Two Shawls Are Off And Running! (New pics added!!! Post #22))

The November Shawl and the first of the December Shawls are off and running! We had bad weather here on Friday (it actually SNOWED here in South Texas!) so we couldn't find anyone brave enough to want to drive to the post office in the white stuff, but this morning we made it and the green and white shawl and the black and white shawl are now winging their way to their new homes!

The only hints I will give are that the green and white one is headed for the East Coast and the black and white one is headed for the Midwest! This week two more shawl photos will be posted, and next week two more will go out. Then, the beginning of Christmas week, the fourth shawl will go out to hopefully get to its new home by Christmas Day. :clap

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow! :wbrrsnow can really shut things down even when you aren't used to it -- but it can still be kind of fun! we are expecting a huge storm here today...all schools cancelled and husband home from work! :2snow

I am excited to hear that shawls are on the move...it is always fun to see where they will turn up next!

Wow Elle bless your heart.... I always wanted to roak people but i just cant crochet fast enough and here you are crocheting and roaking 2 shawls at a time...

Your hooks must be burning /smoking..

Well I'll keep reading here to see who the luck ladies are this time..

God bless you and give you lots of health thur the year

This is a kind and noble thing you are doing to cheer others

Elle, you are an angel for undertaking this commitment, especially 4 in December. I don't know where you found the time amongst all the other things that need to be done. You are going to bring smiles to several faces.

You are such an angel for doing this. Can't wait to see who the lucky ladies are. Receiving one of your shawls would be like getting a big hug from a friend and we all need hugs, especially this time of year. :hug

Hope you are enjoying the season.

Now we wait to see who the lucky ladies are!!

You are so kind to do this!!!

Looking forward to seeing who the lucky ladies are

A great big hug from you!!

Elle, you are wonderful for doing this. Looking forward to seeing who the lucky recipients are.

As for snow, we have close to a foot on the ground and it is snowing at the moment. We are supposed to get another foot by Thursday morning, with a little freezing rain and strong winds thrown in there, just to make it interesting.

How in the world did I miss this?:think Wow this is so exciting,:hyper 2 at once.

Lots of luck everyone.

I heard about your snow. We had rain for almost a week, last night we were cold and right now we are quite warm.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:woo Mr Postmen make 2 people very happy.:dance

I made an interesting discovery today about the shawls. I was sitting at the desk when a friend of DH and I comes walking into the lobby, wearing the green and white shawl that I made for the December shawl giveaway! After I caught my breath and pinched myself four or five times to make sure it wasn't a nightmare, she came over to the desk, smiling from ear to ear, and said "thank you SO much for the shawl! It's LOVELY! I LOVE it!" I told her she was welcome and played off a fairly normal conversation for a couple of minutes and then she left. I IMMEDIATELY hopped on my cell phone and frantically dialed DH's cell phone.

It was DH who packed up the shawls for me to be mailed out, and it turns out he got them mixed up and gave the green and white one that I posted the photo of here to our friend for a gift, and the one I made to give to her ended up getting boxed up and sent out to the East coast!! It's not really THAT big of a deal, because the shawl that got mailed out is just as pretty, but nobody knows what it looks like!

It's made with RH Giant Multicolor in the Cabana Print colorway coupled with a fingering weight taupe chenille. The fringe is strictly the RH Giant Multicolor. Personally, I LOVE this shawl! I think that the recipient will be very happy even though it's not the same shawl that was originally supposed to go out. I guess I should forgive DH, after all, his brain is just getting back to normal after his bout with the flu, and he DID get the shawls to the post office for me, so I'll just give him a hug and forget about it.

SO, without further ado, I give you photos of the shawl that is winging its way to the East coast as we speak, so that everyone can see what it looks like!

post-10342-135897484584_thumb.jpg

post-10342-135897484591_thumb.jpg

Thank you, everyone, for your very kind words. I am enjoying every minute of making these shawls for this month, and I'm only sorry that I can't make more of them in time for Christmas because of other gifts that still need to be finished. But no worries, I have a feeling that the next couple of months will all be multi-shawl months. Maybe not four a month, but there will be two. After all, wintertime is SO dull and dreary after the holidays have passed, we need things to keep our spirits up while we wait for the brighter, warmer days of spring! Thanks to Tampa Doll and TurtleLvr we will have beautiful tote bags, and MissMaxx sends out her adorable pot holders each month. Between the four of us it should help to relieve the dull coldness of winter after the fun of the holidays has passed.

Maybe the mix up was meant to be. The one being sent out instead that you posted a picture of just a short time ago is absolutely gorgeous. I love the colors in it. The only problem is you said it was being sent to the East Coast and I live in the South. Oh, well.:ohdear:rolleyes

:hug to your DH. He tried to do what he thought was right, and he DID get them to the post office for you. I know the recepient of the mixed up shawl will still be thrilled with the beautiful Green Shawl. I think everyone will forgive him :yes:yes.

Archived