two tiny teddybears

Momcrochets

These little characters were fun to make. I used the "Itzy Bitzy Bear" pattern from an old "Scrap Crochet" book. The brown one is regular size 10 thread, Worked using a 1.50mm comfort hook (thank you--you know who you are) the other is size 8 perle cotton with size 80 tatting thread (found it at hobby lobby--dmc "lavender and sage") worked using a 1.25mm comfort hook (thanks again,) but that was almost too tight. lol

Each one only took a couple of evenings worth of work. It was surprisingly fast, and fun to do. I'm sure I'll be making more of these. They're just about 2.5-3" tall (that's a tissue box behind them)

post-7396-135897419398_thumb.jpg

post-7396-135897419402_thumb.jpg she's feeling a little shy today -- see her toes

(sorry they're rotated wrong)

Oh, how cute! Mom, these are adorable! I can see them tucked into small gifts as a bit of lagniappe (which means a little something extra according to the Cajuns in Louisana). Shoot, these are cute and sweet enough to be the whole gift!

(Carla's mind starts working: let's see, 8 grandchildren, everybody gets a different color, maybe by Christmas? Need to check current favorite colors of grands. Hmmmmm...)

:D Carla, they'd work up fast enough for gifts for the grands. Add a tiny "bed" or blankie, and it's all set for play time (hmm, tiny tea sets) that will get bigger kids something to create accessories for, too. or attach a key-ring to the bear, and it's an adorable keychain!

hmmm. I think I'll have to look up that book to get the proper title ;)

:D Carla, they'd work up fast enough for gifts for the grands. Add a tiny "bed" or blankie, and it's all set for play time (hmm, tiny tea sets) that will get bigger kids something to create accessories for, too. or attach a key-ring to the bear, and it's an adorable keychain!

hmmm. I think I'll have to look up that book to get the proper title ;)

The boys would want to fight with them, not put them to sleep! :lol

Thanks everyone.

True Carla, they'd become teddy-ninja's or whatever warrior is all the rage now.

fyi 101 Easy Scrap Crochet Projects is the title of the book. It is by Laura Scott, and currently out of print.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived