The monster is finished!

I've been working on a second scrap afghan for a while now, for my niece. My first one was for my own daughter, and she loved it, so I decided to make one for her cousin for Christmas.

The only problem is that we only see each other for Thanksgiving, so it has to be done by Tomorrow. So this week, I've really been working on it and it's done.

When Lauren gets up, I'll have her post a picture.

Have you ever had a project that you didn't know if it would get completed in time?

I had visions of sitting in the back seat on the way to the South side of Chicago Crocheting on this afghan. At least it is done!

:manyheart

I had visions of sitting in the back seat on the way to the South side of Chicago Crocheting on this afghan. At least it is done!

My Mom always said that when we got married, she wanted to sew our wedding gowns, but sometimes she took on more than she could chew.

We use to tease her that we would be walking down the aisle, with her behind us doing the hem.

I have had a couple I thought I would never get done, I think we all do.:hook

Can't wait to see it.

Oh yes. Several times.

I did a scrap yarn afghan for my aunt. All single crochet with a long single crochet one stitch further to create a slanted look and with the ends off as fringe. That took forever.

Crocheting Christmas morning before guests arrived and trying to do last minute cleaning. That's so much fun! ==not===

Being up late to finish. Running to the laundry mat to wash items before giving them.

So now I try to finish early but not always. I've been working on a few things this year, but now I have other things to finish up...

And sometimes they get just enough (I hope) and save the other item for some other time.

Debbi

:yes I have done this a few times, last year I finished a blanket an hour before we had to leave and in October I finished a hat 5 minutes before we had to leave the house and again this year I think I might just be having a few sleepless nights to get a blanket finished in time for Christmas.

So glad you got it finished on time Linda. I'm sure you are relieved! Yes I have often thought I will NEVER get this done on time and like many of my sister hookers have sat up well into the night to complete a project. We crocheters drive ourselves to hard!

BTDT :blush. I'd like to meet someone who hasn't. I stayed up til 3AM(+/-) to finish something that had to be in the mail the next day at the latest. I got up early to get to the P.O. as they opened. I prayed it would get there on time. I always say "Never again", and we all know how well that works :lol. Now I have to make 5 reindeer by Dec. 19th, and I don't even have a pattern :eek.

Ellie 13

As long as it gets done on time, that's all that matters, right? =) I finished up a baby blanket for my niece about an hour before the baby shower. Heck my mom gave me a blanket that still requires weaving in ends, and that was oh about 9 years ago.

Sometimes, our greatest intentions just don't get done. I have a friend who actually packed up the blanket she was working on, gave it to the receipent and then took it back to finish it. She's a quilter, so I guess this happens in all crafts. Sometimes, life just gets in the way of crafting.

I fell asleep while finishing christmas gifts christmas eve woke up a few hours later and continued during the ride to family and wove in the last end in the driveway and stuffed it inthe gift bag. So i understand about last minute finishing.

Oh yes, in fact, I didn't get it finished on time..........

I made my mom an afghan last Christmas. It was pretty involved, a lot of different stitches and chains. Probably a little above my skill level at the time. I worked on it all day everyday, and stayed up late many nights trying to get it done. When at last I knew there was just no way it was going to be finished (other than postponing Christmas :lol), and the sadness of defeat was beginning to set in, an idea popped into my head. I wrote a little poem about the afghan, and it not being finished, and how I would finish it after Christmas. I put the poem in the gift bag with the afghan and gave it to her on Christmas Day. She loved her unfinished afghan, and said the poem was so cute she was going to save it. Then after Christmas when I was no longer stressed I worked on the afghan, and finished it in just a few days.

• 3 weeks later...

BTDT also. I gave a baby afghan at a baby shower that was not finished and after the shower was over took it back to finish it. I did have it done by the time the baby arrived. I am currently working on an afghan for a wedding to be held on January 9th. I have been nervous about not having it done in time. But as it seems we will not be going to the wedding I'm not as concerned about it now.

Archived