Love how she picks colors!

I visited her website before and noticed straightaway that she has a very good eye for colour. She also approaches it correctly, working with palettes. Most of my family are artists and graphic designers, so I'd like to think I have a good eye aswell, but am nowhere near as daring as she is - more fool me. One day, when I'm grown up, I'm going to be like her :lol

Absolutely breathtaking. Such gorgeous colors. With colors combined that I would never have thought about combining with each other. I want to be like that someday. :ty for sharing this website. I really enjoyed looking at it.

She really does have a knack for choosing colors. You'll note that a lot of her inspiration comes from fabrics that are already on the market. This means that somebody else combined those colors first! However, finding the right yarns to complete those palettes can be a challenge. It's difficult to find the colors that you like as opposed to the colors that the yarn store likes!

Very cool -She plays colors beautifully like in nature.

Thank you for sharing - I'm going to make a point to be more aware of how colors are used in the fabrics of my life now, too, along with my surroundings in general, especially for the larger multi-colored projects.

Absolutely breathtaking. Such gorgeous colors. With colors combined that I would never have thought about combining with each other. I want to be like that someday. :ty for sharing this website. I really enjoyed looking at it.

this was what I was going to say hehehe

wonderful colors

finding the right yarns to complete those palettes can be a challenge. It's difficult to find the colors that you like as opposed to the colors that the yarn store likes!

Ain't it the truth! Very hard to find those intense colors, that look natural not artificial. and i've noticed that the most beautiful colors usually are in the more expensive yarns, and ones that require hand washing/flat drying. Beauty has its price:lol

I follow her blog and enjoy it immensely not only for her inspiration but her advice also. Very wise artist.

If you have not checked out her Archive for Sept., she has a few pics of her "Wooleater" blocks. Eye candy! Every once in awhile, she puts a tute on that is always fun. You probably also noticed she has an eye with the camera and knows how to play the color adjustments up to please the eye. Sucks me right in and makes me want to crochet all of the patterns she does! :hook

Stunning colors and amazing work. Not only is she gifted with crochet she also photographs her items quite well.

EDIT: I just had a thought {i know AMAZING!!}. I wonder if you went to the hardware shop and got those paint samples if you couldn't come up with some real nice color combos.

EDIT: I just had a thought {i know AMAZING!!}. I wonder if you went to the hardware shop and got those paint samples if you couldn't come up with some real nice color combos.

Good idea..thanks

I've also seen those kaliescope things where you lay several colors together and as you look through it shows you a blended view of how the colors would look worked together. I've usually seen them for quilters. I wondered about them as well. I get in a rut with color and would really like to break out but it choosing new colors makes me anxious sometimes. I did a round ripple that was a varigated LOUD green with a solid green. The greens didn't quite match and it drove me nuts. A teenager had picked the colors. She loved it but I struggled working on it and couldn't get it out of my house quick enough.

I did a round ripple that was a varigated LOUD green with a solid green. The greens didn't quite match and it drove me nuts. A teenager had picked the colors. She loved it but I struggled working on it and couldn't get it out of my house quick enough.

:headache Ouch, that sounds painful!

Love it! Love it!:manyheart Thanks for sharing this site. It makes me want to break into my stash and find my brightest, happiest colors and just make flowers and squares all day long - but then what would I do with all those flowers and squares?:eek

Archived