Wheel Stitch Square (Tutorial now in Blog)

CrochetDad

That's it! I'm going home, getting out my lap-top, my yarn, and my hook and giving this a try using your step by step instructions! I love the way it looks! Is this how you are working the afghan as well? Or is that different?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's it! I'm going home, getting out my lap-top, my yarn, and my hook and giving this a try using your step by step instructions! I love the way it looks! Is this how you are working the afghan as well? Or is that different?

Deb,

The Wheel Stitch Tutorial is just to get you into the mood of the wheel stitch. I don't enjoy joining motifs, although I'm tempted with this one...so I'll be making a rectangular version using this stitch. The only thing different is how you start. Instead of one "wheel" in the center, I'm starting with a string of wheels.

post-13211-135897442022_thumb.jpg

I love the square and the blanket you are making.

Would this be an easy pattern for a middle rated beginner?

Kathy,

I think I would rate this block (and the Wheel Stitch itself) as "Easy" - just one step up from beginner. There are no complicated steps, if I've written the steps properly. :think

It's a very rewarding stitch as you watch the wheels being completed. :yes

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

i love your square. ive never seen one like it.i hope to start one after the first if the year. thank you so much for sharing . love nana:yay:yay:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love this pattern. I just finished the catherine wheel stitch pattern and made a queen size bedspread. I must admit I love it in the square that you made also. Very neat. I do love those granny square patterns. You can do so much with them!!!

Archived