The one WIM I wish I could get to

I have been thinking for a bit that I would like to start a WIM CAL. We all try to be so dutiful to finish our *WIPs and **UFOs but sometimes it would be nice to just play hooky for a week or so to make that one WIM that is always on our "list"but never makes it to the top past all the gotta dos that we have on hand.

For myself... I think I would really like to make a non-motif afghan with lots of colours :dreaming (and all those ends :eek... well I could just do one of the fringe your ends then :think )

Don't get me wrong... I love all the stuff that I have going or on hand... I guess it is just the bad little girl in me that want's a day off school :rofl

How about the rest of you :? What would be your perfect WIM if time and money were not a problem?

*WIP =Work In Progress

** UFO = UnFinished Object

For me, it would be a Seraphina shawl. Didn't even have to think a minute on that one! LOL

I've been drooling over these shawls ever since I first saw one:dreaming, and even have the yarn, actually I have two to choose from. I have enough Homespun in a beautiful blue colorway and I have Joanne's rainbow boucle in varigated blue, of course.

I started one, a couple years back, and only got to row 9 or 10 before I was totally lost. :blush I actually consider myself an intermediate level crocheter, but for some reason I just couldn't "get" this pattern.

Now that the pattern is hosted on Crochetville, with lots of extra help and instructions, I will attempt it again one day.

It's just that there's always something else I have to do first. My daughter gave birth to my first Granddaughter a little over a year ago, my niece had a baby girl shortly after and of course I keep busy making things for them.

Then there are always dishcloths and potholders for friends, I really want to make a doily, some slippers, some fingerless gloves for this winter when my computer room is freezing, and on and on.

One of those days I'll get to that Seraphina! :hook

just play hooky
:lol Isn't that what we're already doing...? ;)

You've posed an interesting question. I'll have to think about that. Since I work with thread (low cost already) and love making doilies when a pattern catches my eye, I'm sort of already there. I seem to be an oddball here as I rarely have more than 1 project going at a time.

I also need to finish the Cathedral rose wndow afghan. It is half way done and I just cant drag myself to finish it. I have all those circles to make and it at the point where its crochet a little finish off over and over.:eek

Let's see... it's not time that's the problem for me, it's the money part, but if money were no object, I would make a HUGELY gigantic afghan out of Lion Brand Suede. I love the way it feels and I think it would make a REALLY cozy afghan, but I would want it to be a BIG afghan that DH and I could both cuddle under, along with however many kitties wanted to join in. :lol

Sometime, I want to make a Navajo Afghan with the pattern my mother used. She never used the traditional colors from the original pattern, but I'd like to do that, but I'm torn. I'll probably need to make two; one in traditional colors and one in the jewel/country colors of Vanna's Choice. I'm working on squares for an afghan using them, and I really love how they work up. Right now I'm making a baby afghan that includes the spike stitch, so I figure I'm ready for the Navajo pattern anytime now.

My work in mind is a plarn bag. I've been collecting the colored bags but just haven't had them time to sit down and make it due to Wedding gifts, baby gifts and charity projects!!

Oh geez, my WIM's and there are many of them is one the cathedral Rose window, I have the pattern and the yarn, just not the time, and the wooleater Afghan and long cardigan and there are just a number more that I really want to do. Maybe after September I will be able to get a couple more done, like the Loops and Lace Irish Rose at Annie's attic. Then there are a few more that are like sitting in my stash room beckoning to be next.

yeah, me too. on the Rose Cathedral window pattern. I have done about 2/3 of it. But go really tired of the pattern, and all the circles. Its in the bottom of my closet. Its more fun to make little projects, and then go on to the next one.

I also have plenty WIM projects for both crochet and knit. I guess the one that I would really like to drop all my other WIP would be the infinity wrap from the Winter 2007 Interweave crochet magazine.

The Cathedral Rose window afghan is a close second.....

I am actually working on two of my WIMs right now. I bought yarn to make a pink and white afghan about a year ago, and have finally gotten around to working on it. I am a bit over half-way through.

My other WIM is a flower afghan from a book. The pattern required lots of tweaking (originally poorly written, IMHO). I am also using a really nice yarn that is a wool and alpaca blend, so that definitely is satisfying a WIM.

The reason I actually stopped working on the more "required" crochet projects was as DH's urging. He thought that since I was on vacation from law school this summer, I should make a couple of things that are for me or that I really wanted to make.

I think that sometimes you just have to stop what you are working on and do a WIM.

Archived