Seeing my work being judged.

This year, I found out that you can go up to the fairgrounds and watch the judge as he goes through all the pieces of work, comments about them and then awards all the prizes.

In the past, I turned the work in on Monday, and then Wednesday, it was already judged and on display. This year, I'm going to see it.

So wish me luck on my entries at the county fair.

:manyheart

Good luck with that. We can't watch them judge here which is a good thing cause I don't agree at all with some of the comments some of the judges have (like my hat isn't shaped right even though it fits my head perfect and is VERY comfortable).

Good luck at the fair!!

Julee

I've been going to judging at our local fair for years and I find it pretty interesting and educational. You learn what they're looking for and sometimes after the judging, the judges have beenopen tome asking questions about what they like/don't like.

Good luck! And make sure you let us know how you do!

:hookColleen

Good luck! I don't know if I could watch, but I bet it will be interesting. Our fair closes the Home Ec building for judging for he first 1/2 of the opening day of the fair. I always wondered how they did it and if there was more than one judge. Let us know how it goes. I bet you will do great!

Best of luck, Linda!

I should probably know this, but I'm just curious as to who it is that judges such competitions?...Professional crocheters?, general "crafters"?, textile experts?...celebrity guests?

Good luck!! I'll bet that it would be very interesting and educational to be there during the judging. It can give you a heads up as to what they are looking for and what to submit next year.

I did pretty good, with 6 blue ribbons, but the judging is too harsh to withstand again. Very rough about using acrylics, which is what my budget calls for, esspecially because I am not working right now.

I'll keep on entering, but I won't go to the judging.

I did pretty good, with 6 blue ribbons, but the judging is too harsh to withstand again. Very rough about using acrylics, which is what my budget calls for, esspecially because I am not working right now.

Great job!! 6 blue ribbons is amazing!!!

Hmm, sounds like a case of "Yarn Snobbery". Don't they realize that some of us can't afford the super expensive nice yarns. Besides, acrylic's not that bad.

Julee

Congratulations on your ribbons! You are too modest about your work, 6 blue ribbons (plus all the others you won!) is great. I still cannot believe the judging. Great job again, we'd love to see pictures.

Great job!! 6 blue ribbons is amazing!!!

Hmm, sounds like a case of "Yarn Snobbery". Don't they realize that some of us can't afford the super expensive nice yarns. Besides, acrylic's not that bad.

Julee

I agree, especially if you use one of the softer acrylic yarns.

Well, you must be REALLY good if you got 6 blue ribbons, despite the judges' dislike of acrylics - they just couldn't resist your work! Good job you didn't use fancy yarns or you'd have really blown the competition out of the water... that would've almost been too unfair towards the others :yes Come on, let's rearrange the truth: you used acrylic ON PURPOSE just to give the others a sporting chance :D

And pictures, please, please, please? :)

Sounds like yarn snobbery to me! Gee, ALL of my state winners and almost all of my county winners are made with acrylic and the Ohio judges never said a word about it, as near as I can tell.

Besides, acylic wears and washes so much better and makes for a blanket that can be used and loved. Maybe they just sit and look at their work instead of actually using it!

Congrats on all the blues!

:hookColleen

Archived