Mystery crochet along

Charles Voth

I just signed up! Eek! The eek is because I have a Prairie Star and 2 filet pieces to do for Christmas. But I couldn't resist. I have 2 skeins of Patons Kroy socks stripes, looks like I'll need some more. What a hardship, yarn shopping :lol

I finally decided I had to join, otherwise curiosity will push up my blood pressure. BUT ... the message I got was that my application is pending so maybe I won't get to join after all, and will just have to live with my curiosity.

I just signed up. Just waiting for approval.

I have a whole bunch of pink fingering weight yarn that I picked up on clearance a while back. Hope fully it is enough. If not, I also have a bunch of very fine baby yarn in a pretty blue shade.

I can just imagine what my hubby will say, when I start listening to crochet patterns......

I finally decided I had to join, otherwise curiosity will push up my blood pressure. BUT ... the message I got was that my application is pending so maybe I won't get to join after all, and will just have to live with my curiosity.

you will get aproved... It did that for me too... being its a group.. you have to be arpoved by the Mod Charles.. I'm holding on pins n needles lOL I just can'twaite!!

I just signed up. Just waiting for approval.

I have a whole bunch of pink fingering weight yarn that I picked up on clearance a while back. Hope fully it is enough. If not, I also have a bunch of very fine baby yarn in a pretty blue shade.

I can just imagine what my hubby will say, when I start listening to crochet patterns......

yea when i listen to the Test file my husband is WTFrigg u doing. lol

I tryed to tell him.. It's called a CAL. and you get bits n pices of a pattern to crochet.. you listen to the file n do what he said... he gose Ok whatver i do not understand what your trying to say lOL!!!!!!

Hi.

I've just read through all the posts here. I hope that everyone who has been waiting for approval to get into the group got their emails in a timely fashion. I've been trying to approve joiners every 12 hours if my other duties in life, and my job allow it. :)

We are nearly ready to go. Does anyone have questions about the audio files, how to send pictures, or anything else?

We are almost ready for takeoff!

Best,

Charles

Yay!!! My yarn is here. I thought that my order was going to be shipped from Canada but it was shipped from washington so it got here super fast.

I really like the yarn I chose. It's pretty nice stuff.

Julee

Wish I could join, but with work and every thing else in my life I have a hard time finishing things. Plus I don't think I could follow audio instructions. I have tried before, and couldn't keep up and got realy frustrated. And don't have the right yarn and can't afford it right now. Have fun everyone sounds interesting

would love to give this one a go as i have a large amount of alpaca sock weight yarn i had spun up from my 15 (at the time) year old girl. i really need to do something nice with this yarn as she has been diagnosed with brain cancer and i don't know how long she will be with us as the vet couldn't say either

I think I'll try this. I'm really trying to start crocheting :crocheting again. Haven't felt like picking up my hooks :hook since my mom passed away June 07. I had just finished a star baby blanket not long before that that she watched me make. This sounds like something nice I can send my dil for christmas. :wreath My son just joined the Air Force and his first duty station is Vandenberge AFB in California. They're complaining about the cold :wcold in the evenings. lol They'll feel it more cause we're from Guam where its hot :hot all year long. :lol

Okay, I've requested to join. Hope I get in.

Hello Pat.

Sorry about your mom...it's always hard to take up certain past-times during the grieving cycle. Welcome to the group and I hope you like it. :)

Best,

Charles

Thanks Charles. I was just looking at the list of yarn choices you listed. There's no way I can get anything like that here. Would sock yarn be okay? And how about LB's Pound of love yarn or maybe tlc's baby yarn? Those I have. Waiting to hear back. Thanks.

sock yarn is great...the finer, the better. Some sock yarn is almost DK or heavy sport weight, so you would need to up the hook size. :hook If you have some around, what is the knitting gauge (sts per 4")? If it is less than 28 sts per 4" then you'll need to use a size F,G or H to get the drape, non stiff feel and the scarf will be wider (the length can be adjusted) TLS recommends a G hook (knitting gauge 22 sts/4") Pound of love would not work at all...it's worsted weight. When you say you can't get it "here" where is "here"? :think

sock yarn is great...the finer, the better. Some sock yarn is almost DK or heavy sport weight, so you would need to up the hook size. :hook If you have some around, what is the knitting gauge (sts per 4")? If it is less than 28 sts per 4" then you'll need to use a size F,G or H to get the drape, non stiff feel and the scarf will be wider (the length can be adjusted) TLS recommends a G hook (knitting gauge 22 sts/4") Pound of love would not work at all...it's worsted weight. When you say you can't get it "here" where is "here"? :think

How many balls of sock yarn? i have 2 skeins of purple sock yarn. that i just rolled into balls. what is the other suggested.. Madyson just got a box of yarn in the mail ysterday. and there is some nice thin ones.. I would love to suprise her with a shawl to go with her hats!

"Here" is the Island of Guam in the pacific. There is only one craft store where you can get any kind of yarn and sometimes the selection is not that great. It takes them a very long time to get any new shipments in. Oh, and did I mention that because we have to ship everything in to the Island I pay about double what the ladies in the states pay for thiers? Thats why my "stash" is not as big as most others.

Sorry. I just saw this today. Baby yarn will be the right thickness, but you'll need to set the acrylic for the scarf to look right. I'll be giving instructions on that in the group.

Sorry. I just saw this today. Baby yarn will be the right thickness, but you'll need to set the acrylic for the scarf to look right. I'll be giving instructions on that in the group.

Thanks, I only found 2 skiens of it for now(baby yarn). I couldn't find my sock yarn which I know would've been right for this. I just downloaded the audio file with the help of my son so I could listen and do it later. Right now we have to get ready for work. Can't wait to start. Saw the other ladies works and I can't wait. :):yes

Archived