I'm so humbled.

Recently, I've made baby buntings for two babies on the way. One was a pink one for the neighbor across the street, and the other was a pretty olive green for a friend's niece.

I found out that both babies came home from the hospital in the baby bunting that I had made.

I really didn't realize what an impact I am making by just making baby buntings from the Crochet Today magazine. What an honor for me!

So I guess I will continue making them for gifts. I wasn't much of a crocheter when my own kids were born. My daughter came home in a Chicago Cubs outfit my husband had bought, and my son came home in a Chicago Bulls sleeper that I had found at a sale my college was having.

I guess the first outfit is important.

:manyheart

:ty for sharing your story of making the baby buntings and the honor you felt because the babies wore them home from the hospital. But I think your son and daughter wore special outfits to come home from the hospital also. Even though both outfits were not homemade but bought, they meant something to you and your husband. A special meaning that you were trying to pass onto your son and daughter. Two people who will always be special to you and your husband.

What a sweet story. :ty for sharing.

I know what you mean. I do tons of crochet for all sorts of charities and hospitals. I also crochet for people I know who are having babies.

Recently I did a beautiful tiramasu blanket in mint green for a work-friend's daughter whom I didn't know personally. The mother-to-be didn't want to know the sex, thus the mint green theme. Baby was born - a boy.

A few weeks after they got home I got a suprise visit at my office. The Mom and baby came to see me and Grandma (the lady I work with) took them to my office.

They came so I could meet Mom and the baby, she thanked me personally for the gift and I got to hold him IN THE BLANKET I MADE !!!!! We took pictures of the event and I have them for my album.

I was told the baby was brought home from the hospital in my blanket and he loves sleeping with it. This was a very touching moment for me since I never see the recipients of my works or know whether or not my creation was liked or is being used.

I had a very similar experience the other day... I found out a friend of mine had her son blessed in the sweater I made for her. I was so touched. She posted pictures on her blog... so sweet.:manyheart

That's soooo neat..A baby's homecoming outfit is totally special..I still have the ones from my kids..We've been in the process of moving and couldn't get out to the other house for a week..I thought I lost my baby clothes..Devistating..Well yesterday we went out there and low and behold my baby cothes were still there..YAY..Take care and this thread made my day.

I sold a baby afghan to a co-worker. She gave it as a baby shower gift. Everyone loved it. The baby (girl) was born in Nov. They took the afghan because it was cold and wanted to keep the baby warm on the way home. I was told that the nurses loved it too. It's great to know my work is appreciated, even when I don't know the recipient.

Ellie 13

The pattern is from Crochet Today-Nov./Dec. 2007 issue. I modified it by making it longer than original, plus I changed the sleeves and used a ribbon to tie up the bottom, instead of sewing it shut.

But I just love this pattern. I can get it done in a few days while watching tv.

I have seen the pattern on the herrschner's website as a kit using rh yarn.

How very sweet! =) I was surprised to visit my cousin's house and see the little purse I made for her oldest daughter, being played with by her youngest daughter. I made it like 5 years ago and I was so touched that they still had it and it was still being used! I was also touched to see the name doily I made 4 years ago for the youngest girl hanging proudly up in her bedroom =)

I guess the first outfit is important.

My kids came home in hand me downs from thier cousins. Even so, I still have the outfits. They are on two baby dolls that a friend made for me and the dolls are in the antique cradle both boys used.

Archived