bandanna bag in newest Crochet Magazine

Now that the weather is warming up, maybe you could start finding them at yard sales. If you have an A C Moore close by maybe they would order you a package of the color you want. Can't wait to see the purse when it's done!

why not just use fabric??

I really like the bag in the newest magazine and was thinking about doing it in tans/browns....

that's a cute bag. but just letting you all know, crocheting with fabric strips is hard on the hands. for christmas this year, i made potholders with 1 1/2" thick strips of regular quilting cotton fabric and a P hook.

i have young hands with no issues and it was tough for me. the finished product was great though.

my advice, make a potholder or something small first before investing yourself in a whole bag. if you have arthritis, you may not be able to do this.

:scrachin Yes, it might be harder to crochet with fabric strips as opposed to yarn. But as the saying goes, "Where there is a will, there is a way." Good luck and enjoy. :jumpyay:woo:dance

I would love to see a picture of this bag! You all have made me very curious!

I was very curious also. If you go to their website, click on "features" and then "In this issue" they have pictures of everything in the latest issue.

I was very curious also. If you go to their website, click on "features" and then "In this issue" they have pictures of everything in the latest issue.

Thank you!:)

OOPS! Sorry Kelly! I see you already gave Froggy a link to the picture! I agree with leaette! Crocheting with fabric is HARD on the hands........try to find very thin, flimsy bandanas!:yes Perhaps USED ones as they are softer......I think just making practice swatches out of different fabric weights wouldn't be a bad idea! I really like the bag as well, so let us now how you are doing with it.........I would love to see some pictures.

I used to crochet with material many years ago when wearing a yoke collar over sweatshirts was popular. I would just buy material and rip it into strips then would sew all the strips together (which I hated doing I am sure now there has to be a better way). Tying it together would make to big of knots and would not lay right.

Archived