In November I will

fc1123

WTG everyone on their accomplishments so far. I haven't made my list yet so what better time to do it than now.

1. Organize my yarn stash

2. Roll/organize 8 garbage bags of scrap yarn (half done)

3. Work on the baby RR (1/4 done)

4. Work on the scrap RR (1/4 done)

The 8 garbage bags of scrap yarn is what I bought the last couple weeks at the local Goodwill store. I really didn't need this yarn but couldn't resist the $1 or $2 goodie bags they had it separated in.

When I went home to TN this past weekend to finish packing I found the two RRs and I loaded them up in the blazer and brought them with me so I would have something to work on while waiting for the rest of my stuff :lol.

My list may grow next week as I begin unpacking but for now this is enough. GL and happy :crochetingto you all!!!!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I have a baby shower the end of November, I will:

Complete baby blanket and matching sweater

Make a couple of stuffed toys(one is completed now...see the toys section for stuffed cow)

Complete two scarf, hat and mitten sets for my neices (Christmas gifts)

Make a cow toaster cover for my mother-in-law for Christmas

If I get all these done...I will find more lol

Diane-

what a cute bag, and WTG on finishing a 1 year old WIP!:cheer:clap

Scooby-

:lol you crack me up! I am actually :drool:drool over here, thinking of 8 new bags of yarn to pet! :c9

...I am about to start panel 2 of my "Tanner-ghan". It needs to be done by Thursday, the 12th, so I need to make 1 panel per day. Thankfully, the pattern goes up quickly :whew

I will not be working on anything else :crocheting related until I finish this project (There! I said it! Now I gotta stick to my word, right?! :rofl)

Have a great night all!

Diane-

what a cute bag, and WTG on finishing a 1 year old WIP!:cheer:clap

Scooby-

:lol you crack me up! I am actually :drool:drool over here, thinking of 8 new bags of yarn to pet! :c9

...I am about to start panel 2 of my "Tanner-ghan". It needs to be done by Thursday, the 12th, so I need to make 1 panel per day. Thankfully, the pattern goes up quickly :whew

I will not be working on anything else :crocheting related until I finish this project (There! I said it! Now I gotta stick to my word, right?! :rofl)

Have a great night all!

:D:D:D :rofl Glad that I can make you smile, my dear bestie!!!!! You have known me long enough and I think you have seen the pics of "what was the yarn closet" to know that I am a yarnaholic......I just can't resist yarn. Even if it means hours and hours of sorting, rolling up,organizing and untangling. I just can't help it. YES I am an addict. I need Yarns Anonymous and whatever 12 step program they may offer. NOT NOT NOT!!!!!!

GL getting panel 2 done. I am :cheer:cheeru on.

GL to the rest of you on your November Goals. I am :cheer:cheer you all on too!!!!!!!

Today's update.:crocheting

One hat done, started scarf.

In November List

~~~~~~~~~~~

*swiffer covers for mom

*dishclothes for mom

*turtle for mom(started)

*2 hats for nieces

*scarf for niece(started)

*3 boy hats to match scarfs

*socks for friend

:clap Shelley! WTG!:clap

Scooby...I remember very plainly :drooling over your closet! I have since claimed my coat closet for yarn:U

As you may recall, I, too am a "yarn snob":lol (snob sounds so much better than addict!:rofl) 1/2 of my attic is full, as well as various spots around my house! It took me over 20 years to build this stash!

I don't want no 12 step programs neither:grump:rofl

Today's update.:crocheting

One hat done, started scarf.

In November List

~~~~~~~~~~~

*swiffer covers for mom

*dishclothes for mom

*turtle for mom(started)

*2 hats for nieces

*scarf for niece(started)

*3 boy hats to match scarfs

*socks for friend

WTG Shelley!!!!:cheer:clap:cheerKeep up the great work!!!!!

:clap Shelley! WTG!:clap

Scooby...I remember very plainly :drooling over your closet! I have since claimed my coat closet for yarn:U

As you may recall, I, too am a "yarn snob":lol (snob sounds so much better than addict!:rofl) 1/2 of my attic is full, as well as various spots around my house! It took me over 20 years to build this stash!

I don't want no 12 step programs neither:grump:rofl

Yep I do remember that you are also a :yarnsnob :lol. But that is ok cause at least I know that I am not alone :yay:hug.

I started the prayer shawl for my neice last night. That will be my focus over the next few days.

Then I will try again to make the pedicure socks for my sister.

Yesterday I bought the thread and beads for the Gingerbread Doily from Crochet World.

Thank you all for the comments on the bag. :)

I screw up on mom's afghan. So I have to :frog about 20 rows or so. :( Later today, I will redo it. I hope to make a big progress today.

Beside that, I don't do anything else such sensation or the jester hat. See ya next week.

Thanks for the cheers girls. And wow your stashes make mine look pitiful. You should see my stash of paper crafting stuff though. LOL

1) finish my two pillows.

2) add more to the RR that I stopped on cause I hate working on it.

3) make a couple pairs of slippers. (started)

4) finish putting together the tiny motifs for the Let Freedom Ring afghan.

Way to go.:yay

I started the prayer shawl for my neice last night. That will be my focus over the next few days.

Then I will try again to make the pedicure socks for my sister.

Yesterday I bought the thread and beads for the Gingerbread Doily from Crochet World.

You can do it.:cheer

Thank you all for the comments on the bag. :)

I screw up on mom's afghan. So I have to :frog about 20 rows or so. :( Later today, I will redo it. I hope to make a big progress today.

Beside that, I don't do anything else such sensation or the jester hat. See ya next week.

Bummer:hug I'm sure you'll catch back up today.:cheer

:cheer:cheer:clap:clap to all. All FOs look great. My yarn stash is pitiful -- less than a bedroom closet full. I'm trying to work on it, but my hubby tends to actually notice the new yarn and the new charges on my credit card.

I am pathetic and have still not started in on those camis. Maybe tonight:blush?

I have about 2/3 of the prayer shawl done. I hope it brings my neice some comfort. I will make myself get it done tomorrow so it can go in the mail Monday.

It is a simple rectangle using the original crochet 'trinity' pattern (1 row SC, 3 rows DC, )

Except, I am crocheting it the long way so it is a 162 chain for about 42 rows.

I'm joining you for the first time this month - I need a boot up the bum to get me working on Auntie Maggies lapghan ;) or some gentle encouragement at least. I NEED to get this finished, I love Auntie Maggie dearly but I'm wishing I hadn't agreed to make her a lapghan :blush

1. Auntie Maggies lapghan (halfway there so far)

2. More squares for Mum & Dads afghan (15 x 8" squares so far)

3. More squares for hubbys hospital blanket

4. Purple shawl for my nieces holiday gift plus a hat or bag

5. Xmas tree filet and xmas decorations (2 sets)

I have loads of holiday gifts and a couple of swaps as well that I'm working on but they hold my attention better than the three things I have listed! :)

Apparently in November I will do none of these things instead I'll get ill and lose all interest in anything other than hot drinks,warm blankets and a good book!

Okay, I kinda fell of the boards for a while. A lot was going on and I was working on the scarf swap I just finished up. So not much got done in October. I had a great partner and we are going to try to get together next year. The Monet Pineapple is almost there. I am doing the border now. I thought I would have that one done in October but it didn't happen. It will be done in Nov. though.

In September October NovemberI will:

1. Finish the Monet Pineapple Afghan - 24 squares, 24 Done, working on the border now, almost there

2. Finish cardigan for Chrissy, my daughter-in-law. I now have the back and both fronts joined and started on the sleeves. I decided that instead of doing them separately and then having more seams to do :irk (don't like seaming), I would just crochet them on. It's working out well and looks good.

3. Scarf for scarf swap.

4. More Ice Scraper Mitts for quick presents.

5. 2-Strand afghan for friends in North Dakota. It gets cold there. ;)

well done everyone! i'm going to jump on this bandwagon too so here goes it.

my to do for november '09

• slipper moccacins for dd
  • something for picky 15 yr. old ds
  • shawl for ma (actually bff's ma but she always treated me as her dd)
  • 2 slouchy berets +1 for me if i can

well thats about it for now as i been on a 1 yr hiatus from all things crafty and don't want to overload myself

So, here is my List for November:

1) Finish two items (both 3/4 done) for my Favorite Color Swap partner and maybe a add a third. :hook

2) Finish the quilt for my grandson's Christmas gift - 20% done. :sew

3) Make 4 shawls for Christmas gifts (I have the yarn). :hook

4) Make 5 preemie quilts for NICU. :sew

5) Finish baby quilt (1/3 done). :sew

6) Write at least a page a day (started on the 2nd & have 6 pages so far).:compute

#1 - DONE. Pictures tomorrow.

#3 - 1st shawl started.

well done everyone! i'm going to jump on this bandwagon too so here goes it.

my to do for november '09

• slipper moccacins for dd (got dd footy measurements)
  • something for picky 15 yr. old ds (the picky ds don't want anything crafted)
  • shawl for ma (actually bff's ma but she always treated me as her dd) (started today)
  • 2 slouchy berets +1 for me if i can

well thats about it for now as i been on a 1 yr hiatus from all things crafty and don't want to overload myself

Ok people my ds has informed me that there is nothing he would use.wear that is handcrafted so I'm going to knit him this http://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/Grumpy_the_Lump_of_Coal_Pattern__D50822220.html

I also started the shawl for ma and its about 1/3 done.

dd measured footies for me so I know what sized to make her Moccacin Slippers (I fibbed and told her I saw something she might like and needed to know her size)

Archived