2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to read the last Harry Potter book, so I didn't :crocheting a lot. Now I have to get the movie when it's out. I think they can make a new series, "Hogwarts: The Next Generation" :lol. I did make 3 ghosts this week though. I rolled down a skein even though it was a little less than 1/2 gone (+1). The middle was hollow and it kept tangling. I should get 3 more ghosts from what's left.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 103

Ellie 13

WTD +4 YTD -15

Posting now. Had planned on finishing another skein tonight working on golf club covers for xmas presents but am irritated on how the yarn I bought is working out, so am putting them down. Probably going to have to buy a different yarn if I want to make these. But what am I going to do with the 4 skeins of Sensation I have?

I'm updating my score. I got to do some crocheting this afternoon, after I scrubbed the kitchen floor by hand (Twice). It really needed it.

WTD=-4

:manyheart

Way to Bust that Stash!!!!

PAndrus +14 Gold Medal Winner!!! :cheer:clap:cheer:clap

gshall +4 Silver Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

DesertCrocheter +3 Bronze Medal Winner!!!:cheer:clap:cheer:clap

dilyca2006 +2

MouseCLP +2

pineknott +2

quietheart +2

Ellie +1

fc1123 +1

walker1021 +1

More Yarn!!!

Marzee -2

CLLinda -4

dragonpuck -7

BigPinkPilkaDot -8

yarn_geek -18 Shoot the Moon!!!

Great job of stashbusting, everyone.

And a very nice job of posting the scores. It looks like you get to do it again next week, Yarn Geek!

Me?? Bronze, with only +3?! Hooray! Must have been a very slow week for everyone else! :lol

I was thinking this morning that I haven't bought one skein of yarn yet all year! I have two blankets for Project Linus that I need to buy some yarn to finish off, but I have actually not allowed myself to because of this stashbusting challenge. Can you believe it? The few minus scores I have are because of some partial skeins that were left over from my PL chapter's Make a Blanket Day yarn kits that I absorbed into my stash because they were too small for anything else.

I wonder if my willpower will hold out? My mother is coming for the holidays, and she will need to go buy yarn as she's a blanketeer, too. Will my resolve break in a huge orgy of yarn buying? Stay tuned... Patty

I am already on a minus score this week, and it's only Monday. Went to HL, just to get some hooks, and two clearance yarns jumped in to my cart.

But I did use up a ball last night, so I'm at a Minus Three and 6 days to go!

Wow! I got a silver! I'm so humbled! I took back 3 skeins of Sensation Sumptuous and gave away the other one, but bought 2 of Hometown USA for a +4 so far for this week too. I need to get 8 more skeins - have to order them online - but am waiting for some coupons in my email before I push "send".

@Desertcrocheter - I am impressed. I joined this CAL to try to reduce my stash, but while some has gone, others have arrived and I'm about were I was when I started!

@Desertcrocheter - I am impressed. I joined this CAL to try to reduce my stash, but while some has gone, others have arrived and I'm about were I was when I started!

Don't be--the reason I have so much yarn is that SweetPea65 destashed 5 boxes of yarn to me last year, and I vowed to make that stretch into as many charity blankets as possible.

That, combined with not having my second job again till two weeks ago, meant money was super tight anyway, so I couldn't justify buying yarn with all her generous yarn.

But every time I see those two blankets, waiting to be finished, I think, "Aw, c'mon, 2 skeins :yarn --I can buy 2 skeins. It's just - 4 points... "

And a very nice job of posting the scores. It looks like you get to do it again next week, Yarn Geek!

Thanks! I'm sure I'll end up with Shoot the Moon again this week or next week. I'm almost finished with my current afghan, which is pretty dangerous because then I start thinking about my next project.... Well, that next project turned into THREE afghan/throws! :eek Part of the yarn for each is in my stash, but I still have to buy more for them. On the plus side, one of them uses chunky yarn, and the other two use super bulky, so hopefully they'll be fast!:lol

Let's see... so far last week, I have used up 3 full skeins of yarn... and 2 half skeins and this week i am working on 3 more for this granny afghan I am making of my skeins of yarn I have left over that have no real purpose. I am basically going to be making afghans out the wazoo so I can use up my yarn, then start over from scratch. I don't wanna give away my yarn though, how ever I have given away a 5 gallon bag of specialty yarn... but that doesnt count I suppose.

Used up another skein of Hometown USA last night for a WTD +6. I'm making the golf club covers from the Crochet's Dudes book as Christmas presents - they are turning out really good and make up fast!

Finished up another skein last night for a WTD +8. I'll be going out of town this weekend and don't know if Ill get to a computer, so take this for my week total

Archived