Scrub Cloths- New Dishcloths Added- First Post

CroJulee

Here are 2 of the 4 dishcloths I've made today (10/16/09). The fall-ish one is knitted with a crocheted border:

post-4632-135897462383_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897460572_thumb.jpg

Here are some dish scrubbers and some dishcloths with scrubbers in the corner that I made yesterday afternoon. They will be used for christmas gifts. I just made these up off the top of my head. The scrubbers were crocheted by me with tulle.

Thanks for looking!!

Julee

post-4632-135897460576_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897460579_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897460582_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897460585_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897462378_thumb.jpg

post-4632-135897462381_thumb.jpg

Very Nice, Julee. Are the scrubbies attached? Do they come off? I have never seen anything like this before. I am intrigued by the concept. Any you do lovely work to, I am currently working on the blue ribbon rr dishcloth and love the way it is going. Thanks for sharing!!:clap

Very Nice, Julee. Are the scrubbies attached? Do they come off? I have never seen anything like this before. I am intrigued by the concept. Any you do lovely work to, I am currently working on the blue ribbon rr dishcloth and love the way it is going. Thanks for sharing!!:clap

Howdy,

Yup, the scrubbers are crocheted in. They don't come off but someone just gave me an idea to make them come off.

Thanks for your compliment!!!

Julee

Wow Julee, those are great! I have made scrubbers from Tulle but mine don't look as neat as yours do> Don't you just love how well they work? Love your new design!

Wow Julee, those are great! I have made scrubbers from Tulle but mine don't look as neat as yours do> Don't you just love how well they work? Love your new design!

I do really love them. They last forever too. Yesterday I was needing a scrubber for the dishes (the old scrubber was getting ewww and it was store bought), so I threw away the old scrubber and started using one I had made a while back. I was so much happier with my scrubber. They just feel so much better in my hand.

:-D Thanks :-D

Julee

Those are amazing.... I love them all!! I've never have used tulle as a scrubber.... It's not to soft is it?... Will there be a pattern?.... I'm making dishcloths from your blue ribbon one I bought... sure love that pattern.... Thanks for sharing your wonderful work... GBU!:):)

These are great Julee. I've always wanted to make scubbies but don't have a clue what material you use or how to make one. You said you use tulle, can you tell me how? It seems if it's not yarn I don't know how to use it.:think

Thanks everybody for all your nice compliments!!

I think I've answered all your questions below, but as I've said. If there are any more questions please feel free to ask away.

Julee

These are great Julee. I've always wanted to make scubbies but don't have a clue what material you use or how to make one. You said you use tulle, can you tell me how? It seems if it's not yarn I don't know how to use it.:think

At the very bottom of this post you should find your answer. If you have more questions feel free to ask away.

They are so cool! Heck, i might actually wash dishes with those!

I have the same questions about how you use tulle. I have never tried it.

Hopefully my answers below and above will help out a little. If not feel free to send me a pm with more questions or just ask them here.

I'm hoping my extended family will use them instead of saying they're to pretty to use (yes, my family does that sometimes).

Great job Julee! I love the idea! Will there be a pattern? ~poke, poke :lol

:turtle:vheart

Thanks sue!! :-D

Hmmm, hadn't really thought of that. We'll see.

Those are amazing.... I love them all!! I've never have used tulle as a scrubber.... It's not to soft is it?... Will there be a pattern?.... I'm making dishcloths from your blue ribbon one I bought... sure love that pattern.... Thanks for sharing your wonderful work... GBU!:):)

Thanks Dawn!!

I don't think it's to soft. It works great for everything I've used it on. It's much easier to crochet with too. Not sure about the pattern yet. We'll see.

They are great! Do you use the roll of tulle or do you cut it yourself? If you cut it--how thick and what size hook do you use?

I buy the tulle by the roll (6" X 75 feet). I then cut the tulle in half (3 inches wide). Usually I just caught the roll in half by slicing around the whole entire roll until it just splits in half but my scissors aren't sharp enough right now. When my scissors aren't sharp enough I just open the roll up and chop until I get through the whole 75 feet).

As far as hook size goes I use a "H" for the tulle and for the thicker nylon netting (the white scrubber is nylon. MUCH scratchier) I use an "I" or "J". For the nylon netting I also cut the strips smaller- about 1 1/2 inches). I cut the tulle into approx. 3 inch wide strips. Crochets up easy that way and makes it tougher.

Thank you Julee! I have used netting before but its a bear to cut into strips and even harder to work with. Tulle is much easier. Thanks for the link too

Super design, Julee -all in one! Very well done, as usual! :yes Thanks for sharing

Thanks Jeanne!!! I like the all in one also. Still have a few ideas I need to work out. My Aunt texted me some ideas for some more cool scrubber/dishcloth combos a few days ago.

Thank you Julee! I have used netting before but its a bear to cut into strips and even harder to work with. Tulle is much easier. Thanks for the link too

It is a bear to cut. That's why I switched to tulle. It's soooo nice and soft but it still does the job though.

Before shipping the tulle at that link cost about 4 cents a foot (12 cents a yard). I'm guessing it cost about 30-40 cents to make one scrubby (tulle only) plus another 20 cents for so for the cotton backing. Then, if you want to add a dishcloth to that about another $1.50. So, 2 dollars for a nice little gift that will just keep on giving.

Archived