June All Charity Event June 18th - 22nd

darski

Hi everyone! How's it going?!?!

Here are pics of the burial gown and hat. I lined the gown today and crocheted the hat. I have started the matching booties and afghan to go with it. I probably won't get the afghan done before the charity weekend is over, but I hope to have a good start on it.

On the gown, the side with the ties is the back (completely open down the back).

That is just beautiful. I have a special fondness for burial gowns. They are such an act of love. imagine having need of one of them and there it is.

I always believe that the moms and dads can feel the love and the hugs over the miles. :ghug

Bless you. I cannot work with the yarns it takes to make these - did one but maybe when I get to heaven I can dress them there .

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... buy some yarn that made perfect sense when you bought them (pounders :eek ) that would make a couple of rows on a scarf and then you have these 15.75 ounces of yarn skeins waiting to be something?

I figured I would use the bright YELLOW and the bright ORANGE for this event. I am doing that but it is a challenge. The motif is not as good at this as I thought it would be so the motif, the yellow and the orange sort of make up a trifecta of "What not to crochet" :rofl

Two rows done and joined... pics maybe tomorrow if the sky is nice.

Great stuff. They are so cheerful :yay

Is there a lot of call for these? I am always looking for items that might sell at a bazaar and this seems like a good possible.

That is just beautiful. I have a special fondness for burial gowns. They are such an act of love. imagine having need of one of them and there it is.

I always believe that the moms and dads can feel the love and the hugs over the miles. :ghug

Bless you. I cannot work with the yarns it takes to make these - did one but maybe when I get to heaven I can dress them there .

It will be five years in August since my son died. He was buried in an outfit and blanket that was crocheted and donated. Every year for his birthday, I do something for the NICU he was in.

We definitely feel the love and hugs over the miles. It's not right away, but several months down the road, we get it. I can't express how much it means....I have been saying that a lot lately, but it's true.

... buy some yarn that made perfect sense when you bought them (pounders :eek ) that would make a couple of rows on a scarf and then you have these 15.75 ounces of yarn skeins waiting to be something?

I figured I would use the bright YELLOW and the bright ORANGE for this event. I am doing that but it is a challenge. The motif is not as good at this as I thought it would be so the motif, the yellow and the orange sort of make up a trifecta of "What not to crochet" :rofl

Two rows done and joined... pics maybe tomorrow if the sky is nice.

I do that all of the time with yarn. :lol

Here are the Walker/wheelchair bags I have made. The red/white/blue was finished several days before this CAL but the red one was done yesterday and this morning.

I love those! Great job.

I have 2 bookmarks done so far, and am off to watch some baseball and make some more...

have a great night all!

:cheer

I made a burial set out of Pound Of Love. It is on Bevs site.

I finished up a preemie dress today. Dunno what else I will get done this weekend.

[ATTACH]3468[/ATTACH]

That is beautiful!

I finished the preemie afghan. I've posted pictures of the afghan and booties plus the entire burial set together. :hook I have accomplished much more during this charity weekend than in May.

post-28827-135897417427_thumb.jpg

post-28827-135897417437_thumb.jpg

I finished the preemie afghan. I've posted pictures of the afghan and booties plus the entire burial set together. :hook I have accomplished much more during this charity weekend than in May.

That set is just so beautiful . :cry

:hug

It seems everyone is speeding right along. Everything looks so nice. I have to go shampoo the carpet in the dining room. Already finished the den and bedroom. We will do upstairs tomorrow. After the dining room I will be in an even more desperate need of a shower. Once that is done I will grab my hook and yarn and get started.

According to my outdoor thermometer thingy it got up to 100 degrees today. Phew it was hot.

Nicole, You did such a nice job!:clap. The burial set is really pretty.

Jamie

Lots of tails to weave in but I'm making progress:

9 spiral scrubbies

8 dishcloths

4 hot pads - experimenting with stripes

Thank goodness for my stash of PC cotton that I got in one of those "grab bag" type purchases. Now, what am I doing to do with all the thread that was included? I not big on using thread.

I just can't seem to make this motif behave. I have put so much time into it now that I don't want to give up but boy oh boy.

I have had everyone and everything happen these last two days so i am behind on time to start with but this pattern.

Have you ever hit this kind of thing... it just doesn't usually happen to me :sigh no credit to me.... I just usually do easy stuff :rofl

well back to the grind

:blush I have not touched my hook this weekend. It's the first chance I've had to relax in like a month and I've just rested and slept and read a book. I have managed to get eight 6 1/2" squares made for converting into preemie afghans and hope to get some more made tomorrow. I've been sick with bronchitis, ear infections, and sinus infection for the last two weeks, so I guess it's all just caught up with me. Sigh! :blush

Darski, I'm sure you'll make it with that bear of a pattern. Sometimes things sound simple and just end up being a pain. :hug

:blush I have not touched my hook this weekend. It's the first chance I've had to relax in like a month and I've just rested and slept and read a book. I have managed to get eight 6 1/2" squares made for converting into preemie afghans and hope to get some more made tomorrow. I've been sick with bronchitis, ear infections, and sinus infection for the last two weeks, so I guess it's all just caught up with me. Sigh! :blush

Darski, I'm sure you'll make it with that bear of a pattern. Sometimes things sound simple and just end up being a pain. :hug

:hugTake care of you first and foremost.:hug There will always be another Charity event.

And thanks for your support on that square. :wlol

I got a bunch accomplished Thursday and Friday, but didn't do much of anything Saturday and Sunday. I want to get a few things done tonight though. Then I'll post my totals tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great week.

Good work all. :cheer This seems to have been the month of challenges for this event... life happens like that.

Once again, please post your totals in

Large

Colourful

so that I can find them easily.

Posting time is by noon hour on Tuesday June 23rd

I was convinced that I would only make 4 rows of motifs but today I think I will add that 5th row after all. I should be able to get them done and connected by midnight :dreaming

I have hosted 3 in a row ( :ty )... do we have someone who wants to host in July?

I got a few bookmarks and a couple of squares done. I will try to post pics later today or tomorrow. I need to count them and maybe try to block a few today. I hurt my shoulder so we will have to see what I can do.

Thanks, Nicole. :hug

Darski, my total is twelve 6 1/2" squares for joining at a later date into 3 preemie afghans. Thanks ever so much for hosting again! :hug:manyheart:hug

I only got 3 things done. I had intended to sew some squares up but the square tote is in storage. I am doing links instea of uploads for the pics as I am to tired to wait for them to upload.

Preemie dress & hat to match...

c365/d243

Preemie Hat

Hat for Brendas (goofy on the ville) charity...

Tassle Hat

I only got 3 things done. I had intended to sew some squares up but the square tote is in storage. I am doing links instea of uploads for the pics as I am to tired to wait for them to upload.

Preemie dress & hat to match...

c365/d243

Preemie Hat

Hat for Brendas (goofy on the ville) charity...

Tassle Hat

Your items are lovely, Jessica. Very nicely done.

Archived