In November I will

fc1123

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made a miniature Christmas stocking last night for one of my cousin's kids. I'm thinking about sewing their names onto them, but haven't decided yet. My sewing skills are no where near as good as my crochet skills =/

My list is:

:yarnFinish hat for friend

:yarnMake a baby blanket for friend

:yarnStart on Snowflakes Afghan

:yarnDo a square a day in the month of November

Hat finished, scraped the baby blanket for this month, working on my snowflake afghan and current on my square a day for the month of November! Yippie! :cheer

They're beautiful!!:cheer:cheer:clap:clap One question: How do you keep your toes separated??

I guess they are not intended for that. They are to be worn with flip flops on the way home from the salon.

I really don't know because I don't do pedicures.

I guess they are not intended for that. They are to be worn with flip flops on the way home from the salon.

I really don't know because I don't do pedicures.

:laughrollRatdog, you are too funny! You should try a pedicure. They are very relaxing.

:laughrollRatdog, you are too funny! You should try a pedicure. They are very relaxing.

All I know is that my sister left her house in late november in flip flops so she wouldn't mess up her toenail polish. I suppose you could keep the little foam thingies in your toes while wearing these socks.

And, I do not want anyone painting my toenails! YUCK!

If I need to relax I will break boards with my feet not soak them!

:sofunny

All I know is that my sister left her house in late november in flip flops so she wouldn't mess up her toenail polish. I suppose you could keep the little foam thingies in your toes while wearing these socks.

And, I do not want anyone painting my toenails! YUCK!

If I need to relax I will break boards with my feet not soak them!

:sofunny You are hysterical! I agree -- I once had to go to the foot doc and he finally threw me out after 5 minutes because every time he touched my feet I pulled them away. I didn't mean to, it just happened!! However, if you do it yourself, it really is relaxing.

Well I weaved in the ends to a washcloth making my daughter for Christmas and I worked on parts to the lamb still don't have the blanket finished and I still need to piece the bear for my oldest and Santa Claus for my younger daughter

Hello everyone. You're all doing great.

Today's update.:crocheting

Two hats done.

In November List

~~~~~~~~~~~

*2 hot pads

*2 dishclothes (1st one started)

*2 hanging towels

*turtle for mom(started)

*2 hats for nieces

*scarf for niece

*3 boy hats to match scarfs

*3 kid afghans

Well here's my update so far I weaved in the ends to the washcloth making my youngest daughter for Christmas and I also stuffed Santa I came up with a new plan to work on Christmas gifts take it step by step one day at a time before I lose my mind. Can't believe Christmas isn't that far away.

What happened to the first through the eleventh? Over a third of the month is gone and I have mountains of projects to complete. I'm not very good at saying "NO".

I hear you I'm not good with saying no I keep trying to finish up projects I started and then it ends up I keep adding more projects I can't seem to manage these projects so now I have to take it day by day to complete oh well I guess. I've been told you should complete a project you start then go on to the next but I'm finding that so hard so now I'm drowning in wips all the time yikes. :lol

Several hours ago, I finished mom's afghan! My mom is still giddy over it. :D

I will take a photo of it in natural light tomorrow. But I have to wait until Monday so I can post the photo on my home computer.

I start another dishcloth few days ago. I hope to finish it by Sunday, then start up another dishcloth. It's a pair of snoopy and woodstock dishcloth in skyblue and ecru.

With the huge project *cough UFO cough* out of the way, I can focus on smaller projects for the rest of the year. I will revise my Nov list later.

Next week, I plan to work on my WIPs such as dishcloths, jester hats, sensation blanket and shoe rug. I will work on them in turns, until I feel I can complete one within 30 mins, on and on.

Hope it also help others who are drowning in WIPs/Xmas gifts. ;)

Last 2 hats done and I have only about 2 inches left on the hooded scarf before starting the hood on it so hopefully get it done by tomorrow some time. Still have to find an adult mitten pattern to try and one more scarf to do. Hmm will probably have to find more to add to my list for Nov.

hats - 12/12

winter headband - 2/1

scarves - 1/2

1 pair of baby booties - done

1 pair of mittens

1 pair of slippers - done

1 hooded scarf

Hi, all!

just stopping by to report that I did finish the flannelghan yesterday:clap I posted a pic in the Charity CAL, if you want to see it...

the next item to tackle is "kitting up" Christmas projects: pull yarn out of stash, put with pattern, and line them up. Then, I need to decide what I will make next. Will post later on.

Wishing you all a productive Saturday:cheer:clap:cheer

This month is also very slow for me...ugh... the only thing I have finished are my items for my SWAP partner, other then that I haven't gotten much done. I made a baby beanie that was on last months list. :o)

I have nothing to do this morning so I decide to go ahead and revise my list. :lol

Here is the revised list for November:

1. My mother's Winter Lace afghan. (High Priority - (DONE!)) :check

2. Finish one market bag (Handles need to be fixed, sewing work) (DONE!) :check

3. Do at least 3-6 repeats more on a shoe rug.

4. Do 10 tiles on my weight loss afghan (tunisian crochet). (DONE!) :check

5. Do the two stranded sensation blanket until two skeins ran out. (blanket 2/3 done, skeins 1/4 left)

6. 3 Jester hats. (1st, near done - two pointy sections to go)

7. Rudolph the Reindeer (If I can get magazine for the pattern or Lion Brand's ami doll)

8. Mystery Dishcloth (DONE!) :check

9. Beagle & Woody Washcloths (Beagle near done, Woody untouched)

Next week, I think I will try to finish up two washcloths and at least two jester hats. I also want to do some work on sensation blanket. I don't think I will work on the shoe rug or reindeer until December. I do still have to make few more xmas gifts. I have to wait and see on those xmas gifts.

1) Finish Pinwheel doily in Christmas colors

2) Make a second doily like one completed for Cousin's bday gift

3) Make 1 more sachets for Christmas gifts

4) Make Thread Angel for Mom for Christmas gift

5) Work on Gingerbread House for myself

6) Work on 63 square afghan (38/63 so far)

7) Start on TB Bucs graph-ghan, if I ever receive the chart I ordered.

8) Make 3 mini stocking ornaments for kids

9) Start on scrap granny squares

10) Make Thread Angel for Mom-In-Law for Christmas gift

Woot! I am making way better progress than I thought I would. I finished up the 3rd mini stocking today and am now working on my gingerbread house. I can't wait to see how that comes out!

I also received the chart I ordered to do a Bucs ghan for my brother. It only took 5-6 weeks. I am really eager to do that and see if I can pull it off or not, but it's going to be his Christmas present next year. Or possibly a birthday present. His birthday is in July and I may be able to finish it by then, if it doesn't take too long and get too hot.

One of these days I need to block everything and stiffen the things needing stiffened and then I will take pictures and show off all these lovely things I've done =)

Yeah, it is finally done. I need to get some pictures this one took forever. :whewI'm really happy with the way it came out. Sometimes you never know until you've got everything together. So I've started the 2-Strander for Jay and Karen in North Dakota. It sould be nice and warm for them.

I also started some Circle of Friends squares. Nothing particular in mind, I just need to have small things to work on when I'm away from home.

In November I will:

1. Finish the Monet Pineapple Afghan - 24 squares, 24 Done, working on the border now, almost there

2. Finish cardigan for Chrissy, my daughter-in-law. I now have the back and both fronts joined and started on the sleeves. I decided that instead of doing them separately and then having more seams to do :irk (don't like seaming), I would just crochet them on. It's working out well and looks good.

3. Scarf for scarf swap.

4. More Ice Scraper Mitts for quick presents.

5. 2-Strand afghan for friends in North Dakota. It gets cold there. ;)

6. Circle of Friends squares. I might do 35 for an afghan, (2 Done)

Archived