box stitch washcloths

magiccrochetfan

I made some washcloths with Red Heart Creme de la Creme, which I love because it feels so crisp, has great stitch definition, and working with it doesn't make my hands hurt like Sugar'n Cream.

the first one is done with the diagonal box stitch as seen here http://www.crochetcabana.com/stitches/diag-box-st.htm

the others are the crosshatch stitch as seen in Harmony guides 300 Crochet Stitches. I should have made my beginning row tighter; I learned I needed to skip only 2 chains instead of 3.

I had fun changing colors but there were a lot of ends to weave in!

post-10356-13589745659_thumb.jpg

post-10356-135897456594_thumb.jpg

post-10356-135897456597_thumb.jpg

Nice washcloths, Kathy! I hear you on the ends left in the wake of color changes, though...the burdens of beauty, anyhow, eh? Nice work! :)

Those turned out so great. I wish I had thought of that pattern sooner for dishcloths. Hmmmm......:)

...the burdens of beauty, anyhow, eh?

:lol So true, we do suffer for our art! :hook

Thanks everybody for the nice comments:) Washcloths and dishcloths are a relaxing way to try out new stitches, and I really enjoy making them with this yarn.

• 9 months later...

Love them! I have not learned that stitch but now I'm going to learn it!

Very nice! I've never done the box stitch before... Is it possible to carry the yarn through instead of cutting it?

i'm sure it would be possible to carry it but i played with it a bit and decided i'd just cut and weave in. probably would have taken less time to work out a good carrying method :lol

thanks again for the nice comments:hook

• 3 months later...

Archived