2010 Stashbusting CAL - NOW CLOSED!!!

basjordan

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the rest of the skein edging the squares (+1). I used 2 balls making a trellis (2 poles with yarn back and forth between) for the pea plants to climb (+2). 1 1/2 rows of the afghan assembled and I'm about 1/3 way through the pounder. A couple more rows and it might be more than 1/2 gone.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 76

Ellie 13

This will be all for this week, spending time visiting my son who just graduated from college:cheer

don't know if i will have a connection to post from next week, will just add subtract from my YTD if i can't post.

WTD +16--- YTD +176

I used up 4 skeins of cotton this week and then I bought quite a bit more. Michael's had Sugar 'n Cream cotton on sale for $1 each, and they also sent out a "20% off your entire purchase including sale items" coupon. So..... at 80 cents a skein, I went a little nuts. We haven't had a large Shoot the Moon score in awhile; I guess you could say I took one for the team. :D

WTD: -48!

I went a little crazy at Michael's with the sale on Sugar and Cream yarn. I bought 10 skeins of that for my friend, Virginia, who is on a fixed income and still likes to knit up wash cloths for the poor. So I bought the yarn.

Oh, and I bought 4 skeins of Impeccable for me. And I had a 20% off coupon, so the whole shabang was only $17!

I know I posted my score early, but I am making an adjustment to that score.

WTD=-28!

OK - Here's the roundup for the week:

The Medalists:

+36 lhasaapsolady - GOLD!

+18 PAndrus - SILVER

+16 dragonpuck - BRONZE!

More usin' than buyin':

+10 quietheart

+10 mollyanna

+5 basjordan

+4 jura2908

+3 Ellie13

+3 Makinofastar

+2 Lady Rebel

+2 gshall

+1 walker1021

Holding steady:

0 dilyca2006

0 Marzee

0 BigPinkPolkaDot

0 pineknott

0 MouseCLP

More buyin' than usin':

-5 fc1123

-10 braxxi

-13 anu-monty

Enjoyed the Michael's sale:

-28 CLLinda

-48 yarn_geek - SHOOT THE MOON!

I'll post your score. And to think, I got Shoot the Moon last week with a measly -5!

Some weeks, the sales are better than others! Oh, no. Here come the sidewalk sales in July!:lol

:manyheart

Well, went to Wal-Mart to get wine glasses and walked out with yarn to make scarves for Special Olympics, so -2 already this week.

Archived