Mile-a-minute-a-long!

That is STUNNING!

it's similiar to the medallian one. I tried the mohair with an I hook instead of a D and it's much easier to work with. I'm making a swatch for Mom's scarf - i'l be using the vintage Lace II pattern for that. Her Bday is in Feb and I want to get my crocheting done before I have surgery (cross your fingers - I go to see the surgeon for my carpel tunnel on the 14th.)

ps - is that a pattern you can share?

The pattern I'm using is from this book:http://www.amazon.com/Contest-Favorites-Mile-Minute-Afghans/dp/1574867598/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231397301&sr=8-1

It's the second pattern in the book.

Glad you're having an easier time with the larger hook - and I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The pattern I'm using is from this book:http://www.amazon.com/Contest-Favorites-Mile-Minute-Afghans/dp/1574867598/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1231397301&sr=8-1

It's the second pattern in the book.

Glad you're having an easier time with the larger hook - and I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed!

Barbara!

I am stunned! I own that book and use it all the time and didn't even recognize that pattern! Your's looks TEN times better than the one in the book! Much better colors! Great job!:clap:yay:cheer

Here are three of the 4 MAM scarves I made ...

DCP02888.jpg

I started a MAM 'ghan today... 1 strip done adding 54 to my score. :U

:heart

:mug

Very pretty! Did you get the pattern from one of the links on post 1?

those scarves are soooooo cute!

I finished my swatch - i'll hve to take a pic and measure it later. Hubby didn't like it at all - good thing it's not for him lolol.

I'm getting sick! No voice, sore throat, painful cough - ugh! I'll check in but I don't plan on spending too much time online today.

Barbara!

I am stunned! I own that book and use it all the time and didn't even recognize that pattern! Your's looks TEN times better than the one in the book! Much better colors! Great job!:clap:yay:cheer

Too funny! Just changing colors can really make a difference and make it seem like a whole different pattern sometimes though. Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you get some rest and that helps.

Teakaycee - great work on the scarves!

Here are three of the 4 MAM scarves I made ...

DCP02888.jpg

I started a MAM 'ghan today... 1 strip done adding 54 to my score. :U

:cheer:cheer They look great! Inches added to your Mile!

those scarves are soooooo cute!

I finished my swatch - i'll hve to take a pic and measure it later. Hubby didn't like it at all - good thing it's not for him lolol.

I'm getting sick! No voice, sore throat, painful cough - ugh! I'll check in but I don't plan on spending too much time online today.

:hug Hope you feel better!

Pickles your MAM scarfs are beautiful and the baby is adorable.

Wendy howdy! Which MAM are you thinking of doing?

I've got the MAM afghans book beginning of last year but haven't started anything in there yet. I really wanted to do Restful Rainbow. Not sure if I have enough time for one more project. Maybe in a week or twos time when I get a few others out of the way.

I love chubby babies! So cute!

The daytime cold medicine said nondrowsy - they lied. At least the nighttime doesn't make me feel worse than being sick!

I did manage to get quite a bit done on mom's scarf. A couple more rounds and it'll be finished. YAY!

I have a question about MAM's. I'm doing one for the weight loss CAL. One strip for every 5 pounds lost.

So I started my first strip. Pattern called for a G hook. No way Jose! I am using an H. It's the Learn to Crochet the MAM Way from Annie's attic. No measurements for the finished afghan are given!

The center "round" is the double 3dc clusters and I am supposed to make 83 of these. I have about half of that done (42) and it's only 20 inches long. I am using Caron Pound of Love WW yarns.

I realize that the center round will stretch out a bit as the outer rounds are added but it seems small. I want it to be a nice sized throw.

Any thoughts? Or don't I make sense?

Judi-

Love the GSD graph-ghan! I had so much fun tonight playing out back in the snow with my GSD Ruby!

Judi-

Love the GSD graph-ghan! I had so much fun tonight playing out back in the snow with my GSD Ruby!

Thanks! I have to finsih the faces of the other two critters (tabby cat and Shelti)...then a simple border!

We don't have much snow - 3 inches or so - but come morning both my GSDs will be acting loony when I go out there with them, as they always do when it snows!

Pickles how adorable.

Well I have my colours, I think Im going with RHSS in ocean, pale plum and eggnog. Im just waiting on my pattern book to come in the mail.

Thanks Wendy! Those colors sound great!

I've got the MAM afghans book beginning of last year but haven't started anything in there yet. I really wanted to do Restful Rainbow. Not sure if I have enough time for one more project. Maybe in a week or twos time when I get a few others out of the way.

Thanks but those aren't my scarfs! They are Tam's!

I am working on the Restful Rainbow (2 of them actually!) and its a very easy and pleasing pattern. At least the outside rows anyways! The inside is a little boring but they look really nice made up!

Thought I would check in quick....only made it for about 2 hours of work then headed home...my back started to hurt so bad I was short of breath. Came home, at dinner, popped some prescription Aleve, now starting to feel better. All I need now is some crochet time which I will surely get because DH has condemned me to my recliner! :hook Will stop by more later to chat. Decided this morning after making a list of my WIPS (a full page on a college ruled notebook! :(:eek:blush:blink:shrug) that I needed to finish up a few projects this week. So tonight I will be finishing my H bag in cotton (mom will sell at the Farmer's Market on Thursday) then work on a few other little things

Chat with you later.

Very pretty! Did you get the pattern from one of the links on post 1?

Thank you!

This is a really old MAM pattern I had... Its one of those patterns you never forget.

I'll peek around and see if I can find it for you... if not.. I can give you a quick discription on how its done.

Thank you!

This is a really old MAM pattern I had... Its one of those patterns you never forget.

I'll peek around and see if I can find it for you... if not.. I can give you a quick discription on how its done.

Thanks!

Im not sure yet. I bought the book Mile a minute collection so when I get it I will see if it has anything that interests me.

Thought I would check in quick....only made it for about 2 hours of work then headed home...my back started to hurt so bad I was short of breath. Came home, at dinner, popped some prescription Aleve, now starting to feel better. All I need now is some crochet time which I will surely get because DH has condemned me to my recliner! :hook Will stop by more later to chat. Decided this morning after making a list of my WIPS (a full page on a college ruled notebook! :(:eek:blush:blink:shrug) that I needed to finish up a few projects this week. So tonight I will be finishing my H bag in cotton (mom will sell at the Farmer's Market on Thursday) then work on a few other little things

Chat with you later.

Oh take it easy with your back wont you. :hug You have lots of wips dont you, I think thats fantastic myself. :D Have you added the Tree of Life Afghan to your list.

So I started my first strip. Pattern called for a G hook. No way Jose! I am using an H. It's the Learn to Crochet the MAM Way from Annie's attic. No measurements for the finished afghan are given!

The center "round" is the double 3dc clusters and I am supposed to make 83 of these. I have about half of that done (42) and it's only 20 inches long. I am using Caron Pound of Love WW yarns.

I realize that the center round will stretch out a bit as the outer rounds are added but it seems small. I want it to be a nice sized throw.

Any thoughts? Or don't I make sense?

It makes sense. Just because it's written down in a pattern (free or paid for) doesn't actually mean that it's a good pattern or that it's correct.

If you're using Caron you should be using an I or J hook for the yarn size. There is no way that 83 rows of shell stitches will be anything larger than a toddler ghan.

I've come across this problem in quite a few MAM patterns. It's really annoying. You could just work the shells until it's long enough for what you need OR check out other patterns and compare how many center shells they use so you can gauge your work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning guys! With all the rest (and cold medicine) yesterday I'm awake way too early. I'm gonna spend another day dozing. Hopefully, I'll get this scarf finished up. Hugs!

Good Morning (or evening) ladies! I am feeling a bit better today, still sore and stiff but I can at least breath better! Have to manage to get grocery shopping done before work today, then make it thru work!:yuck How's everyone's MAMs going? Can't wait to see more pics (hint hint! ;)) Hope everyone is doing well! Will check in more later! Have a good day (or night) !

Im not sure yet. I bought the book Mile a minute collection so when I get it I will see if it has anything that interests me.

Oh take it easy with your back wont you. :hug You have lots of wips dont you, I think thats fantastic myself. :D Have you added the Tree of Life Afghan to your list.

Well its not a WIP yet but its in my queue on Ravelry so I guess its considered a WIM. We will see how miserably I fail at the LTK afghan first! I will say, I have been knitting a dishcloth as practice and I AM getting better, not good, just better. But then I have to learn to purl and I'm afraid it will throw my whole rythm off! Just have to crochet in between I guess! I'm still wanting to convert the tree of life into a crochet pattern!

I finished my quiltghan. Now I just have to find a pattern I like and see if I have yarn for it. I might have to go with a scrapghan type one. Any ideas on one that would look nice as a scrapghan would be great.

YAY! I'm glad you were able to join us! I was thinking about scrap MAMs and honestly any pattern would work if you have enough of the scrap to work the inside row, then just work the outside rows in one color like white or black. Would look very nice! :yes

Hi, Donna....medallion strips pattern looks good for that. It's at the bottom of this link:

http://www.patchworkcrochet.com/strips.htm

Or what she said! :lol

It makes sense. Just because it's written down in a pattern (free or paid for) doesn't actually mean that it's a good pattern or that it's correct.

If you're using Caron you should be using an I or J hook for the yarn size. There is no way that 83 rows of shell stitches will be anything larger than a toddler ghan.

I've come across this problem in quite a few MAM patterns. It's really annoying. You could just work the shells until it's long enough for what you need OR check out other patterns and compare how many center shells they use so you can gauge your work.

Thanks RoseRed :) I am going to switch to a larger hook :yes

I pulled out the MAM Contest favorites book that I have and looked at my notes for the last MAM I made many years ago. I used a J hook then and made 75 groups in the first round!

Darn that stupid Annie's pattern. What a pain.

Thanks RoseRed :) I am going to switch to a larger hook :yes

I pulled out the MAM Contest favorites book that I have and looked at my notes for the last MAM I made many years ago. I used a J hook then and made 75 groups in the first round!

Darn that stupid Annie's pattern. What a pain.

Nothing worse than a bad pattern. I got one from lion brand that was bad for a diagonal blanket that came out curved because they put the increase in the wrong place! Ggrrr!

Morning all. I added a couple rounds to Moms MAM scarf. when I post a pic I'll post the swatch AND the finished product. I'm finally on the last round. Darn sc's kill my hands tho. The scallops started to curl in so the last round i'm doing a bpslst around the post 2 rows down and sc's in the scallop. It lays so nice now!

Archived