Lion's Brand free patterns

I just got an email from Lion's Brand news letter. They stated that in these economical times they are offering their 2700 patterns free through their website. They will still sell pattern that they do not own on behalf of those designer. But they are wanting to help with the financial struggle and hardship that most of their customers are enduring at this time.

I say kudo's them :clap:cheer And more patterns for me...

Did anyone else get this email?

yes! and i think they are taking a better way

than annies attic in response to the economy.

i have communicated this idea to both lion brand and annies attic.

from annies attic previous response it looks like they could care less.

go lion brand :ty lion brand

:cheer:yay:jumpyay:woo

I got the email but I haven't been able to look at patterns because the site is so lagged it gives me an error.

:(

I think you can blame LadyKats for publicizing it on Crochetville. A hundred eager crochet addicts probably clogged their servers :hook...

I think it would be nice to send them an email thank you with lots of signatures... How could that be done?

we would need approval to start...

What method would work - I am a technopeasant so others will have to fill in there.

I think they should know that we see what they are doing and we value that choice.

No I didn't but I have always liked their free patterns - and the fact they will offer even more is quite generous of them! I say Kudos to them too!:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

I received the email as well, and I think it's REALLY nice of them to do this! When I started to read the email, I burst out giggling, though, because the way it was worded sounded EXACTLY like the commercial for Schooner Tuna in the movie Mr. Mom! It would have been perfect if it had ended with "Lion Brand Yarn. The Yarn with a heart." :lol

I think it would be nice to send them an email thank you with lots of signatures... How could that be done?

Actually, the company would probably find more value in receiving individual thank you notes from people.

The problem with one note that includes lots of email signatures is that the company would have no way to know whether all the email addresses included were valid.

But if they receive emails from lots of individual Crochetville members, they just might sit up and take notice.

If you do write to Lion Brand, feel free to let them know that their decision to make all their patterns available for free is being talked about in a very positive manner here on the 'Ville. :)

Amy I think you are correct in each of us emailing them. Hopefully we won't flood there mail box to much. But if anyone would like to send a comment or thank you to Lion's Brand here is the link....

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/lionbrand/questionRouting.cgi?store=/stores/lionbrand&customerQuestionForm=1

There is a pattern on lion brand for a shurg. It said it is done:help . Please tell me what side to side means.

Thanks

It means that you start at one cuff and work across the back to the other cuff (or sleeve etc)

Thanks so much for posting the link to send the thank you note to Lion Brand! I wrote them a nice little note thanking them for being so thoughtful. It really was VERY nice of them to do that!

Well it had to happen sooner or later... I started a CAL to thank LB for this gesture.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1827197#post1827197

head on over if you meet one of the two requirements:

1, use a Lion Brand pattern

2. use a Lion Brand yarn.

We are going to have some fun on this one. Make a flower or make a full afghan... whatever works for you.

Archived