Dishcloths and Swiffer Shrugs

jeannie1205

Here are a few things I whipped up last night and today. The dishcloths are made in Tunisian Crochet. The green/camel one is my first attempt at entrelac. The second is tunisian simple stitch bordered with sc.

IMG00084.jpg

Went to Walmart yesterday and was shocked at the price for the swiffer refills so I decided to use up some of my yarn and made up the following two shrugs. I used the green one and it works great. I love the fact you can flip it inside out and use that side before having to wash. I used Biffer shrug from Gherkin's bucket pattern. I used sugar/creme and peaches & creme cotton yarns for these items.

IMG00083.jpg

Great idea for the swiffer clothes. Think I'll try that. I hate having to pay their high costs for something I don't think works that good to begin with. I will definitly try these.

I love both the dishclothes & the Biffer shrug. I made a shrug myself just a couple of weeks ago. I've used it once already & love it. I think it will work even better when I get the refill bottle that goes inside. Right now I'm havng ro ring them out by hand which isn't all that easy. But much better than spending the high cost of cloths. BTW, my DD says the Swiffer pads are really diapers in disguise....

very neat i have a couple hot pads my MIL made a bit ago before i was following patterns and they are wearing a bit thin DH yelped the other day when removing the hot pan with one of them time to retire them i so believe ill make a few of these thank you for sharing

Archived