Stitch Sampler (aka Lace and Bobbles) CAL -2010- Join US!

quietheart

The whole afghan in thread as a wall hanging will be great. I have no knowledge about creating the wall hangings for my crafts. Will you stiffen the thread and put the artpiece on the frame ? (That's if you want to do it for the office. ;))

I'd make it in thread and not stiffen it, but have it mounted and framed professionally. It would probably have enough body to it that it would not require stiffening. I have had several good framing experiences at my local Michaels when they have had their 60% off framing sales.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks ladies! I'm going to work on it again tonight and see how far I get. The problem is though, I get so into crocheting that I forget that I have to go to bed so I can get up in the morning to go to work!

Candy

I know exactly how you feel. If my hubby has fallen asleep on the couch, I tend to stay up WAAAY to late crocheting. Otherwise, when he goes to bed, I know it is time to put down the hooks and refresh my body and soul for another day at the "other home" aka - work.

Here's my second one...on round 36 now.

Candy

So pretty, CAndy!! Aren't they fun?

Here's the start of Afghan Number 8

[ATTACH]16803[/ATTACH]

wooo woooo :woo

Linda :sun

Woot! #8!! GO you!!!!

#8?????? Girl...you are a crocheting fool!!

Arent you? lol

I am on row 70 of #4, its getting warmer and warmer each day and 70+ degree weather without AC yet isnt afghan making weather, so I hope I can get the last 10 rows done in the mornings in the next few days.

Hugs

Kath

Walker1012 ~~

Yes I am a crochetingfool and live up to my name...:lol:lol:lol

Quietheart ~~

Thank you ...Yes this is Number 8 of only this pattern...I've

lost count on how many afghans I've made in my life time...:eek

Where do you live that it is getting that warm?

Its cloudy and cold on the West Coast of the USA....

Cancrochet ~ I love the colors in the one you are doing now.

I'm somewhere in the 40 rows... back to it.

sad to say I haven't done any work on my afghan since before I went to NY for vacation. I've been back a couple of weeks, and still haven't picked it back up. I think I need to make more of an effort, especially since I have all my yarn on my dining room table and at some point I'd like to get that back.

With the Olympics on, maybe I'll do more. Our weather is in a real unstable pattern right now. Today is sunny and it'll be probably close to 80 (since it's already in the 70s and it's only noon) and we're likely to have snow on Tuesday. I don't know how much more cold weather we'll have, although it's not unheard that we get cold weather in March.

I'd like to make more progress on it before it is more consistently warm, because I won't want as much to work on it then.

Thank you all.....:hug

Here's another look after completing Row 48

[ATTACH]16860[/ATTACH]

Oh Linda! Those colors are stunning, they look so royal!!

I finished mine last night!! It's in the dryer right now. Hopefully will get some pictures soon, but we got 4+ inches of snow (:lol we cooked out the other night, it was in the70s 2 days ago) so it probably wont be an outdoor picture rofl

Thank you, Kath. I'm really having fun with this one. Up to round 41 now, half way there! I envy you with the warm weather...31 degrees here and snowing today, but the snow is jut melting, not sticking, thank goodness.

Candy

Our warm weather didnt last long! Got snow last night lol unheard of for this part of the country, so the entire city is shut down.

But will be back up in the 50s in a day or two so it wont last long!

I've been meaning to post another pic of my progress...think I'm up to round 62 now on my second afghan. I posted at pic at Flickr a couple of days ago, so just click on my link here to see it. When I get home from work, I'll take another pic and post here so you can see what I've got so far.

Candy

Archived