In November I will

fc1123

:cheer:clap Beautiful work! The doilies are absolutely stunning! How do you work so quickly with thread and tiny hooks? I once made an eyeglass case with thread and it took me almost a month!

I don't know actually. I love working with thread. I can work with thread a lot longer in one sitting than I can with yarn. Yarn makes my hands itch and sweat so much that I can only do a little at a time, but thread I can spend hours working on at a time. Wait till you see the monster that is my Christmas pinwheel doily hehe. It is about 20".

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barbara Anne, your doilies are beautiful!

Tahlara and fc1123, I hope your "mojo" is back soon!

LeslieG - you are a FAST :crocheting!

JanineW - :rofl... I wish that visions of WIPs dancing through my head counted as :crocheting time!

Everyone is doing so well this month!

:cheer:cheerKeep up the great work!:cheer:cheer

Well I guess I'm going to add more hats to my list since I'm on a hat making kick right now. Also need to finish a weiner dog I started a few days ago. So here's what I've added to my already completed list:

more Hats - 12 more

weiner dog -

hats - 12/12

winter headband - 2/1

scarves - 2/2

1 pair of baby booties - done

1 pair of mittens - done

1 pair of slippers - done

1 hooded scarf - done

Well I have Santa's legs finished now it's on to the arms I will get the gifts done piece by piece if that's what it takes to keep my sanity.

I ran low on yarn for the first afghan, so I started on the second. Need to get to yarn store soon.

Today's update.:crocheting

About 1/2 done with 1st afghan & a good start on the second.

In November List

~~~~~~~~~~~

*2 hot pads(just need trim)

*2 dishclothes (just need trim)

*2 hanging towels(towel bought)

*turtle for mom(started)

*2 hats for nieces

*scarf for niece

*3 boy hats to match scarfs

*3 kid afghans(1st one 1/2 done, 2nd started)

well updating my list:

1. weave in ends to hat.
  2. make butter for waffles
  3. sew waffles together
  4. work on lamb for oldest daughter
  5. put bear together
  6. put santa claus together for youngest daughter
  7. finish one scarf for 12scarves of 2009 for this month
  8. finish another scarf that I started
  9. work on md's (middle daugher) blanket for Christmas

10.weave in ends to youngest daughter's washcloth.

Well I got 5 more hats done yesterday and today. Now I'm adding 3 preemie afghans to my list also as I just found the thread for 3rd Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas - DELIVERY DATE 12/4/09 and plan to send some afghans.

preemie afghans - 0/3

more Hats - 5/12 more

weiner dog -

hats - 12/12

winter headband - 2/1

scarves - 2/2

1 pair of baby booties - done

1 pair of mittens - done

1 pair of slippers - done

1 hooded scarf - done

Finished tasks:

1. My mother's Winter Lace afghan (DONE!)

2. Market bag (DONE!)

3. Do at least 3-6 repeats more on a shoe rug.

4. Do 10 tiles on my weight loss afghan (tunisian crochet). (DONE!)

5. Do the two stranded sensation blanket until two skeins ran out. (blanket 2/3 done, skeins 1/4 left)

6. 3 Jester hats (1st, near done - two pointy sections to go)

7. Rudolph the Reindeer (If I can get magazine for the pattern or Lion Brand's ami doll)

8. Mystery Dishcloth (DONE!)

9. Beagle & Woody Washcloths (Beagle done, Woody 1/2 done)

10. 5 quick xmas scarves (1/5 scarves due end of November)

11. Mom's pedicure socks (Not started yet, due by mom's birthday - Jan 3rd)

I decide not to do the shoe rug this year. My father discovered the reindeer pattern. He ask me to make it for next year's xmas. I am not sure if I want to finish the jester hats (Save them for next year's xmas ?). I still want to finish what's left of sensation skeins.

Last two things are new. Mom's socks might be started in December, along with the rest of jester hats.

Well worked on Santa today I have the arms finished and the other day finished putting the legs on him so now all there's left to do is put the face on the hat,mustache, and the eyes and that will be finished doing it piece by piece. I wanted to get the blanket done but that might be next month's project we shall see.

:waving, all...

I have been so busy around here, I haven't been posting:blush

with 6 days left of November, I am on target to finish my 2 flannelghans. Thanks mostly to the holiday weekend:devil:clap

I hope you all enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday, surrounded by all of your blessings:hug

Hi all. Sounds like you are all doing well on your lists. I am up to my eyebrows in granny squares. I started the 3rd afghan(cro-hook) just for something different to work on. LOL

Today's update.:crocheting

Making granny squares till I scream. :eek

In November List

~~~~~~~~~~~

*2 hot pads(just need trim)

*2 dishclothes (just need trim)

*2 hanging towels(towel bought)

*turtle for mom(started)

*2 hats for nieces

*scarf for niece

*3 boy hats to match scarfs

*3 kid afghans(1st one 3/4 done, 2nd 1/2 done, 3rd started)

Well haven't finished much I keep losing my crochet mojo I'm not sure what happened to it:think. Hopefully I'll get it back soon we shall see

I am still working on the scarves. One is waiting to be casted off, second is near done, third is about 1/4 done. Another two are waiting to be started. I hope to finish at least 4 scarves by this Saturday. Then I can get the last scarf done by December 1st. :yes

I decide to put the woody cloth aside until December. I will know more by next Monday what I want to do for December, only maybe 4 items on the list. :)

Well, I'm happy to say I got everything done in November that I planned on:

Finish the socks I'm knitting for a Christmas present.

Finish the shawl I'm crocheting.

Crochet a scarf for a charity.

:c9:cheer:clap:)

Well, I need to add a Prayer Shawl to my list. That Gingerbread man doily will just have to wait!

I bought the yarn today (yes I went out on Black Friday but I was back home in an hour) so I will get started on it ASAP. I want to finish it before school starts again on Monday.

Pam - Way to go! :yay:cheer:yay

I am half done with third scarf. I expect to finish it, along with other two scarves that need to be casted off. I also like to start fourth scarf as planned.

If things work out as planned, I should get all scarves done by Monday. :D Then I should be all good for November even if few things have to be moved to December list.

I finally worked on the stole for my bff's ma. got quite a bit more done but I ran out of yarn so I have to dig some more out of my stash I know I have some more of the same kind just have to wind it(unfortunately by hand). I decided to make it a bit longer.

Went out of town all week for Thanksgiving and didn't get a single thing crocheted or even worked on. I am now having trouble finding the motivation to get back into it even though I only have about 3 weeks to finish up Christmas gifts that require shipping. Doh!

Archived