The April Charity Square Along this weekend -with hats

darski

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it started today then I guess I'm in. :D I just happened to have made 5 squares today. It will probably be all I can get since we're going out of town this weekend but at least it's 5 to add to the count. :)

3 5.5in squares

2 7 in squares.

What a sweetie to add your squares in. :hug

We will still be going until midnight on Monday so any more would not go amiss :wlol

I've got 1 hat done and 2 started. 1 baby and 1 adult. ;)

I'm going to check out this continous join method for squares, it sounds nifty. :D

It's nifty, its addictive, its wonderful! LOL. Can you tell I like it? :(

Gee how can you have a hard time knitting with a porcupine :?:rofl I am so bad at dpns but I do keep trying.

You are so bad!!! :lol :lol :lol

For next month, I plan to try it with this square but only up to the 8th round. I am interested in trying this with a join every other stitch along the edges... just curious is all :scrachin

That is a gorgeous square. Thanks for sharing it.

My preemie hat is almost done. Just have to take it off the needles and make a tiny pompom for the top. It turned out very cute. And using the double pointed needles is going better the more I do it.

Okay, goal is 4 12" squares....although I'm a day and a half late and I work double shiift on Saturday.:hook

Okay, goal is 4 12" squares....although I'm a day and a half late and I work double shiift on Saturday.:hook

hang in there.

I find that the 12 inch squares are a challenge for me. they seem to go on just a tad longer than my patience.

For today, I have finished 6 more squares and 5 of them are all attached and completed already.

WOW darski you are fast! I finished three 8" squares. I am trying to make enough to combine with the ten I have for a lapghan to donate. You say you get bored with 12" and I feel that way about 8"! I just cant seem to find one that I like, that works up fast. I dont want to resort to the plain ole granny. Oh well at least I can continuous join! LOL

wow... you ladies are all doing so well :blush

I have 1 more measley done...tomorrow will be spent at the school playground, helping to paint a US map on the pavement, then packing bags for our trip to CapeCod that we will be embarking on right after softball practice and field cleanup day in the afternoon.

my big push will be on Sunday, when nobody will have anything else for me to do :devil

keep up the good work, friends, and I'll see you on Sunday (unless I can sneak on my 12 y/o DD's laptop tomorrow nite:lol)

hugs-:hug

:cheer:clap:yay:hug Everyone is doing a great job!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!

I just saw this yesterday so I am a little late getting started. I have been working on a scrap granny square afghan and I am using the "Join As You Go" joining method. I am trying to use up all my little scraps by making squares and using scraps from the squares to make saltines and circles of hope. I am not sure if the saltines and circles of hope count so I listed them anyways.

Last night this is what I got made:

3 - 6" squares

1- 5" square

3- 4" squares

12 saltines

21 circles of hope

1 hat

Everyone is doing great! :clap I am reporting in with 4 preemie hats in assorted sizes and colors done so far. The double pointed needles are working easier with each hat I make. :knit

Everyone is crocheting/knitting up a storm! I got 4 more 8" squares done last night for a total of 7! I need 30 for a lapghan. I love joining them but the square making can get tedious for me when they are bigger than 6". I know, makes no sense...LOL

Going to work on some more tonight and maybe start another hat. I've got this huge things of baby lavender so everything I have made is lavender. I really need another color!

Enjoy the weekend everyone

This is looking very pretty. i can't remember the last time that I made a plain ole granny either...

joined4rows.jpg

Now I am considering what to do/use for a border..:think

BTW, the upper corner square with the yarn tag is square # 1. I had to find some way to get oriented as I add each new row. :wlol

That looks great darski! I am about to start mine. I'm doing five rows of five with a border so that should be plenty big for a lapghan. I have to border a few of the non traditional granny squares first.

:yay:cheer:clap:hug Happy Birthday Darski. May your day be filled with lots of :heart, :hugs, and may all your wishes come true. Hope you get lots of nice :gifts and eat lots of :cakeand :icecream too.

:bday:birthday:party

Thank you all. :ghug

Truth is that I don't actually 'do' birthdays. I am aware of getting much older of course but I don't do the cake and ice cream thingy.

Neither do I darski and people are always yelling at me for it! I thought I was the only one! Hope you had a good "sunday!"

Archived