The April Charity Square Along this weekend -with hats

darski

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my finished lapghan from this weekends squares!

th_RosieGranny409.jpg

Will be donated to Pine Ridge Reservation for an elder.

That is very nice... did you use various squares for that or is it just the wowing of the photo? Love it

Welcome aboard all. This is going to be an excellent adventure for all of us.

And thank you for your kind wishes. Truth isI forgot all about the birthday and was only thinking of this CAL. Once you get to 60 you only have to do birthdays every other year - yeah that's a law here in Canada...

Yah buying that :?

:rofl

I'll be 60 in June & I'm actually gonna have a party for a change. I think 60 is an amazing age! Go celebrate girl!!!

Sorry I missed the thread, just saw this in "new posts", but I do think I can do a few squares today.

I'll be 60 in June & I'm actually gonna have a party for a change. I think 60 is an amazing age! Go celebrate girl!!!

Sorry I missed the thread, just saw this in "new posts", but I do think I can do a few squares today.

well yeah but 60 was last year.

I was forced to attend a party for that one. My dues are paid in full

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Could you please make your posts

Big

Bold

And Colourful

I will be going through looking for them and I plan to just skim to find those posts in the midst of all the posts from today.

EG: I have completed 25 - 8" squares

Thanks all. it has been a great long weekend for this one. If I can get the reporting done correctly, I would be willing to host for other months.

Happy belated b-day, Darski! I hope you had a fun and wonderful day!

I am still plugging away, I just wanted to check in while I got a "turn" on hubby's computer...

so far, I have only 6 8" squares. They are granny's with a smaller hook than I like to typically use... and my speed doesn't seem to be as good as I should be able to do...:blush

I am tryin' tho....

nice to see everyone!

I'll be back later with my big and colorful post!

We all do what we can LeaAnne. I figure if the heart is in the right place the hands will follow. I rarely ever get my ghans finished during the weekend.

I am faced with an interesting situation. I did a quick glance to make sure I had t pounders of my green before the weekend began. My quick look saw another light green skein in my darkened storage room but it is a different green, Now I could have worked with these two greens if I had started that way but I can't switch at this point.

Now, since this is continuous join I could rip back the five rows I have (of 5 squares each) so that I can work in 4 squares per row in order to get more rows. 4 squares would be wide enough at 32 inches across. I plan to use a border which would get me some grace there.

But the thought of redoing all that joining.. sigh.

Well I guess I'll have to think on this a bit.

I might just decide it is a baby blanket after all at 5 X 5 squares. It would be a good floor ghan for baby at this size.

I really had the idea I was going to have loads of time to devote to squares this time around,my hook has laid idle since mid week

Awww :ghug

Maybe next month :cheer

Happy Belated Birthday Darski!!! :cake

I just got back from our weekend run to Ohio. I didn't get anymore squares done and don't have time to do anymore for a few days so my total is.....

3- 5.5in squares

2- 7 in squares. .

We all do what we can LeaAnne. I figure if the heart is in the right place the hands will follow. I rarely ever get my ghans finished during the weekend.

I am faced with an interesting situation. I did a quick glance to make sure I had t pounders of my green before the weekend began. My quick look saw another light green skein in my darkened storage room but it is a different green, Now I could have worked with these two greens if I had started that way but I can't switch at this point.

Now, since this is continuous join I could rip back the five rows I have (of 5 squares each) so that I can work in 4 squares per row in order to get more rows. 4 squares would be wide enough at 32 inches across. I plan to use a border which would get me some grace there.

But the thought of redoing all that joining.. sigh.

Well I guess I'll have to think on this a bit.

I might just decide it is a baby blanket after all at 5 X 5 squares. It would be a good floor ghan for baby at this size.

thanks for the encouragement, Darski... :hug

so sorry about your green dilemma. :sad I guess that is the downside of the continuous join. 5x5 sounds like the perfect size for a baby ghan, tho!

I have 2 more squares done, so that makes 8 8"ers. and found 1 6" peach in my bag. I think I have 2 granny's left in this skein, and will probably keep going, but will store them for the next go around, as I wouldn't probably be able to post again till tomorrow.

8 8"squares

1 6"square

I will update if I can later on tonight. what time is the cutoff?

Thanks again for running this round! You have done a beautiful job:clap:cheer:hug

I will update if I can later on tonight. what time is the cutoff?

Thanks again for running this round! You have done a beautiful job:clap:cheer:hug

Thank you for your kind words.

I have been thinking about the cut off time.

I think it will work best if I make the post time to be 12 noon tues. EST.

that gives everyone a chance to get 'em done and get 'em posted.

:manyheartI want to thank all of you who have participated in this event.:manyheart

Every square is going to make someone happy :ghug

I'll post my total since Monday's are bad nights for me with crocheting and I dont think I will be able to get to more.

8" Squares = 15

Hats= 2

The lapghan has various squares but they are not all showing up. This was fun and I hope to join you again!

I'm done for this month.

8 - Preemie hats: 2 medium, 3 small, & 3 teeny, tiny all with colorful pompoms on top.

See you all next month. :hi

Thanks Darski for hosting this month. I am going to go ahead and post as I prolly won't get anymore done. Homework is interfering with my crochet time :(:lol. :cheer:clap:yayGreat job everyone!!!!!!

Here's a pic of the ghan (along with the unattached strips) I have been working on which will be donated to a women's center that helps women(and children) in need.

001-12.jpg?t=1240285186

Totals are:

14- 6"

1- 5"

3- 4"

12 saltines

21 circles of hope

1 hat

Thank you all for your colourful posts. I will give everyone the time to get posted.

This was fun.

I will just be reporting numbers of items completed. I hope others will read through this thread to see what each member contributed.

Great work all :ghug

I am just putting a trim row on the hat I am making to finish that green yarn that would not be squares :sigh

:rofl

Here's a pic of the ghan (along with the unattached strips) I have been working on which will be donated to a women's center that helps women(and children) in need.

001-12.jpg?t=1240285186

That is one cheery ghan. :yay

I love your scraps... totally kewl!

I am going to post my totals now...

I completed

twenty-five - 8in squares.

One - 6in square (which will become a baby bottle keeper)

1 child's hat.

The good news is that I finished off 2 pounders so my dreadful stashbusting score will get a bit better this week. Not bad to finish a pounder in a long weekend :yes

of course this means that I now have space for 2 more pounders in my storage area :yes:yay

2 baby hats

6 hexagons (made into baby sweaters)

4 squares

1 afghan (made from 24 squares from past square CAL's)

Thank you again Darski :hugfor hosting this month's CAL

Look forward to seeing everyone again next month :hook

everyone did a fantastic job!! :cheer

I managed 3/4 of a 12 inch square....:blush working doubl shifts, trying to study and having a warm sunny day really threw me off.

Well I think we did a pretty good job on this event.

I am only posting general totals as I am not great at visual clutter (i.e. lots of sizes of lots of squares :blush:sigh )

We made 21 hats from tiny preemie up to adult sizes. :yay

We made 103 squares that range from saltines up to a 9" of 12" square :wlol

We have 3 baby sweaters made (or the hexes made to make them)

And we got 2 ghans completed from previous efforts.

I really like this idea of including any charity crochet. Next time I host I will allow anything that is made or finished for charitable giving.

This place is just the best. We have more loving :bheart per capita than any other place on earth. :ghug

thank you to all who participated

If I miss your name, please let me know so I can include it

Foster mom

Scoobydoo - contributed the largest number of squares/hats (41/1)

hseger

stitch in time

KellyA

Busy Bee limit

darski

Thanks, Darski! Here is a picture of the hats I made this month and the preemie afghans made from last month's squares (3 of the multicolor versions & 2 of the orange & beige version).

DCP_1594.jpgDCP_1591.jpg

DCP_1592.jpgDCP_1593.jpg

That is one cheery ghan. :yay

I love your scraps... totally kewl!

TY TY. I have been trying to get them all used up, but seems like every time I turn around I find more :lol. :cheer:clap:yay Great job everyone!!! I loved seeing all the pics of the great looking blankets, squares, and hats. TFS and thanks again for hosting darski!!!!!

Archived