In November I will

fc1123

I have to cast off the beagle cloth then it's done for now. It will be put away in the 'need to be blocked' pile. I will start the woody cloth tonight. I also hope to finish 1st jester hat by tomorrow.

I got the pattern for reindeer toy but I decide to do it for next year's xmas. I might do the reindeer ami if I can get right yarns tomorrow.

I am going to do 5 quick scarves later this week. I have more quick projects but they can wait until December. Scarves have to be done soon so they can be shipped on 1st week of December.

I have no chance to take a picture of mom's afghan. :( I have to wait until next week. Sorry about that.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer:clap Everyone is doing so well! I haven't completed much except 2 more afghans for NICU. But to refer back to October, I gave lil sis her coat this weekend, and she loves it. (shown on FOs) Not only does she love it, but her husband and kids looked at me with wide eyes and said "You made soft" They can't stop petting the coat!!:laughroll Also gave mom the Rialto Raglan Cardigan which I didn't check the gauge, and so it was too big for me, but I wasn't crazy about the color, and she has worn it all weekend. I just have to stop giving things away as soon as I finish them and hold on to them to give as gifts.

So anyway, I now have a request from my niece that could I please make her "a soft" for Xmas. So, add that to my list:

1) design and make 3 camis before Xmas - not started

2) finish cape for niece 1/3 done

3) make sweaters for "big" lil sis's 3 dtrs (not started)

4) NICU blankets 2 1/2 of 4 done

5) scarves for abused women (2/? done)

6) "soft" for niece (not started)

7) shawl 1/3 done

Good luck all. I'm pretty sure most of my list is going to go into Dec.

Wow, Barklikeaduck! You are cruisin' right along!!!

JanineW - your post made me :U. I have the same problem about holding onto finished items.... seems I can't wait to give them away:lol

It is so wonderful that your family members have such a good appreciation for what you do:clap ... it sure does make it worth it to see smiles, doesn't it?

Leslie G - I :manyheart the Circle of Friends square! It is such a pretty pattern! What colors are you using?

Swayde & Tahlara - look at you two go!!!! :nworthy

:hi to anyone i forgot... I didn't mean it:blush

I have 2 more flannelghans to make this month.:cheer One is for my DS for his birthday (he asked for 1:D), and 1 for my BIL for :ctree. I also have another afghan in process "at the ready", for when my hands get tired from the big hook.

Hope you all have a healthy and happy day!:manyheart

Wow, Barklikeaduck! You are cruisin' right along!!!

JanineW - your post made me :U. I have the same problem about holding onto finished items.... seems I can't wait to give them away:lol

It is so wonderful that your family members have such a good appreciation for what you do:clap ... it sure does make it worth it to see smiles, doesn't it?

Leslie G - I :manyheart the Circle of Friends square! It is such a pretty pattern! What colors are you using?

Swayde & Tahlara - look at you two go!!!! :nworthy

:hi to anyone i forgot... I didn't mean it:blush

I have 2 more flannelghans to make this month.:cheer One is for my DS for his birthday (he asked for 1:D), and 1 for my BIL for :ctree. I also have another afghan in process "at the ready", for when my hands get tired from the big hook.

Hope you all have a healthy and happy day!:manyheart

I love those Lumberjack Flannelghans. I'm going to make a baby one if anyone around here ever gets pregnant, and if no one is pregnant by the time I get all my other projects caught up, well then I'll just make one anyhow and donate it =)

Where is the Circle of Friends square pattern? Is it online or what? It sounds interesting and I'd like to see what it looks like =)

Hi all. WOW! You're all cruisin' along.

Today's update.:crocheting

Hot pads done, just need trim.

In November List

~~~~~~~~~~~

*2 hot pads

*2 dishclothes (1st one started)

*2 hanging towels

*turtle for mom(started)

*2 hats for nieces

*scarf for niece

*3 boy hats to match scarfs

*3 kid afghans

I've got a pretty good start on the 2-Strander. Those work up pretty quick. If I stick to it, I should get it done fairly quickly. It's just rows of single crochet done long ways. The main color is a dark hunter green. 8 rows of that, then 2 rows of linen, 2 rows of burgundy, 2 rows of linen. I just keep repeating that until it's almost wide enough and finish up with 8 rows of the green.

I really love that square. It's impressive to look at and really easy to do. I'm just using RH Country Rose. I'm going to make them until I have enough for a laprobe and then decide if I want to make enough for an afghan.

This isn't for anyone in particular. I just like to have one "granny" afghan going because they are easy to pull out when you are traveling or have to wait for some reason or other.

If you like this one check out Priscilla's other squares. They are all lovely.

In November I will:

1. Finish the Monet Pineapple Afghan - 24 squares, 24 Done, working on the border now, almost there

2. Finish cardigan for Chrissy, my daughter-in-law. I now have the back and both fronts joined and started on the sleeves. I decided that instead of doing them separately and then having more seams to do :irk (don't like seaming), I would just crochet them on. It's working out well and looks good.

3. Scarf for scarf swap.

4. More Ice Scraper Mitts for quick presents.

5. 2-Strand afghan for friends in North Dakota. It gets cold there. ;)

6. Circle of Friends squares. I might do 35 for an afghan, (2 Done)

Well I finished off my scarf for the 12 scarves of 2009 so mine is finished I also worked on Santa Claus some more just need to add the arms and legs and then I will have to sew the head onto his body. So I'm getting there very slowly though.

I did the pair of mittens last night :cheerso everything on my list is done. Now I'll have to take a day and think what else I can add to my list.

hats - 12/12

winter headband - 2/1

scarves - 2/2

1 pair of baby booties - done

1 pair of mittens - done

1 pair of slippers - done

1 hooded scarf - done

1) finish my two pillows. (done)

2) add more to the RR that I stopped on cause I hate working on it. (got more of this done)

3) make a couple pairs of slippers. got 2.5 ready to put together. Plan to make four.

opps and almost forgot.

4) finish putting together the tiny motifs for the Let Freedom Ring afghan. (Got more of this done)

:pilgrim In November I will.....

-find some Redheart cotton yarn and finish my 2 sets of potholders

-finish MAM I started some some odd reason in October

-work on MIL wrap for Christmas

-and as always various odds and ends...hats, scarves, HAP, squares

One set of potholder done, I found some camo cotton yarn and I thought it would be perfect for my brother

I just have to finish the MAM edging, I really do not like the way it looks.

I am scrapping the wrap for MIL, I bought her a nice chenille wrap last year in her tortoise.

So what is left for November is....

-edging on MAM

-set of potholders

:cheer:clap:yay:cheer WTG everyone on getting those WIPs done. The pics I have seen look GREAT!!!! Keep up the awesome work.

My yarn finally made it from TN to NE and I have been working on getting it put up and organized in the craft room.

1. Organize my yarn stash (3/4 done)

2. Roll/organize 8 garbage bags of scrap yarn (done)

3. Work on the baby RR (1/2 done)

4. Work on the scrap RR (1/2 done)

1) Complete Ripple Afghan (been working on it off and on for over a year!) Haven't Touched.... :eek

2) Put squares together for Blue & White afghan Haven't touched either... double :eek

3) Finish my Big Bow Cardigan 3/4 done..I can feel the end is near! :clap

*4) Crochet tiny socks for coworker (embroidery floss)

*5) Crochet tiny sweater for coworker (embroidery floss)

*6) Finish Leaves Wrap (finally got more yarn for it) just over 1/2 done...yay!

WTG barklikeaduck...halfway through the month and you're already done your list! (I think that means its time to make something for you :yes)

Congrats to everyone else whipping those WIP's :cheer:cheer:cheer

Happy hooking! :hook:crocheting

You're all doing so well on your lists.:cheer

Today's update.:crocheting

About 1/4 done with 1st afghan.

In November List

~~~~~~~~~~~

*2 hot pads(just need trim)

*2 dishclothes (just need trim)

*2 hanging towels(towel bought)

*turtle for mom(started)

*2 hats for nieces

*scarf for niece

*3 boy hats to match scarfs

*3 kid afghans(1st one 1/4 done)

I lost my crafting mojo last few days. :(

I am sure it will be back soon. :lol

Well glad to hear I'm not the only I've seem to lose my yesterday hopefully it will come back in a few days :(. Just can't seem to get into crocheting though I did make my backpack on Friday so that's finished but I still need to get a clasp for them so it will open and close I don't need the books falling out of my bag.

My goodness, everyone is doing so well! Makes me wonder how slowly I'm working or how much time I am spending sitting on my butt doing nothing!

3/4 NICU blankies done (plus a cap - I had extra yarn)

2 scarves done

1/3 of shawl done

Thousands of new ideas flitting through my head (does that count as time spent on crochet???)

I have been stalled out for the past 3 days. I get so excited about all the plans and WIPs and yet, here I sit at my computer putzing around getting nothing done.

I do have to block my cousin's birthday doilies today. I have to wrap them up and give them to her tomorrow. They are very pretty and I really hope she likes them.

I decide to bring 5 quick scarves and the woody cloth with me when I go out of town starting today. Hopefully, the crafting mojo will return. :)

Be back with the update next week. Have a great weekend!

I had a crochet afternoon yesterday. My friend Sam and I get together occasionally to crochet. So, I managed to get somewhere between a third and half of the 2-Strander done. I've also gotten a start on another Mitt and finished a third square. I'm not doing too badly so far.

In November I will:

1. Finish the Monet Pineapple Afghan - 24 squares, 24 Done, working on the border now, almost there

2. Finish cardigan for Chrissy, my daughter-in-law. I now have the back and both fronts joined and started on the sleeves. I decided that instead of doing them separately and then having more seams to do :irk (don't like seaming), I would just crochet them on. It's working out well and looks good.

3. Scarf for scarf swap.

4. More Ice Scraper Mitts for quick presents.

5. 2-Strand afghan for friends in North Dakota. It gets cold there. ;)

6. Circle of Friends squares. I might do 35 for an afghan, (3 Done)

I blocked the doilies and I took pictures of them. I also took pictures of the little stockings I made for Christmas gifts. The other doily and the angels I've made for Christmas still require assembly and blocking so I didn't take those pics yet.

You can see them in show and tell section...

Stockings here ... http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107669

Doilies here ... http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107668

I blocked the doilies and I took pictures of them. I also took pictures of the little stockings I made for Christmas gifts. The other doily and the angels I've made for Christmas still require assembly and blocking so I didn't take those pics yet.

You can see them in show and tell section...

Stockings here ... http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107669

Doilies here ... http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=107668

:cheer:clap Beautiful work! The doilies are absolutely stunning! How do you work so quickly with thread and tiny hooks? I once made an eyeglass case with thread and it took me almost a month!

Archived