Triple play and winged hair kerchief (shawl) - now with link

crochetfun

I finally finished Triple Play. I used a lighter weight cottonblend, so it took about a week to complete it. I liked the pattern.

The shawl is based on the Winged Hair Kerchief pattern. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7691

I really liked the way the top end curves.skirtnshawl.jpg

Here is a better look at the skirt:tripleplay.jpg

And the shawl:yellowshawl.jpg

I love the skirt! I wish I could see it closer. I'm guessing you lined it?

Thank you.

No, I did not line it. My daughter just went out to buy a slip to wear under it. Aside from the double crochet rows (2) it is pretty solid. I will try to get a close-up though.

I'm so jealous. Your skirt is so much cuter than my skirt. Great job.

I don't see that, but thank you anyhow.

Yours has more body because of the yarn you used. :)

Very nice. I made the Triple Play with WW like it said and it was heavy so I think I will use your choice of a cotton blend the next time. It look's great on your daughter. What do her friends think about her crocheted clothing?

Thank you.

This yarn I bought on a cone, I am not exactly sure what is the mix, it is almost ribbon-like but thin (14 wraps/inch). However, with the 5.5 mm hook that translated to about 50 % more rows. (I was anxious to finish that is why a week seemed like a long time)

My daughter's friends put in requests. Some are more challenging than others. Right now I need to make a wrap skirt for the beach and a crocheted bra. The latter is giving me a lot of grief.:)

Everything looks wonderful...once again;) . What yarn did you use for the Triple Play? I have the pattern and was wondering what others used. Great job on that shawl too!

Archived