairs last night wearing it with my pajamas and my teenage daughter just rolled her eyes and said, "mom, you can't sleep in that"! I said, "wanna bet"? I laid it next to my bed and put it on this morning instead of my robe...it really is toasty!

Thank you again Elle!:ty

I am going to the theater this week to see "A Christmas Carol" and will be proudly wearing my new shawl!:c9

I can't wait to see the new shawls and read about the excitement when they are received!

Thank you everyone! :)

My new shawl is so soft and warm!:manyheart I came upstairs last night wearing it with my pajamas and my teenage daughter just rolled her eyes and said, "mom, you can't sleep in that"! I said, "wanna bet"? I laid it next to my bed and put it on this morning instead of my robe...it really is toasty!

Thank you again Elle!:ty

I am going to the theater this week to see "A Christmas Carol" and will be proudly wearing my new shawl!:c9

I can't wait to see the new shawls and read about the excitement when they are received!

LOL that is Funny beth.. I took my shawl to bed last night too.. I just do not trust my cats... The fragrance of the shawl was still lingering in the box and they both been going bonkers over the box.. so I thought it was safer in my room folded so nice and draped on my body pillow...lol. I'm wearing it now. cause its chilly in the house n hubby just rolled his eyes sayin Im insane LOL!!!!

Both the shawls are very pretty, what pattern is used for them?

It's my own pattern, Dottie. It's very easy. If you'd like it, I can write it down for you. :)

Elle could this pattern be modified for A child? my 3 girls have their eye SET on my shawl!!!. I had to say nope "mine mine mine mine" lol I'd like to make them each one before christmas with my scrap yarn. it wont be as pretty with the matching colors but they won't care as it's from mom and it's a shawl of their own!..

I fond a pattern online i was gonna use butafter starting it im not so thrilled with it

Elle could this pattern be modified for A child? my 3 girls have their eye SET on my shawl!!!. I had to say nope "mine mine mine mine" lol I'd like to make them each one before christmas with my scrap yarn. it wont be as pretty with the matching colors but they won't care as it's from mom and it's a shawl of their own!..

I fond a pattern online i was gonna use butafter starting it im not so thrilled with it

I don't see why it couldn't be modified for a child. You could probably make it as-is, just using a smaller hook (I use a size "N", you could try it with a "J" or "K"). I don't know that I'd just try making it with the same size hook and just with a shorter starting chain, because I think it would look funny with the same size V-shells on a shorter chain, too scarf-like.

The basic pattern is as follows:

Chain 57. HDC in the second chain from the hook and in each chain across. If you want to make it wider, increase your chain by increments of 5 since you make a shell every five stitches.

Row 1: Ch 3, dc in the chain next to the ch3. Ch 1, do 2 dc in the same chain as the other dc. *Skip 4 ch. In the 5th ch, do 2dc, ch1, 2dc. Repeat from * across to the last chain, ending with 2dc, ch1, 2dc in the last ch. Ch 3, turn.

Row 2: In the ch space of the first shell, 1dc, ch1, 2dc. *In the chain sp of the next shell, 2dc, ch1, 2dc. Repeat from * across. After doing the 2dc, ch1, 2dc in the ch space of the last shell, ch 3 and turn.

Row 3 to finish: Repeat Row 2 until the shawl is the length you want it to be. I usually keep going until it's a couple of inches taller than I am when I stand up and let one end touch the floor.

I am 5'5" tall, so that will give you an estimated length. I guess the average length of the shawls is 5.5 to 6 feet.

When the shawl is as long as you want it to be, ch 2 after you have completed the last shell. Turn. Do HDC in each ch across, and 1 HDC in the ch sp of each shell. This will finish off the same way you started, and give you a base to put your fringe in. I put a fringe by each shell. I use a piece of cardboard about 8" long for the fringe, and wrap the yarn around anywhere from 6 to 10 times, depending upon how bulky the yarn is. Bulkier yarn gets fewer wraps.

I always use my yarn double stranded, and I use one strand of worsted weight something and one strand of fingering weight something. This makes the shawl nice and thick without being overly bulky. I try to use colors that compliment each other. Have fun, use your imagination, be creative!! Oh, and TAKE PICTURES when you're done!! :)

Oh Elle,. you are a WONDERFUL person for doing this, it warms my heart to no end to read all this, may God Bless you 10 fold. I know I recieved two shawls a couple years ago hat was on my raok wish list, and I wear them both, all the time, in public too and love the warmth they bring me. Thank you for being a kind soul and making peoples lives so much warmer.

Hugs JoAnn

Oh Elle,. you are a WONDERFUL person for doing this, it warms my heart to no end to read all this, may God Bless you 10 fold. I know I recieved two shawls a couple years ago hat was on my raok wish list, and I wear them both, all the time, in public too and love the warmth they bring me. Thank you for being a kind soul and making peoples lives so much warmer.

Hugs JoAnn

JoAnn, it is SO GOOD to see you posting!!!!!!!!! BIG, big hugs to you, Sweetie!!!!!!!!!

ELLE Thank you so much for posting your Beautiful pattern, My girls will be so suprised to see shawls like Mommy's Under the Tree (wich by the way is crochet lol.. so are the "lights") ****... Yes i'm crochet obsso lately. Ever since finding cville I have turn into a Yarn holding Monster> GRRRR...

I'm gonna start a shawl tonight for hannah (as i have lots of pink/brown combo) and her color is "pink" considerin we had to color code our girls so when things they get that is just theirs like scarfs/ mittens/ ect.. we get a specific color. so PINK will keep her sissy's from sayin mIne MINE unless she's a sweet sissy n lets them use it..

i'll post pics of the shawls i make of your pattern.. as well as the ones i make from the other pattern i have.

(((((((HUgs))))))))))))

Thanks so much for the pattern, the reason I could not get your message was that I have a new e-mail adress and forget to change it, Thank you again.

You're welcome, Dottie. Enjoy the pattern! :)

Archived